Basketball team logo reimagined

emberstudio

I'm not really getting the "flight" theme from the main logo, although it looks very sharp

The initial designs I was working on had wings of some sort in them, but I opted to just try and let the shape have a sort of "winged" look to it. The sharp pointed edges at the side, sort of a nod to a pilot's wing badge. But maybe it's way too subtle. Or needs some slight feathering at the edges to make it look more like wings.

Thanks for the feedback.

I think these look great. I agree with having a big more of a flight feel for the main logo. IMO you've absolutely nailed it for the secondary's logo. I think if you had a similar (maybe the exact same) shape of the secondary logo either side of the F and T it would give it more of a flight feel. Just I've the grey outline a slight winged design. Hope this makes sence. Anyway this is probably my favourite logo I've seen on these boards for quite a while.

I think these look great. I agree with having a big more of a flight feel for the main logo. IMO you've absolutely nailed it for the secondary's logo. I think if you had a similar (maybe the exact same) shape of the secondary logo either side of the F and T it would give it more of a flight feel. Just I've the grey outline a slight winged design. Hope this makes sence. Anyway this is probably my favourite logo I've seen on these boards for quite a while.

Thanks for the compliment! And for the sketch. This is very much along the lines of what I've been thinking, adding some of the wing effect to the side of the shape. It already sort of has it, with the angles and pointed edges, it just needs more definition. I like what you were going for in the sketch, thanks for that.

I went in a slightly different direction with bringing out the "flight" theme with a wing shape added to the sides. I added just a bit onto the the enclosure shape, and also built some extension on to the letters as well. It's a little more understated than I originally planned on with creating the wing shapes, but I kind of like the subtlety of it.

flight-logo-P2.jpg

Looking back, I almost would want the secondary as the primary, its that good. The changes you made add to it, but I'm still not feeling the flight vibe quite enough for my taste, although it looks really clean. That secondary looks amazing though, I could see it on some bro walking around with a straight brimmed cap... which I think is what you want.

Archived