NBA Pride Uniforms discussion

ScubaSteve

The Pelicans introduced their sleeved Pride alternate and Uni Watch pointed out this from the press release:

The unveiling of the uniforms follows the NBA’s progression for teams that introduce a new identity. The first season, home and road uniforms are released, followed by an alternate uniform. The third year, teams can add a “Pride” uniform with required sleeves. The “Pride” uniforms utilize indigenous design elements or phrases or colors that are linked to the team’s local culture in a manner that enhances and extends the team’s identity.

That being said, do you think this is a good idea and which, if any, of those introduced are the least bad (they all suck solely for having sleeves). IMO Charlotte's Tron-esque Buzz City jerseys:

646e3520-1c25-11e5-9231-2f3aba443ee3_fro

The NBA went way off the rails with jersey regulations a couple years ago and haven't looked back since. I guess with Nike's track record we can see some more throwbacks in the future, but I feel they'll continue the trend of fourth/fifth/sixth jerseys with no rhyme or reason to who wears what, when and where.

I mean I guess some color-on-color matchups are cool, but otherwise the NBA lost control completely with uniform regulations.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

As I always say in those discussions, both Adidas and Nike realized how much money they make by realeasing new (association) football kits every year. We just have to accept the lesser evil: for the price of keeping primary uniforms unchanged for a couple of years, new alternates are introduced every year. To be honest, I don't mind it and if the uniforms are good, I strongly support it. Each team plays 82 games during regular season. I don't want to see them 41 times in the same uniform.

The NBA went way off the rails with jersey regulations a couple years ago and haven't looked back since. I guess with Nike's track record we can see some more throwbacks in the future, but I feel they'll continue the trend of fourth/fifth/sixth jerseys with no rhyme or reason to who wears what, when and where.

I mean I guess some color-on-color matchups are cool, but otherwise the NBA lost control completely with uniform regulations.

Stupid nickname uniforms like Clutch City ans Rip City are a real travesty. There are some ugly alts in NFL, NHL and MLB but these take the prize as the dumbest alts you can find...

Archived