TEXAS SUPER LEAGUE

Wgeddes122

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow... where have I been to have missed this thread? Incredible stuff here...

When Mockba did something like this for Minnesota, I decided that Texas needed a four division system. So for that last nine months or so I've been putting together a spreadsheet of cities with the team name, iconography (I can't design worth a damn, but I'm decent at determining elements), colors, nicknames, and sponsors. There's a few common elements to what's been presented so far - I had Gulls for Corpus and Whataburger as the sponsor, since many of these are just flat out nobrainers... Some elements generated a smile but a word of caution - El Paso sponsored by Old El Paso is right out. Old El Paso is what Pace is pointing at when their commercials say "This stuff is made in New York City. NEW YORK CITY?!??? Get a rope"... but I'm loving the work done so far.

A lot of gaps in my data... it's one of those idle mind projects I work on when afflicted with bouts of inspiration. There's probably too many nicknames with local parallels in the (historical) minor league baseball world. Part of this is because I'm planting the teams with a birthdate circa 1910-1930, and duplicated names wouldn't have been uncommon then... and so if the name works today, I stuck with it.

Obviously I've bitten off more than I can chew, but Texas is a decent sized state/nation so I figured four divisions would be needed to capture the depth and breadth of Texas culture.

Edit: Fine, whatever. There's no intention to hijack. More than anything it's a demonstration that a much larger project is possible.

Temple

Temple FC

black and white look

home kit- all black look with dark grey vertical stripe that goes all the way from the shoulder to the numbers on the shorts, and it goes down the back to the bottom of the shirts, similar to the bayern black kit last year

away kit- all white kit, with overlapping grid pattern

third kit- crazy green kit,

jRICwkx.jpg

Waco

Waco Rangers FC, waco is based off of Rangers FC in Glasgow, Scotland, this is because the Texas Rangers Hall of fame (not the baseball team) is located in waco. the crest is meant to look like a ranger badge

advert- dr.pepper

Home kit- blue top with white collar and red horizontal pinstripes, white shorts and blue socks

Away kit- white top with red and blue sash, red shorts and white socks

third kit- all black kit with a white collar and white accents, and a star pattern gradient

WED0VrE.jpg

Amazing color scheme for San Antonio man!

By the way, what template are you using.

I am using Raysox's template

As a misplaced Texas (Washington State) this makes me smile, and having lived in: Ft Worth, Dallas, Killeen, & Corpus Christi, and a kid born in Temple! This is cool! Love it...

So well thought out, and the unis are fantastic. Well done!

Whoo A Temple-born here too!

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

Shiner

Shiner FC, the town famous for their beer, the idea is that employees at the brewery started the club. the idea for the crest and kits is that each is based off of a flavor of beer that shiner brews, so the crest and kit change accordingly

advert-shiner (duh)

Home kit- shiner original kit with normal crest (bigger one on top). navy blue kit with red and gold accents, a red and gold winged chevron designs is on the top part of the chest

Away kit- shiner bock kit with the bock crest (bottom left) featuring two rams in the crest and yellow and brown as the main colors, and all white kit with brown and yellow accents and yellow hoops

Third kit- shiner blonde kit with the blonde crest (bottom right) featuring the stylized b and two tones of blue as the colors, light blue kit with navy blue accents, the top features a bavarian flag inspired graphic pattern

OnrruYe.jpg

Wichita Falls, the last team

Wichita Falls FC, so the logo is a water fall in an oval crest

advert- southwest airlines

Home kit- blue kit with light blue stripes that fade as the go down

away kit- green kit with white and blue striped accents

third kit- all white kit with a blue sash

QYiRfHE.jpg

Archived