Coca-Cola vs Pepsi logos

johnnysama

What the :censored: did I just read?

Something written by the same ppl who say the new Clippers logo represents the LA coastline with the city hugging their court or whatever.

I saw my first Pepsi Touch machine in a Subway last week... same thing as Coke Freestyle. I tried Vanilla Pepsi... meh. My go to at a Freestyle is Canada Dry Ginger Ale + Raspberry.

I was a Jack In the Box and saw a Dr. Pepper touch machine not too long ago. Pretty neat concept, not sure on the taste but neat to see.

If they could one day make freestyle bottle/can machines, that'd be excellent. Having to be at an actual eatery is passe.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the :censored: did I just read?

I will try to keep my response to purely objective comments ... :-)

The Arnell Group was hired by PepsiCo to rebrand beverages in the late aughts:

- Pepsi (see above)

- Gatorade "broken words" (e.g., "SHINE ON", "BE TOUGH", etc.)

- Tropicana redesign (Orange with Straw removed)

Peter Arnell was ultimately ousted of his own agency. But he was responsible for Reebok's "Terry Tate: Office Linebacker" Super Bowl Commercial. So there's that, at least.

After reading that tome, I'm convinced the next Pepsi logo will just be BB-8 in Refreshing Blue.

bb8-wireframe.png

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

So proper diet pepsi is coming back.

I really wish they'd go back to the regular pepsi globe.

I think we've only ever had the aspartame Diet Pepsi in Canada.  Not sure if that other Diet Pepsi you guys have tastes too sweet for a crisp diet cola, yet I can tell you that it does for Nestea Zero (sweetner branded as Splenda).  I need a gallon of water to quench my thirst after a can of it.

July 11, I'm stocking up.  Hopefully the shelves aren't emptied.  If it goes well for Pepsi, maybe we'll get it back more often if not a committed relaunch for good.

@2001mark

19 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

I really wish they'd go back to the regular pepsi globe.

I wouldn't mind that, as long as it's flat like this and without gradients.

uACJ1Ng.png

I thought it looked neat in these colors too.

Vnnxrkh.png

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

1 hour ago, ZionEagle said:

I wouldn't mind that, as long as it's flat like this and without gradients.

uACJ1Ng.png

This is exactly how their brand should look in 2016.  The current globe can't be retired soon enough.  Looked dated the minute it was released.

On 23 September 2015 at 11:44 AM, 2001mark said:

Pepsi should go back to this...

Pepsi+Logo.png

Though to its credit, Pepsi have reintroduced its classic wordmark on its products in smaller script. Perhaps they'll go all in with that next time. Maybe 2020 or so, they're bound to change again.

Agreed,the old logo was a lot better!

image.jpgimage.pngimage.pngGo the Blue Jays!And New Zealand!

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

Crystal Pepsi 2.0, tastes about 6/10.  I don't think I remember it tasting like this, it's not bad, just there's little cola chase to it.  I poured a room temp bottle into an ice chill mug (one of those insulateds, kept in freezer, don't need ice).  I grabbed half dozen bottles, 591ml, cuz who knows replenishment stock (only sold in those bottles here).

drinkpreneur_151208102912-crystal-pepsi-

Nice to see that Pepsi wordmark.  White label, no blue like the old Crystal.

@2001mark

Archived