Albuquereque Roadrunners

JMurr

I think the shape of the roadrunner needs improvement. Without the typo it's hard to tell what it's supposed to be. The head (including the neck) and the rest of the bird look like separate segments which don't really seem to belong together. The three stripes, rays or movement lines look rather misplaced and therefore intensify that impression. If you don't want to add more detail, you should definitely thicken the outlines – but I would do that anyways. It's an okay start, but it needs refinement. You misspelled Albuquerque.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

I think that there is too much going on in this logo. Minimize this to just the roadrunner and you have a nice look.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I agree with there being too much going on with this one, not a bad start, though. I've never seen a roadrunner logo that I thought was well done.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

No need for the zia in the logo. Consider the logo without the wordmark--often, in a branding package, you'll find the logo with and without the wordmark, as well as the wordmark standing on its own.

rATMcmK.png

I really think the shape of the road runner is cool. If you build on it and add some real detail...it would look awesome. Take a look at the Arkansas Razorbacks logo...it suggests movement without getting too crazy. I think that style of illustration would work so well with your concept. Great start!

spacer.png

It's a cool idea--and nice working in of the state flag--but even without the word mark & stuff--just the roadrunner itself would suggest the state flag.

Use the rest on the unis or for additional logos/branding.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

ARB_zpsi8iid1za.png

Moving in the right direction?

This would make a great alternate logo for the shoulders of a hockey jersey. I don't know if I'm feeling it as a main.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I feel like the thinness of the logo is holding it back, and putting it into the secondary territory BeerGuyJordan described. I'd suggest a background shape to bulk up the logo--carefully chosen so that it doesn't interfere with the great motion in the logo.

rATMcmK.png

I'm not sure if I like that the tail of the roadrunner is coming out of its neck/upper back. I understand that it is a logo but it makes it look like a tailless bird wearing a cape to me.

Full disclosure: I study birds for a living so it probably bothers me more than the average person.

Also, you spelled the city name wrong.

Based upon the suggestions that this be sharppend up as more of a primary logo by adding a background shape I have crafted the two shown below. The first is a more traditional ovel while the second is more of a stretch. It features a triangle background. Thoughts?

ARC_zpskes7bygy.png

ARD_zps7ukjyahm.png

7fe6a713-a81f-4ac9-b995-837498cd0466_zps

Yup, there's an issue with dead space, though I think the oval is moving more in the right direction. It's also a much better use of the Zia compared to the original logo. But now that the "cape" issue has been pointed out, I can't unsee it. I'd correct the anatomical issue first--that might change how you rework the rest of the logo.

rATMcmK.png

The oval is a well designed and colored concept. It would be a great shoulder patch for a hockey team. The second one creates a conflicting directional flow, and IMO, undermines good logo.

I have to agree with Whittier S, now that the tail detail issue has been pointed out, I can't help but be distracted by it. Figuring out a way to address that would give you one of the better alternate logos I've seen.

Archived