Robbman's Evolution Challenge Event #3

robbman21

Well hello again everyone!The Robbman has returned from vacation and a 10 day absence from the boards to renew his increasingly popular uniform-updating challenge.Event #3 was to originally be the MLB edition,BUT due to some potentially huge news(which if it happens I will announce it here first),I am setting aside MLB for now in favor of the ABA.The rules are the same as the previous two:

I provide a definitive "list" of teams and or uniforms to choose from and you have to update their unis as if they were still playing and wearind said unis today.The colors have to remain the same but as always black and silver/gray can be added with no penalty.Also you can update or create completely new logos for the teams in each challenge.ONLY teams from the list will be accepted,however if you have an idea for one not shown please PM me and I should likely allow it.As usual I hae no set deadline at the beginning but I would like to begin voting within 10 days to 2 weeks,and hopefully sooner.The turnout last time was great so I wont set my goal any higher than 15 again this time,which if it goes as well as the NBA challenge then we will reach that no prob.Well,below is the official list,and feel free to refer to the link below for pics and logos from the orginal teams.It's great to be back fellas,and good luck to all!!

TEAMS:

Spirits of St.Louis

Kentucky Colonels

Miami Floridians

Dallas Chaparrals

San Diego Sails

San Diego Conquistadors

Utah Stars

For Reference Go Here..."Remember the ABA"

98Falcons.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I figure I'll get the ball rolling and post the first entry.I did the Spirits of St.Louis,which now 30 years later have been renamed the St. Louis Spirits.I figure that with black being part of the orginal scheme they would have switched to this anyway for the roads.I made two new logos but I'm not really happy with either one,they did not come out the way I pictured in my head.The primary is an airplane propeller(props to the original unis) forming an 'S',with a stylized "TL" and

St.Louis arch going over the middle.The secondary is just a simple "STL" on the collars and backs of jerseys.The side panels are also inspired by the propeller shaped "S" on the logo.Not my best work by far but I made these with only 2 weeks of Illustrator use,and 10 days away from it.Comments and critique are definitely welcome and expected.An orange alternate is coming soon with this and hopefully this gets the bacll rolling on the entries.Enjoy!!

St.Louis Spirits Evolution

ResizedBMP.gif

98Falcons.png

The side stripe on the shorts looks like a necktie--if you were going for a propeller then I'd re shape it a bit. If it was just a cool stripe, re shape it a bit.

If you were going for a neck tie--then you nailed it!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Hey Chapi,I really like the overall design,but I think I would like to see it with matching jersey/shorts.And maybe see the dark green as an alternate.Overall I like the concept,though.

98Falcons.png

I usually like to let each of my events run about 2 1/2-3 weeks to give those competing in other events plenty of time to enter and also for entrants to make changes based on other ideas or critiques.Also,you can enter as many times as there as teams listed and I encourage it to promote competition not just among each entry but among each team design as well.The only strict rules are it has to be from "the list" and it has to keep at least variations of the original colors(black and silver/gray are allowed additions).Other than that it's free creative reign!I think I'll be closing this up within about a week from now.

98Falcons.png

Archived