Sports TV/Radio Theme Songs

Waffles

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Fox, well, they do the whole LET'S USE THE NFL ON FOX FOR EVERYTHING thing now. The NFL on Fox theme is awesome for the NFL and awful for everything else. That in mind

This was probably their best theme, which coincides when they were absolutely head and shoulders above the rest with NASCAR coverage and didn't become "Too Many Waltrips"

Also THAT STARTING GRID MUSIC

And this was hilarious when they converted it from the BCS theme song to their EPL theme song

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Hey infrared, sorry I didn't realize you posted the same TWIB theme I did. I just assumed it was "Jet Set."

This was the Cubs' theme song on 720 when I was in high school. 2nd semester of junior year, I had an independent study of AP US History, probably so that there were 45 minutes where I couldn't bother students who were actually willing to learn and apply themselves. 7th hour was 1:10-1:55 and 1:15-2:45 on Tuesdays, so I would just listen to Cubs games on a Walkman when they were on, especially after the APs were over and there was nothing left for me to do. I also watched Airplane! in the band room one day. Anyway, is it corny? Yes. But WGN is corny. I didn't care and still don't. I've got edge to spare. In the "everybody loves the Cubs" chorus, I like to imagine TheOldRoman poking out and saying "not me! :mad: " "Everybody who counts loves the Cubs"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

:P

But really, the (final real) NBA on NBC theme gives me goosebumps every time I hear it; it's probably my favorite sports TV theme.

Not far behind it though (and I'm surprised that no one has mentioned it so far) is the old MLB on FOX theme. Maybe it may not work for the entire regular season, but I can't think of a better-fitting theme for the playoff races or the playoffs themselves:

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Hey infrared, sorry I didn't realize you posted the same TWIB theme I did. I just assumed it was "Jet Set."

"Jet Set" was also the theme to the 1970s version of "Jackpot!" with Geoff Edwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGdkaFZVyGc

:P

But really, the (final real) NBA on NBC theme gives me goosebumps every time I hear it; it's probably my favorite sports TV theme.

Not far behind it though (and I'm surprised that no one has mentioned it so far) is the old MLB on FOX theme. Maybe it may not work for the entire regular season, but I can't think of a better-fitting theme for the playoff races or the playoffs themselves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl_wxr0OnW8

The regional FOX's use that theme yet!

Here's John Tesh, the actual one explaining how he got called about and created one of the most iconic themes ever....

http://youtu.be/V_h7Lm7C9Nk

packchampionslfroh.png

• 4 weeks later...

A personal fave: Back when Summerall and Madden where in their prime, the short-lived NFL on CBS theme which debuted during the 49ers' dynasty coronation, aka Super Bowl XXIV. It was quickly replaced two seasons later following the '91 NFCCG between Washington and Detroit. (Yes, children, the Lions once made it that far!)

6uXNWAo.png

I have a pair of faves.

This theme, first used in NBC's coverage of the 1986 World Series (and post-season baseball, and regularly later until 1989):

And the CFL on CBC theme song used from 1987-94 (this iteration heard here was used until 1992ish, when a reorchestrated version was used):

UBwef0L.png

Whoops, forgot to go into ESPN themes.

My favorite from them for a league

My favorite from them for an event and overall (this one's the best but the Euro 2012 and 2014 World Cup variations were also awesome)

And of course a blast from the past..... FIRE ON ICE MOTHER :censored:ERS

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Archived