Green Bay Packers Epic Varsity Helmet Concept

Wildcomet

So recently I read an article about Xenith's new Epic Varsity Helmet (declared to be the safest football helmet currently), which I think happens to also look pretty cool, and it made me want to use it for helmet designs. I hadn't seen a template out there so I've attempted to make my own Paint.NET template for this helmet. This is my first template that I've made from scratch, so feel free to give some pointers for improving.

For the first design using I decided to do a take on a concept that's been done before but I really like, the Packers 'Cheesehead' helmet design.

Packers%20Cheese%20EPIC%20Helmet%201_zps

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

Being a packers fan kI would LOVe to see this on the helmets. It would be badass

You're the only packer fan I've ever heard like anything like this. A cheese helmet would be horrible. It would make the Packers (one of the most, if not the most, respected and traditional teams in American sports) the laughing stock of the league.

JeKhnr9.png

Being a packers fan kI would LOVe to see this on the helmets. It would be badass

You're the only packer fan I've ever heard like anything like this. A cheese helmet would be horrible. It would make the Packers (one of the most, if not the most, respected and traditional teams in American sports) the laughing stock of the league.

Just by tinting the helmet in some areas so it looks like cheese. makes em direspected. No logic

WSna22D.gif

YKBcuDz.png
I am the guy who loves Wisconsin

Just by tinting the helmet in some areas so it looks like cheese. makes em direspected. No logic

It disrespected the brand they already created. Perfect logic. They would go from a classy, traditional brand into a gimmicky, minor league baseball like brand.

JeKhnr9.png

Sorry, but this is a cheesy idea. (Sorry, I could not help it.)

Besides, where would this idea stop? I'm sure Nike considered putting a dog face on the Browns' helmet. What next? A fat hog on the Redskins' helmet? A Raider helmet emblazoned with the fans' mugshots and fingerprints? Barbecue sauce all over the Chiefs' headgear, including the facemasks? Not to mention a Bills' helmet decorated with buffalo wings.

Let's leave the cheesehead thing back in the '90s. :)

Did you add the cheese holes or are they actual dimples in the helmet shell?

I had added them on.

I know this wasn't the best template ever (first time trying to make one), and I'll be the first to say I wouldn't want this as a standard helmet but if the NFL allowed alternate helmets I could dig it being used once.

I appreciate the feedback and the cheese puns lol.

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

Not worse than the Jags helmet, or the Bucs Unis... not even close, and it could be done with some subtlety.

I think if Green Bay did something like this, they'd be making a muenster-ous mistake. Personally, I think it's pretty sharp. :D

As for your template, it doesn't look too bad. The clipping could be a little cleaner around the facemask (I have no idea how paint.net works, so I don't really know how to suggest fixing it. It just looks choppy in a few spots). I'd also work on skewing the logo and stripes a little more to go with the contours of the helmet. Otherwise, not bad for a first try.

Archived