NFL/NBA/MLB "protecting their brand" re video game Create a Team

El Scorcho

2K16's create-a-team is really in-depth. For me, it's more fun creating a team than actually playing the game. My first creation was a modified version of an OKC concept I did a while back. There are a couple things I rushed through and want to tweak but it's just really cool to see my own design in action. The design itself aside, you can see how detailed you can get with it.

okcthunder4.png

image.jpgimage_1.jpg

(Forgive the horrible quality of the grainy TV photo)

Dear lord that's a beautiful rebrand

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2K16's create-a-team is really in-depth. For me, it's more fun creating a team than actually playing the game. My first creation was a modified version of an OKC concept I did a while back. There are a couple things I rushed through and want to tweak but it's just really cool to see my own design in action. The design itself aside, you can see how detailed you can get with it.

okcthunder4.png

image.jpgimage_1.jpg

Oh man, LOVE those uniform side panel design! How did you get it into the game? Were you able to import it as an image for use as side panels, or how did that work?

The more I see everyone's concepts, the more I get interested in the game just for the create-a-team features alone. This is great stuff.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Thanks! :)

Oh man, LOVE those uniform side panel design! How did you get it into the game? Were you able to import it as an image for use as side panels, or how did that work?

The more I see everyone's concepts, the more I get interested in the game just for the create-a-team features alone. This is great stuff.

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

NBA2K.com/upload is where you go to upload the images you want to use. (They may have fixed this but Google Chrome wouldn't upload them into the game -- I had to use Firefox.) There are 3 types of logos:

Team (1024x1024 pixels or 1:1 ratio)

Arena (512x256 pixels or 2:1 ratio)

Scorer's Table (512x128 pixels or 4:1 ratio)

You want to upload them as .png files so the logos/designs have a transparent background. For the side panels, I had just pulled the original layer I designed from my concept into a 1024x1024 .png file to upload it as a team logo. You're then able to add the team logo upload directly onto the uniform design. You can create just about anything. If you want a custom font, just upload it as an image. Same for the side panels or other design features.

The arena logo is just that little "Thunder Dome" logo. The scorer's table logos are used for ads or logos of your choice. They scroll through 6 different images so I just used the side panel design and it rotates through the logos of the team.

They've got a good amount of options for text, numbers, logos, and designs, that come with the game if you don't feel like messing with uploading. I'd say even without the uploading, it's the most in-depth create-a-team feature I've seen.

Here's a long thread with a bunch of creations on it if you feel like checking it out. You'll probably see some other concepts/logos that have been posted here.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-basketball/857161-nba-2k16-court-designs-jersey-creations.html

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Thanks! :)

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

NBA2K.com/upload is where you go to upload the images you want to use. (They may have fixed this but Google Chrome wouldn't upload them into the game -- I had to use Firefox.) There are 3 types of logos:

Team (1024x1024 pixels or 1:1 ratio)

Arena (512x256 pixels or 2:1 ratio)

Scorer's Table (512x128 pixels or 4:1 ratio)

You want to upload them as .png files so the logos/designs have a transparent background. For the side panels, I had just pulled the original layer I designed from my concept into a 1024x1024 .png file to upload it as a team logo. You're then able to add the team logo upload directly onto the uniform design. You can create just about anything. If you want a custom number/text font, just upload it. Same for the side panels or other design features.

The arena logo is just that little "Thunder Dome" logo. The scorer's table logos are used for ads or logos of your choice. They scroll through 6 different images so I just used the side panel design and it rotates through the logos of the team.

They've got a good amount of options for text, numbers, logos, and designs, that come with the game if you don't feel like messing with uploading. I'd say even without the uploading, it's the most in-depth create-a-team feature I've seen.

Here's a long thread with a bunch of creations on it if you feel like checking it out. You'll probably see some other concepts/logos that have been posted here.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-basketball/857161-nba-2k16-court-designs-jersey-creations.html

And for my next trick, I'll make the current L.A. Clippers identity disappear... (thanks for the info)

L.A.%20Clippers%20rebrand%20logos_zpsev9

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Those NBA 2k16 create-a-team features are not in the 360 or PS3 versions, right?

Aw man; that would suck if those options weren't in the PS3 version.

I have a Playstation 3 system and I was thinking about getting NBA 2K16 just for the create a team features; however, if they aren't in the PS3 version then there's no point in getting the game(at least in my mind).

Those NBA 2k16 create-a-team features are not in the 360 or PS3 versions, right?

Aw man; that would suck if those options weren't in the PS3 version.

I have a Playstation 3 system and I was thinking about getting NBA 2K16 just for the create a team features; however, if they aren't in the PS3 version then there's no point in getting the game(at least in my mind).

Don't buy it. Amazon reviewers say it's just like last year's game with roster update. I had read somewhere else that the create-a-team stuff is not on the PS3 version.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

After this thread i've had a lot of fun with the team relocation stuff. It's one of the better create-a-team style systems i've used. The ability to import images quickly and easily and use them anywhere makes it very powerful

I just wish there was an overarching create-a-team so I could create a team to use in casual games, and take that same team into all the other modes.

• 8 months later...

I just started playing this the other day since I finally upgraded to XBox One. Has anyone figured out how to take still photos? I've had the computer save dunks and such but I'd like to take pictures within the game instead of using an external camera to do it.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 minutes ago, mattb6 said:

I made a Tottenham and Columbus Crew set. They were both pretty cool but I don't have pictures at the moment. 

I've made versions based on my NCFA basketball team and my WBL team. I'll try getting something up soon once I figure out how to take the pictures. Otherwise it'll be a camera shot from my phone.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2015 at 1:33 PM, DustDevil61 said:

I was always under the impression that the uniform editor/create-a-team option was limited if not outright absent because the leagues and teams often feared that gamers would make something better than what they came up with. Think you can outdo our focus groups? Good luck doing that with 5 numeral fonts from other teams, 10 shoulder or sleeve stripe options, and not being able to use NFL-licensed logos!! Ahahahahaha!!! :P

I remember having Madden 2004 and was greatly disappointed with the uniform editor/create-a-team options. When you wanted to move a team you were pushed into renaming/re-branding them, as when you tried to to use an NFL team logo the option directly, wasn't there to use said logo.* Rams' horns, Eagles' wings, etc. were also not an option, so good luck moving the Rams back to LA and keeping the horns on the helmet!

Worse off, there was a uniform editor you could use without moving and you still couldn't use the logo there! That basically defeated the entire purpose of making a custom uniform. Why have that option if you can't even use the logo--or any other logo--for that matter?

*There was a way around that by using an in-file non-NFL team logo then swapping it out for an NFL team logo once done with the uniform editor without having to go back to the uniform editor. But even then, the logo was tiny and squished toward the front of the helmet.

The PC version had the option of importing MS Paint files for helmets, and there were a bunch of them online.

Archived