NFL to Los Angeles Rebranding

colortv

Sam Farmer retweeted Jake Arians

Rebranding of Cardinals, Seahawks is the model for what the NFL wants to do with a franchise in Los Angeles.

For the Chargers, I think they would just need to finally go all out with the powder blue.(Although a complete re-brand such as a name change might be in order)

...why? :therock:

After all, they started out as The L.A. Chargers, so what would be the reason to even suggest a name change?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have been, but NFL-Confirmed Good Guy Dean Spanos is too proud to put a stadium built with other people's money where the other people want to put it. Gotta have that downtown stadium!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Chargers have 50 years of history but it has nothing to do with LA.

Except for, you know, starting the franchise as the Los Angeles Chargers.

For the Chargers, I think they would just need to finally go all out with the powder blue.(Although a complete re-brand such as a name change might be in order)

...why? :therock:

After all, they started out as The L.A. Chargers, so what would be the reason to even suggest a name change?

AFL-1960-media-guide_los-angeles-charger

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

I'm not sure I understand that tweet. The Seahawks and Cardinals didn't rebrand, but simply made modern updates to existing logos and uniforms. I've always understood a rebrand as changing nicknames, logos, and everything in between. An update is the more appropriate term for what those teams did isn't it?

As far as what that means for the team(s) that move to LA? I think the Rams are the most in need of an update, and that's mostly in the uniform and color department. The nickname and ram head logo are fine as is.

Howabout Rams keep the gold, but switch the navy for royal? Off the top of my head I can't think of any royal and vegas gold teams in the major sports leagues. They'd need to bring back the gold pants though.

I suggested this earlier. I like the idea.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Chargers: Get rid of powder blue, maybe bring back the yellow pants.

Raiders: Keep everything the same except on the road uniform. On that one, they need to bring back silver numbers.

Rams. Royal and athletic gold, with a yellow road or alt.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Gannon2012_226of252.jpg

Purple and gold? Kinda Lakersish but with Vegas gold instead.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

To me the Rams are the most natural fit to move to Los Angeles, and they're the most prepared as they can play at the Coliseum again while they break ground on the new stadium on the Hollywood Park land that Kroenke owns and is ready for the first shovel to break out.

Their royal blue with yellow pants probably make the most sense, but It would be really cool if they went back to their traditional look from the years of the 1970 merger with the blue and white.

More than anything I want them to tweak the helmet logo back to the Roman Gabriel years where the ram horns were very angular at the very front of the helmet. I miss the old LA Rams vs SF 49ers rivalry I used to watch growing up at 4 pm Eastern Time.

merlin_olsen_1967_09_17.jpgdick_bass_1967_12_23.jpg

Is that..... two different pants styles? One in matte, and one shiny? And you'd want THAT for an NFL franchise?

Looks like it. It's a D2 college team so that's what you get. I think matte gold (khaki) is stupid though so I'd hope they go shiny.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

To me the Rams are the most natural fit to move to Los Angeles, and they're the most prepared as they can play at the Coliseum again while they break ground on the new stadium on the Hollywood Park land that Kroenke owns and is ready for the first shovel to break out.

Their royal blue with yellow pants probably make the most sense, but It would be really cool if they went back to their traditional look from the years of the 1970 merger with the blue and white.

More than anything I want them to tweak the helmet logo back to the Roman Gabriel years where the ram horns were very angular at the very front of the helmet. I miss the old LA Rams vs SF 49ers rivalry I used to watch growing up at 4 pm Eastern Time.

merlin_olsen_1967_09_17.jpgdick_bass_1967_12_23.jpg

On a side note, the Saints NEED to go back to this shade of gold....

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

None of the names will change. You don't throw away 50+ years of history (or more) on a whim.

Besides, if the Chargers move, the conceit will be "their old fans can just drive up I-5 to see them."

The Raiders, for their part, have a near-perfect brand. Would be stupid to mess with that.

The only rebrand that would make sense is new uniforms for the Rams. But hopefully that bears no resemblance to the rebrands of the Cardinals or Seahawks; all the Rams need is a return to their classic royal and gold, with minor tweaks for modern templates and materials.

LOL... Yeah no. Majority of their SD based fans will not be following the Carson or Inglewood Chargers.

Hell the fact they'll have already lost their existing fan base by moving might be an argument in favor of a complete rebrand if they move to Carson or Inglewood.

Archived