NFL to Los Angeles Rebranding

colortv

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raiders or Rams would definitely be welcomed back, but if the Chargers go, as I said before, they should leave the name, colors and history in San Diego and change to this:

5625.gif

I honestly don't know what that is, a head? Someone seriously help me see this, please.

I see it as a head looking left wearing some sort of head gear. and the little bump on the left being his nose.

Like this, but facing the other way

101.jpg

Thank you seriously, that was driving me nuts.

I think the Chargers would be embraced a lot better by Angelinos if they switch to the NFC West and rebrand as either the Gladiators, Avengers, Stars, Condors, Knights (They could wear a silver and black combo with a touch of blue if they enter LA with the Rams instead of Raiders) or Dons. I know that the Chargers started in LA but they were there for only one season in a league that no longer exists AFL and that was over 55 years ago. It would give Angelinos that feeling of newness that Baltimore experienced when the Browns became the Ravens.

^ But Marvel was neither owned by Disney, nor putting out billion dollar revenue films with that property during the LA Avengers run.

You can bet they'd be much more protective of their marks now.

But they still don't own the WORD, "Avengers".

"Avengers" can be used by anyone. It would only be a problem if they used the actual characters from the comics.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

That's not entirely true.

They "own the word" in a super-hero context. Comic books, movies, television, tshirts and other merchandising. Maybe more, we'd have to look up their trademark application. Nobody can use it in a super-hero context. Context is everything where trademarks are concerned. That's why the comic book adaptation of the television show "The Avengers" had to be called "Steed and Mrs. Peel".

Doesn't have anything to do with the individual characters - it is entirely separate from their ownership of the various characters. Marvel can swap out any or all of them with other characters, as they have, without impacting their trademark in the least.

Archived