NFL to Los Angeles Rebranding

colortv

I hate teams moving, and I would be really sad to see either Oakland or San Diego move. I could probably handle the Rams moving back because they still feel like LA's team.

I'd love to see a Nikefied Rams playing in LA.

That's EXACTLY how I feel.

I may have grown up in Western New York state, but I've now lived here in Southern California for a long time, and I remember after moving here I was driving down Olympic Blvd and seeing a big sign that read 'Los Angeles Rams' ticket office. This was shortly before Rosenbloom drowned and died, and then Georgia got her hands on the team and moved 'em down to Orange County to play at the Big A in Anaheim where both she and John Shaw ran that franchise so poorly they alienated the majority of their strong fan-base. Part of the blame goes to the City of LA for not assisting to build them a new Stadium in LA County, but they really belong here, not in St Louis.

I firmly believe it's all but a done-deal that they're coming, and if so they need to immediately make them look as close as possible to how the LA Rams used to look, whether they go with the more brighter shade of blue with the bright yellow or go back to the days of the 1970 merger with the blue and white look, just make the ram horns on the helmet more angular in the very front. They can't come here still looking like St Louis like the Oilers did when they first moved to Tennessee. I believe the NFL rule for uniform-change has a loophole if a team relocates.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While it would be sad for the Chargers to leave San Diego, the city should have built the Bolts a new stadium a long time ago instead of just expanding the Murph. Plenty of San Diegans might be happy to be rid of the Chargers if they keep losing like they have the last couple weeks.

On the other hand, the Chargers would not be welcomed with open arms in Los Angeles like the other two teams that want to move there. The Rams of course have the longer history having played 49 seasons till they went to St Louis, but the Raiders, who were in LA for only 13 seasons, had a broader appeal.

I say that if the Bolts were to move, the name, colors and history should remain in San Diego and the team should have a Ravens-style rebrand.

While it would be sad for the Chargers to leave San Diego, the city should have built the Bolts a new stadium a long time ago instead of just expanding the Murph. Plenty of San Diegans might be happy to be rid of the Chargers if they keep losing like they have the last couple weeks.

On the other hand, the Chargers would not be welcomed with open arms in Los Angeles like the other two teams that want to move there. The Rams of course have the longer history having played 49 seasons till they went to St Louis, but the Raiders, who were in LA for only 13 seasons, had a broader appeal.

I say that if the Bolts were to move, the name, colors and history should remain in San Diego and the team should have a Ravens-style rebrand.

Again... The Chargers started in L.A. as the LOS ANGELES CHARGERS. And there are plenty of Charger fans in L.A. as well.

Why rebrand?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Again... The Chargers started in L.A. as the LOS ANGELES CHARGERS. And there are plenty of Charger fans in L.A. as well.

Why rebrand?

The Chargers played one season in LA in front of crowds that would embarrass a hockey team. They've played 46 years in San Diego... LA has no more of a claim on them at this point than Baltimore has on the Yankees.

Why rebrand?

The Chargers played one season in LA in front of crowds that would embarrass a hockey team. They've played 46 years in San Diego... LA has no more of a claim on them at this point than Baltimore has on the Yankees.

Touché

Why rebrand?

Yeah, I get that. But it doesn't erase the fact that the "L.A. Chargers" existed.

Its current colors, name, lightning bolt imagery started in L.A. so there's really no need to rebrand anything at all.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I feel like a number of people want to see the Chargers and Rams return to the same Royal blue and yellow color scheme, and it would be a massive downgrade for each.

The Rams getting rid of that dingy navy and beige color scheme would be a downgrade? Only if you were using images of their uniform as a sleep aid.

Maybe it's because I only ever remember the Rams in metallic/Vegas gold that I believe it to be true.

Also, I just feel that a team moving to LA and fancy new digs should be progressive. Come out with some sweet new jerseys on the latest Nike template and make it a huge spectacle.

