NFL/NBA/MLB "protecting their brand" re video game Create a Team

El Scorcho

I'm going to buy nba2k16 and a ps4 just because of this. First thing is to turn Toyota center ketchup and mustard. I wish there was a football game with the player license and no NFL involvement so we could customize everything from the size of the league and all the rules pertaining to season length playoffs team locations names logos everything customized with real NFL players!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Word of advice for anybody still on the fence about getting NBA 2K16. Just wait until NBA 2K17 comes out in September. Not just for the logo/uniform/court updates but because they will probably revamp the Create-a-Team system and make it much better to use.

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

Word of advice for anybody still on the fence about getting NBA 2K16. Just wait until NBA 2K17 comes out in September. Not just for the logo/uniform/court updates but because they will probably revamp the Create-a-Team system and make it much better to use.

Agreed. If they make create a teams available in play now, I'd think you'll see these fly off the shelves. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

25 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Agreed. If they make create a teams available in play now, I'd think you'll see these fly off the shelves. 

Not only that but the search function for logo uploads in 2K16 is really bad. I'm really hoping they fix that in 2K17 to where we can search for specific creations.

bSLCtu2.png

I think it'll probably stay the same unless they allow you to search online, ala TeamBuilder. I usually want to make my own uniforms with my logos, but if you're trying to recreate certain colleges, they'll be in there somewhere. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It's free this month if you are a PSPlus member.

Finally pulled the trigger and so far have tackled two teams - the Spurs and Nets - in MyLeague (you can control the whole league and can simply rebrand them without having to move them if you want). 

Didnt change either team too much, as my wish list for both teams is fairly small and I was able to nail pretty much everything I wanted with what the game offers. Basically, the Nets are a merger of the Kidd era and today, and the Spurs are fiesta again: 

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

What I love about it, as you can tell, is you can either do a full scale rebrand (like I pretty much did with the Nets in the game), or if all you want to do is minor changes - like change the court or simply change your logo - you can do so without having to change anything else.

I'm sure they're be more to come on my end. I'm eating this up!!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On October 1, 2015 at 11:08 AM, Berlin Wall said:

This is what I've done.

34qlgdg.jpg

35cix08.jpg

Turquoise and red makes for an interesting and unique color scheme.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Alright just one more, cause it's my favorite so far and I couldn't believe they had this pinstripe style as an available option.

Everybody walk the dinosaur!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Those are perfection!

This is the best combo of era's I've ever seen for Toronto & it works beautifully.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

On 10/1/2015 at 2:54 AM, 2001mark said:

Not sure. Semi off topic, I've got Madden 08 (final PC edition) & not a single 'all time' player or number matches up with any that should. It's lame.

This is because they got sued for making the numbers match up but not paying the players.

1zgyd8w.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived