Chicago Cubs Concept

Patchez

Overall I like the concept and the idea to refresh their current look. Angling the "ubs" in the logo gives it a cool sense of movement. However, having the "C" and the blue circle that surrounds it cut off at different angles looks off to me.

I have read rumors that the Cubs will be getting a new look within the next few years.

Interesting update. I dig the font choice (more bold/italicized) but the more pointed/sheered C gives a lot of unbalance to the design. It feels like the logo is about to tip over.

Art Director at Lodge Design • Indianapolis, IN

- - - - - - - - - -

www.wechoosetogotothemoondesign.com

I too feel the logo is falling over. With some tweaks this would be a nice alternate. I too am a Cubs fan and the pinstripes have become as iconic as the ivy on the walls. I do like the home better than the road. The C logo reminds me of the Spirit of Chicago logo they had in the 70's

9221750493_7914692cea_b.jpg

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Thanks for the input... all valid points. I will say I was looking for both movement and that awkward rotation of the "C", which has movement as well.
You could say a movement of tripping forward, but any movement forward for this hard luck franchise is welcomed.
The white space bugs me as well, perhaps I can stick a ball in there. One comment called for "Chicago" to be more traditional on a road jersey to which I say, fuok tradition. Same for the pinstripes, but they can always have throwbacks!!!

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

Archived