Philadelphia Eagles Kelly Green Concept

davidp94

kelly%20copy_zpsxvn08nxn.png

kelly%20white%20copy_zpsqc6wgjmk.png

I recently did an update/modernization of the Philadelphia Eagles uniforms using the current colors which can be seen here. In the thread I noticed a few people asking for a Kelly Green version or saying that they preferred the Kelly Green over the Midnight Green.

Personally I prefer the Midnight Green, I think the Kelly Green should stay in the 70's and doesn't really fit these days unless its as a throwback. The Midnight Green and Black combo not only looks better to me but it also looks a little more intimidating. If you see two guys in a dark alley and one is wearing Kelly Green and Grey and the other is wearing Midnight Green and Black, I'll be more afraid of the guy in Midnight Green. I think that is the type of branding that fits the city of Philadelphia and the Eagles franchise. But that's just my opinion.

Either way I think the Kelly green can make a good concept so I threw this together. I tried to give it a classic look while keeping with Nike's mission to make every uniform look cool and new (proof of this mission in Oregon, Jacksonville, and Cleveland).

I hope you guys like them, I'm open to any comments or suggestions so fire away.

word%20mark%20copy_zpsvwm9qypg.png

logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png signature%20copy_zpstrwmpyrx.png logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png

@D_Parky

I like your Kelly green redesign you did here. I wish the Eagles were wearing these for real. (And not only because this looks a lot like my Eagles concepts. ;) )

I genuinely had no idea, sorry man. I'm not sure if I've seen your eagles concept, so I definitely didn't copy it.

logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png signature%20copy_zpstrwmpyrx.png logo%20copy_zpszsofp1gh.png

@D_Parky

I like everything except the huge numbers. The helmet is great with the updated wings on Kelly Green.

Actually, it looks like you based the jersey on the new Browns jersey, which is not really a good thing. The rest looks great, but shrinking the numbers and maybe changing the drop shadows to outlines would improve it a lot.

87Redskins.png

I like everything except the huge numbers. The helmet is great with the updated wings on Kelly Green.

Actually, it looks like you based the jersey on the new Browns jersey, which is not really a good thing. The rest looks great, but shrinking the numbers and maybe changing the drop shadows to outlines would improve it a lot.

The numbers weren't meant to be huge. I guess when I was making this I thought that was about the right size, but now as I'm looking at it they do seem a little big so thank you for pointing that out.

As for the the Browns comparison, that was the one thing I was worried people would say. I didn't mean for it to look like that. I wanted to give it a new word mark logo instead of just recoloring the one they use on their jerseys currently. I sort of based the word mark I made on the Eagles banner that used to be in the background during press conferences. I've seen this banner in old clips and in the movie Invincible. I couldn't find a picture or video clip of it but it was basically just the word EAGLES in a generic varsity sort of font, so I tied to recreate that with a more modern look. But ultimately, I'm a big fan of that font and the outline + shadow effect that is used. It wasn't until I was almost done that I realized the similarity, but I had gone too far to just stop.

By the way, I could be worse in terms of the Browns comparison, at least I didn't put PHILLY on the stripe of the pants or use a hard to see number font (which the Browns coaches already hate btw) (Cleveland lol)

So thank you for pointing that out, I can understand your thinking, but it wasn't my original intention.

@D_Parky

Don't get me wrong, I love these. But, I agree that Midnight green is nicer than kelly green, so if you could keep this exact design but make it in midnight green, this would be sharp. Maybe make the outside stripes black and the middle one silver though if you switch to midnight green.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

On the home, I would suggest putting green gaps between the silver and white stripes, much like the Packers currently do. This would help tremendously with not letting the colors bleed together, because right now it's pretty bad, especially from far away.

LOTF004357-2.jpg?1441113914

Also, give them green belts. The white on silver looks pretty tacky and unprofessional.

spacer.png

"I genuinely had no idea, sorry man. I'm not sure if I've seen your Eagles' concept, so I definitely didn't copy it."

No need to apologize, man. If anything, I'm flattered and honored that our Eagles' concepts look similar.

Maybe if enough people like our redesigns, we could sway them to change to these uniforms. (Hey, we can dream, right? :) )

"My only criticism is that I think the stripes [make the jerseys look too much like the New York Jets'] jerseys." [Corrections mine.]

Actually, these shoulder stripes are similar to the shoulder stripes on the Eagles' 1974-84 jerseys. They also recall the Eagles' 1965-69 jerseys.

kelly%20copy_zpsxvn08nxn.png

kelly%20white%20copy_zpsqc6wgjmk.png

I recently did an update/modernization of the Philadelphia Eagles uniforms using the current colors which can be seen here. In the thread I noticed a few people asking for a Kelly Green version or saying that they preferred the Kelly Green over the Midnight Green.

Personally I prefer the Midnight Green, I think the Kelly Green should stay in the 70's and doesn't really fit these days unless its as a throwback. The Midnight Green and Black combo not only looks better to me but it also looks a little more intimidating. If you see two guys in a dark alley and one is wearing Kelly Green and Grey and the other is wearing Midnight Green and Black, I'll be more afraid of the guy in Midnight Green. I think that is the type of branding that fits the city of Philadelphia and the Eagles franchise. But that's just my opinion.

Either way I think the Kelly green can make a good concept so I threw this together. I tried to give it a classic look while keeping with Nike's mission to make every uniform look cool and new (proof of this mission in Oregon, Jacksonville, and Cleveland).

I hope you guys like them, I'm open to any comments or suggestions so fire away.

word%20mark%20copy_zpsvwm9qypg.png

Love this concept. Very similar to the concept I was working, and posting tonight to my concept thread. I will post mine "as is", as I do not want to copy any other members concept. But hey I quoted "Great minds think alike", and I have seen many concepts similar. So something is up with the Eagles unis! ;-)

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived