NFL to Los Angeles Rebranding

colortv

Except there's no other pro sports teams representing the Island. Especially not one of the most famous teams on the planet. Small difference there.

Despite the implication of the name, they don't represent all Texans. Heck, it's debatable if they even represent a significant percentage of them.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If LA had gotten an expansion franchise, sure. But they're not - they'll have one or more of these three teams instead. And whichever those are, the current names will come with them.

Raiders or Rams would definitely be welcomed back, but if the Chargers go, as I said before, they should leave the name, colors and history in San Diego and change to this:

5625.gif

They'd be sued so quickly by Marvel/Disney it would make your head spin.

I highly doubt that.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Besides, it's about as silly a name for a sports team as it is for group of funnybook super-heroes.

It's one of those words that sounds really cool and all until you think about it for about 30 seconds; what exactly would they be avenging?

As corny as the name "Avengers" might sound, it is still 100x better than the Ottawa RedBlacks. Fans often like to think of their favorite players as "superheroes of the gridiron." That would be an idea I think the name "Avengers" could conjure up, at least in a figurative sense. If there is to be a rebrand, it would have to be a name that would be marketable to the entire spectrum, but still suggest toughness. Also, "funnybook" is an insult to the comic book medium, implying that comic books are only for kids when there have been many comics produced for adults through the years.

If LA had gotten an expansion franchise, sure. But they're not - they'll have one or more of these three teams instead. And whichever those are, the current names will come with them.

Raiders or Rams would definitely be welcomed back, but if the Chargers go, as I said before, they should leave the name, colors and history in San Diego and change to this:5625.gif
Why? Because we're going to pretend any of those 3 markets will ever get a replacement team in the next 2-3 decades?

No, it's because Chargers fans in San Diego will be too upset to just pick another team to root for if the team moves and keeps the name. It is also because the Chargers are the one team Angelenos don't want.

Raiders or Rams would definitely be welcomed back, but if the Chargers go, as I said before, they should leave the name, colors and history in San Diego and change to this:

5625.gif

I highly doubt that.

Especially since Disney's CEO just came on board to lead the Carson effort for the Chargers and Raiders. He has the option to buy into one of the teams as well, contingent on the league approving the Carson project.

5625.gif

I highly doubt that.

Especially since Disney's CEO just came on board to lead the Carson effort for the Chargers and Raiders. He has the option to buy into one of the teams as well, contingent on the league approving the Carson project.

I said "I highly doubt that" because Disney doesn't own the NAME "Avengers". It's just like people suggesting Thor for the OKC Thunder's logo. Thor was around looooong before The Avengers, so there shouldn't be any problem or lawsuits.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Raiders or Rams would definitely be welcomed back, but if the Chargers go, as I said before, they should leave the name, colors and history in San Diego and change to this:5625.gif

I highly doubt that.

I said "I highly doubt that" because Disney doesn't own the NAME "Avengers". It's just like people suggesting Thor for the OKC Thunder's logo. Thor was around looooong before The Avengers, so there shouldn't be any problem or lawsuits.

Besides, Marvel didn't even blink when the name was used by the old Arena football team.

Gothamite going hard against comic books, I'm surprised but also not

What? I love me some comic books. But "Avengers" is still one of those team names that sounds cool but doesn't make a lick of sense.

As for Marvel and the arena football team, trademarks are usually industry-based, right? So unless Marvel had the foresight to include "presentation of sporting events" to its trademarks they couldn't stop the team from adopting the name. They could try to prevent them from selling tshirts with the name, perhaps, but I don't know.

FWIW, this is why some creators use creative spellings for character and team names.

^ But Marvel was neither owned by Disney, nor putting out billion dollar revenue films with that property during the LA Avengers run.

You can bet they'd be much more protective of their marks now.

Yes, that is correct. In fact, Marvel had barely signed a movie contract with Paramount for Phase I of the MCU before the sale to Disney.

If it were the Chargers that get to move, they should at least make an attempt to buy the name of the old Arena team. If not, anything that implies toughness and tenacity will suffice.

5625.gif

I honestly don't know what that is, a head? Someone seriously help me see this, please.

5625.gif

I honestly don't know what that is, a head? Someone seriously help me see this, please.

I see it as a head looking left wearing some sort of head gear. and the little bump on the left being his nose.

Like this, but facing the other way

101.jpg

5625.gif

I think the Avenger logo was supposed to be Mercury or Hermes.

Archived