(Unless it's the Raiders, of course)

I HAVE A TEAM THAT IS NEED OF A REBRAND----THE CLEVELAND BROWNS----Our beloved Cleveland Browns left for Baltimore in 1995 (actually February 1996, but anyways). Many Browns fans feel that the franchise has never been the same since Art Modell fired Paul Brown. And then the move happened. I know as Browns fans we fought to keep the name, colors, tradition and history. But here is the reality of the situation, the "expansion" Browns have been a punchline for all other NFL fans and teams since 1999. The new Browns should do the honorable thing like what Tennessee did with the Oilers.....retire the name. The original Browns will forever be remembered for Otto Graham, Jim Brown, and other greats. They will be forever remembered for the legendary Paul Brown and the force they were in the early days of the NFL. I would love for the owner to fire every single talent scout/draft analysis, the GM, and possibly the head coach. Start over with a new name and brings us back to the roots of American football....there were other football teams in Cleveland before the Browns (i.e. Bulldogs 1923-1927, Indians 1931, and Rams 1936-1945).

Start over again as the Cleveland Barons. This way the original Cleveland Browns can continue in our hearts as the league wrecking ball with 4 AAFC Championships and 4 NFL Championships. This 1999 fake copy of the real Browns is a mess

Deep royal and athletic gold is arguably the best colour combination in sports.

On a modern template executed correctly it's got limitless potential.

This is true. Which is why I'm looking forward to the Padres adopting this next season across town. If the Chargers aren't going to use it someone ought to.

I HAVE A TEAM THAT IS NEED OF A REBRAND----THE CLEVELAND BROWNS----Our beloved Cleveland Browns left for Baltimore in 1995 (actually February 1996, but anyways). Many Browns fans feel that the franchise has never been the same since Art Modell fired Paul Brown. And then the move happened. I know as Browns fans we fought to keep the name, colors, tradition and history. But here is the reality of the situation, the "expansion" Browns have been a punchline for all other NFL fans and teams since 1999. The new Browns should do the honorable thing like what Tennessee did with the Oilers.....retire the name. The original Browns will forever be remembered for Otto Graham, Jim Brown, and other greats. They will be forever remembered for the legendary Paul Brown and the force they were in the early days of the NFL. I would love for the owner to fire every single talent scout/draft analysis, the GM, and possibly the head coach. Start over with a new name and brings us back to the roots of American football....there were other football teams in Cleveland before the Browns (i.e. Bulldogs 1923-1927, Indians 1931, and Rams 1936-1945).

Start over again as the Cleveland Barons. This way the original Cleveland Browns can continue in our hearts as the league wrecking ball with 4 AAFC Championships and 4 NFL Championships. This 1999 fake copy of the real Browns is a mess

Wouldn't you prefer Bulldogs or Bloodhounds or something canine related? Because nobody in the league really has a canine mascot.

Since when should the city and taxpayers be obligate to provide hundreds of millions of dollars to a business that's part of a multi-billion $ consortium? The spanos clan is most noted for being ridiculous spendthrifts and calling that family middling ownership would be a compliment (look how much respect the mannings have for them). Why on earth should hard working San Diegans subsidize such an undeserving business to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars for 8 regular season games a year?

The beauty of this is that the teams will end up where they end up, based solely on financials because they are businesses and have no civic loyalty (packers excluded).

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think the Cardinals will go to LA. I think the Raiders are the most likely if NFL team goes to LA. The Cardinals would be on their 4th city. Chicago, Saint Louis, Phoenix/Glendale. Same for the Rams, Cleveland, LA, Saint Louis. I'd like to see the Jaguars move there.

I second that hopefully Jacksonville will move.... BUT IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!

We may see one of the current players, SD, Oakland + StL, if not 2 of them re-locate, but highly unlikely Jacksonville.

Proud and relieved (tremendously) that Buffalo is safe!

I don't think the Cardinals will go to LA. I think the Raiders are the most likely if NFL team goes to LA. The Cardinals would be on their 4th city. Chicago, Saint Louis, Phoenix/Glendale. Same for the Rams, Cleveland, LA, Saint Louis. I'd like to see the Jaguars move there.

no one said the Cardinals were moving. they said they wanted to REBRAND the team that moves similar to what the Cardinals did a few years back (updated logo, new uni's, etc.).

Archived