Sign in to follow this  
Patchez

Chicago Cubs Concept

Let me hear it, but any comments on their current "storied" look will be laughed off.
Their story in their current look is NOT a pretty one in terms of results of their play on the field.
Time to more forward.

Home:
nuCubs_bryant_zps0duyof6j.jpg

Road:
nuCubs_rizzo_zpsbthtrkya.jpg

Overall I like the concept and the idea to refresh their current look. Angling the "ubs" in the logo gives it a cool sense of movement. However, having the "C" and the blue circle that surrounds it cut off at different angles looks off to me.

I have read rumors that the Cubs will be getting a new look within the next few years.

I like the angled lettering. However, my eye keeps wandering to the negative space below the "S."

Interesting update. I dig the font choice (more bold/italicized) but the more pointed/sheered C gives a lot of unbalance to the design. It feels like the logo is about to tip over.

Cubs fan here, I actually really like the update. Well done. I think the gray panel hat is a little unnecessary, but overall a good look.

I like the update too, I like the road cap a lot.

I too feel the logo is falling over. With some tweaks this would be a nice alternate. I too am a Cubs fan and the pinstripes have become as iconic as the ivy on the walls. I do like the home better than the road. The C logo reminds me of the Spirit of Chicago logo they had in the 70's

9221750493_7914692cea_b.jpg

I like the angled lettering. However, my eye keeps wandering to the negative space below the "S."

Thanks for the input... all valid points. I will say I was looking for both movement and that awkward rotation of the "C", which has movement as well.
You could say a movement of tripping forward, but any movement forward for this hard luck franchise is welcomed.
The white space bugs me as well, perhaps I can stick a ball in there. One comment called for "Chicago" to be more traditional on a road jersey to which I say, fuok tradition. Same for the pinstripes, but they can always have throwbacks!!!

What if the blue outline followed the contours of the right side of the "C" and the "S" as with their '41-'56 logo?

7254.png

It would be a comfy spot to put the ®.