Fix It Friday -- Browns added Sept. 27

WideRight

I really enjoy the new Fix-It Friday feature but I have not always agreed with the fixes proposed. So, I will try to reply each week with my own fix, and I would invite others to use this thread to post their own images of their fixes to the teams proposed on the main fix-it column each week.

I need to catch up a bit, so I am starting with the Bills. I will post the Buccs and Dolphins next week and then hopefully stay caught up.

The Bills image is an older one so the colors are off (JPEG vs. PNG) a bit. The key design changes for me are:

1. New secondary B-Buffalo logo (not on uniform, but perhaps could be above name on back shoulders.)

2. Taper the pant stripe to match the tapered helmet stripe.

3. Blue facemask on helmet

4. Moving the navy number outlines to separate white from red not as the outer stripe.

5. Remove logos from pants.

BILLS2014_zpsf5d6d776.jpg

I like this a lot, but I would like to see the secondary as the primary (on the helmets). I also would like to see a new word mark under the NFL logo on the collar. Maybe instead of the whole team name, a "BILLS" in their font.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I would invite others to use this thread to post their own images of their fixes to the teams proposed on the main fix-it column each week.

In that case, these are my fixes for the Bills, Bucs, and Dolphins. These may be familiar to those who remember my NFL series from a few months ago, but for those who missed it, here's a sample.

BEl6ska.png

TsQYWDO.png

otcTpqb.png

3zNz5j7.png

TJUq3aD.png

h2rU65M.png

Mg7wl6j.png

XMgAEJU.png

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

And my version of the Dolphins. A mix of pre-Nike and Nike style.

Pre: Main logo, Helmet/pant stripe pattern, wordmark, aqua facemask

Nike: Number Font, team colors

New: 2ndary logo based on old Wordmark

It's a little boring in some ways (no sleeve stripes, just logo) but I also think it fixes the main issues with the current uniform.

Fins15_zpsusxfx034.png

Cowboys fixed. Basically I limited myself to the navy and silver from the helmet, returned to the classic early years number font and the rest just fell into place. Tried a couple of Star-shoulder variations but hated all of them. So a very classic look for the Cowboys, but no more confusion of blues & blue-greens.

Boys15_zps4iao4cw1.png

And the Browns.

I retained the football-B logo from the prior design, used the colors from the new NIKE design, but basically scrapped the rest of the new elements. The shoulders and pants are designed to mirror the Brown-white-brown stripe from the helmet, rather than creating a Brown-Orange-Brown or Orange-White-Orange stripe.

Browns15_zpsgbc3fpt3.png

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is your own project and not linked to the main series, but I'm not seeing this discussed anywhere else and don't really know if there is anywhere else to discuss this. What's up with the main series? It's now been two weeks without an entrance, despite a promise from Chris that the next one would be NHL. Did something happen? Is the series dead?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived