Colorado Avalanche '15-'16 Jersey Redesign (Update)

logo-maker

Primary Jersey Set

LM_Sweater%20Template%20Avalanche%20Set_

A simple, but effective take on the Colorado Avalanche uniforms. I mixed Stanley Cup era and Quebec Nordiques simplicity, to create a jersey set that could possibly be made by Reebok (or eventually Adidas). As a fan, I kept the "yeti-paw" secondary logo and decided against the introduction of navy (Unpopular Opinion: I like the addition of black and silver in the color scheme). You may be asking what with the pale gold/wheat color? Well, before the Edge debacle, the jerseys (especially the CCM & KOHO replicas) used A champagne (gold) colored embroidery thread in the "yeti-paw". This denotes the "champagne-powder" snow of the Rocky Mountains, a very subtle detail that I always loved.

Alternate & Stadium Series

LM_Sweater%20Template%20Avalanche%20Alt%

These designs come from the thought processes going in the new 2015-2016 alternate jersey program form the Av's. The alternate takes its cues from the Colorado Rockies (hockey) dark jersey and the state flag of Colorado. The Stadium Series jersey was a rethinking of the sash motif with a mix of the old alternate diagonal "COLORADO" lettering. All elements are enlarged as is Stadium Series protocol.

C&C Welcome

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

The primary set is perfectly designed and exactly what the team should be wearing right now.

What's perplexing me is that "champagne" colour. I don't recall ever seeing it used on an Avalanche uniform, replica or not. I think the use of that shade, as well as grey, is unnecessary and superfluous. The set would be better if you stuck with one.

The primary set is perfectly designed and exactly what the team should be wearing right now.

What's perplexing me is that "champagne" colour. I don't recall ever seeing it used on an Avalanche uniform, replica or not.

Compare the shoulder logo and the number embroidery

Joe-Sakic-Avs.jpg

Joe-Sakic1.jpg

Definitely a gold/champagne hue on the yeti-foot.

Thanks for the comments.

A few changes that I considered:

- replaced the gray/silver with the champagne/gold

- altered the sleeve striping the mirror the hem (although, I was hesitant to do so since I have seen a similar concept before and do not wish to be called out for copying their work)

- I could not make the numbering look right (my opinion) and keep them black (I personally think it bring a balance to the uniforms black breezers and gloves).

Primary Set:

LM_Sweater%20Template%20Avalanche%20Set%

Alternate and Stadium Series:

LM_Sweater%20Template%20Avalanche%20Alt%

I haven't done a concept like this in a while. I really do appreciate your comments.

Archived