Gobbi

Hi guys,

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to NYC and we'll be going to a few sports games. I've never been to an NBA game before and I'm looking for some advice as far as where to sit at MSG for a Knicks game. We want a decent view but don't want to break the bank (around $100-$120 USD would be ideal). I've been looking at seats in the 200 level but I have two concerns... From the pictures I've seen from these sections, there appears to be an overhang above the seats that seems like it would make the seats feel closed in and a little more removed from the atmosphere of the arena. Also, since I've never been to an NBA game, the 200 level seems like it might be too far away. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Hi guys,

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to NYC and we'll be going to a few sports games. I've never been to an NBA game before and I'm looking for some advice as far as where to sit at MSG for a Knicks game. We want a decent view but don't want to break the bank (around $100-$120 USD would be ideal). I've been looking at seats in the 200 level but I have two concerns... From the pictures I've seen from these sections, there appears to be an overhang above the seats that seems like it would make the seats feel closed in and a little more removed from the atmosphere of the arena. Also, since I've never been to an NBA game, the 200 level seems like it might be too far away. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I've seen just one NBA game at MSG and sat in section 203, in the second row. The first row of seats in that section had TVs below the seats where you could watch the game in progress or another game. The view from the seats was just fine, but the TVs directly in my field of vision were not, especially since the action on TV lagged behind the on-court happenings by a second or two.

However, those seats were $125 each, and that was against the Bucks. The Knicks are garbage now, so maybe you can find a better deal.

I will say it was awesome being at MSG. I've seen NBA games at the then-MCI Center and Key Arena, and neither had the aura MSG did.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Thanks for the info! I would find the TVs pretty distracting too. Stubhub has some decent prices and single game tickets haven't even gone on sale yet so I'm hoping I'll get something good. I'm pretty pumped to go to MSG for the first time though!

I sat in 403 Row G (had to look it up) in 1997 but it doesn't seem like that section exists since the renovation.

At any rate, it was either the last row or close to it, but MSG was the kind of place I was just happy to get into at all, so perhaps my memory is clouded by that.

Or by Michael Jordan rallying the Bulls with 20 of his 34 points in the last 8 minutes (that part I remember well).

If you sit in the back rows of the 200s (unless you're at one of the ends) your view of the scoreboard will be blocked by the bridges. You should be able to see the court alright though and they do have small scoreboard thingies along the side of the bridges.

Archived