Tampa Lightning Rebrand

ECUFan25

So I was thinking about this redesign for all the schools I've been to in my life I might do and my elementary school was royal and on the verge of being volt yellow and maybe those colors might look good on the Tampa Bay Lightning, is what was going on in my head. So here the project.

TAMPA LIGHTNING REBRAND BY ECUFAN25

Logo:

logo-2_zps1ls4vrie.png

Uniforms:

tbl_zpsdkwnyebn.png

The yellow has too much of a green tint to it (very neony) which doesn't work here with the drop shadow. Change the yellow to something a little softer and it may help

The logo itself is also really barren. It needs a lot more to it and the shapes in either corner don't add anything

The uniform needs to be one color. Navy on the front and yellow on the back doesn't work real well and all that alternating would just cause confusion on the ice. All navy with the white line on the side would work well with yellow accent marks

The number font is also quite hard to read with numbers other than 1 or maybe 7. Simplify it.

Royal is also lighter (think Cubs) but the navy works fine here with the yellow.

I know this seems like a lot and I understand making an design is very hard work (I've failed at numerous attempts so far and haven't the courage to post any of them here) but the lightning blot T is a great idea and it plus the color scheme could be something really great

29uxdh0.png

The yellow has too much of a green tint to it (very neony) which doesn't work here with the drop shadow. Change the yellow to something a little softer and it may help

The logo itself is also really barren. It needs a lot more to it and the shapes in either corner don't add anything

The uniform needs to be one color. Navy on the front and yellow on the back doesn't work real well and all that alternating would just cause confusion on the ice. All navy with the white line on the side would work well with yellow accent marks

The number font is also quite hard to read with numbers other than 1 or maybe 7. Simplify it.

Royal is also lighter (think Cubs) but the navy works fine here with the yellow.

I know this seems like a lot and I understand making an design is very hard work (I've failed at numerous attempts so far and haven't the courage to post any of them here) but the lightning blot T is a great idea and it plus the color scheme could be something really great

Yep.

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

Assuming this is a very rough draft? Conceptually I think it has potential. The outline of the oval needs to be thicker, not a single line. Agree, I think the yellow is just a bit much right now, but could work if you toned it down a bit, and the blue has to be more noticeably blue(or is it black? hard to tell right now for me) To me it also looks a bit funny to have the black outline on the bright yellow bolt, I think the other yellow you have in there might work better.

Keep at it. Conceptually it could definitely work but this looks like a pretty rough draft to me right now

The "T" bolt is very thin. I suggest to making the "T" bolt 4 or 5 times thicker (almost fat) and making the outline thicker also. The shading is not necessary. Remove the ellipse (it creates so much empty space). Think about how the University of Wisconsin "W" is such an iconic logo.

Assuming this is a very rough draft? Conceptually I think it has potential. The outline of the oval needs to be thicker, not a single line. Agree, I think the yellow is just a bit much right now, but could work if you toned it down a bit, and the blue has to be more noticeably blue(or is it black? hard to tell right now for me) To me it also looks a bit funny to have the black outline on the bright yellow bolt, I think the other yellow you have in there might work better.

Keep at it. Conceptually it could definitely work but this looks like a pretty rough draft to me right now

I agree with wquarton. Plus, the number font is not working.

I think you keep the volt green/yellow but only as a highlight colour. Keep the navy. Keep the concept of the lightning bolt T.

Lose everything else. The oval in the logo takes away from the concept. I would suggest a white, thickened T-bolt with a volt coloured highlight edge. White and navy thick stripes on the arms and waist, with a thin volt stripe thrown in.

For numbers, I would suggest a standard font, but italicized and maybe offset the top of the number with the bottom just a smidge. This would emulate the lightning bolt.

Keep working here, this could look great!

• 2 weeks later...

I think the white socks with both jerseys would look bad, and the yellow jersey won't look good on the ice. Maybe a yellow gold like LA Kings kinda gold would look good if a good amount of blue is used with it. Aside from that, it is a really good start.

Archived