Yet Another Crossover Series: MLB Gridiron | COMPLETE

LAWeaver

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

American League East Now up:

________________________________________________________________________________

Baltimore Orioles:

• Home based on the black alternate used by the actual team.
  • Used the O's logo for the helmet & the front of the jersey.
  • Refrained from using the cartoon bird head or the full-body logo because 1.) The Cartoon bird has a BASEBALL cap on, and 2.) The full-body bird is too detailed.
  • Orange alternate expected for the alternate portion of the series

Gyk4Nah.jpg

enhvdHe.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boston Red Sox:

• Don't kill me yet; The B logo is on the chest.
  • I love the Bosox socks logo, so it appears on the helmet and sleeves.
  • Navy pants for the road.

gbcHGWo.jpg

DDzj3cy.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------

New York Yankees:

• HOLD YER FIRE! I love the Yank's logo. I love it better when it's on a white background. What's more classic than a white helmet?
  • Pinstripes appear on the helmet, pants, & jersey.
  • What could be more classic than a white helmet? An all-white uniform, as illustrated by the road uniform.

J6Tjfkm.jpg

KljKq1S.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tampa Bay Rays:

• Gradient idea comes from the Devil Rays Identity.
  • Colors and TB logo come from the current identity.
  • Number font comes from the Rays' fauxback look WHICH IS AWESOME.
  • The Gradient striping on the pants and helmet... i don't know, USF maybe? I just thought it looked good.
  • NOTE: I have been tinkering with a Green, Navy, and Light Blue color scheme that isn't quite panning out the way I had planned.

wNbzn7f.jpg

uJCI6iO.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toronto Blue Jays:

• Again, white helmet trumps all, espceially in a league with WAY too much blue. Mainly inspired by the white-cap logo.
  • Leaf from the primary logo appears on the sleeves.
  • Canadian flag obviously in place of the American flag on the helmet. :flagcanada:
  • Blue pants in palce of white to help seperate themselves from the Yankees look.

Y3P1PYD.jpg

YRU6qsM.jpg

ON DECK: The AL Central: Tiger heads & block fonts, crowns, crazy C's, navy+red+gold, and white socks.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

The Blue Jays look is perfect

The Rays look good, but could use the devilray logo somewhere on the uniform (either instead of the TB on chest, on legs, or helmet)

Yankees all white looks very well designed, but the names on the back don't fit with the Yankees

Red Sox have no complaints

Orioles seem like there missing the bird, I understand your reseaning but it just seems plain/unlike the Orioles without it

29uxdh0.png

Really digging the Orioles and Blue Jays in this division. Really clean looks.

Not a fan of the sleeve logo for the Red Sox. I would just move the TV numbers there.

The Yankees are pretty nice, though there may be a better way to capture the pinstripes. Maybe vertical, more spread out, and across the entire sleeve cap?

Can't say I'm a fan of the Rays. The elements just clash too much. I'd pick a direction (current look, fauxback, or gradients) and run with it 100%.

The duplication of the socks logo on both the helmet and sleeves is a bit much for me; I would suggest putting the B logo on either the helmet or the sleeves. If you like the socks on the helmet, then I strongly suggest putting the B logo on the sleeves.

I understand the thin stripes for the Yankees, but they look so clean and classy other than that, that they seem odd. They look like guitar strings to me. Pinstripes are classic in baseball, but I think it would work better if you go with a look that is classic to football. Personally, I think you should use mismatching striping for them; I know, mismatched striping is annoying, but stay with me here: it would be a way to wink at the mismatched logo identity they have while doing what classic football teams tend to do (see the Giants, or match helmet and pant stripes but do something else with the jersey).

award%20sig.png

Houston and Toronto are things of beauty. Yankees look really good even though there was some straying, but the white-on-white looks a little too... white. Any chance of a gray pant with striping that more follows the Yankees' away grays?

Only one little thing I want to suggest. The stripe on the Mariners helmet matching the point on the compass rose is a very creative touch. I wonder how it would look if you went full tilt with it and let the stripe taper like the points on the compass rose. Perhaps, in fact, rather than putting the logo on the side you could have the compass rose centered on the face with the stripe emulating the North point and the East and West points coming from the sides of the face mask across the sides of the helmet (with the intermediary points coming out in the normal places if it looks all right.)

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm really digging all of these, great job

those rays jersey is awesome, and could you switch the red sox home jersey to red and orioles to orange

Thank you both, kindly.

Red and orange may be a possibility. I'll have to tinker around with it this weekend.

The Rays look good, but could use the devilray logo somewhere on the uniform (either instead of the TB on chest, on legs, or helmet)

Yankees all white looks very well designed, but the names on the back don't fit with the Yankees

Orioles seem like there missing the bird, I understand your reseaning but it just seems plain/unlike the Orioles without it

I was close to having the Devil Ray just on the sleeves, but hten the gradient idea hit me. I considered putting the Devil Ray over the gradient on the sleeves, but it was too much. What I think I'll do is make the Sky Blue the home color with a Sky helmet and white pants.

To be honest, the NOB are the least of my worries when it comes to accuracy of the design. I'm not sure if Conrad has a font for the Yanks...aaaaaand he doesn't. Guess I'll have to research it.

I even had the ORiole bird loaded onto a PS document ready ot go when I was like "nah, it's too busy". Again, this weekend, I'll tinker with it.

The duplication of the socks logo on both the helmet and sleeves is a bit much for me; I would suggest putting the B logo on either the helmet or the sleeves. If you like the socks on the helmet, then I strongly suggest putting the B logo on the sleeves.

I understand the thin stripes for the Yankees, but they look so clean and classy other than that, that they seem odd. They look like guitar strings to me. Pinstripes are classic in baseball, but I think it would work better if you go with a look that is classic to football. Personally, I think you should use mismatching striping for them; I know, mismatched striping is annoying, but stay with me here: it would be a way to wink at the mismatched logo identity they have while doing what classic football teams tend to do (see the Giants, or match helmet and pant stripes but do something else with the jersey).

Yeah, the more I look at it, the Sox on the helmet is a bit overkill. I know the baseball team has a sleeve patch with the socks, so I may just keep the socks there and put the B back on the helmet.

So what you're saying is something along the lines of... a Penn State/Alabama-type deal? I think I have an idea of what you're saying and as I'm picturing it, it could be a nice look.

The Yankees are pretty nice, though there may be a better way to capture the pinstripes. Maybe vertical, more spread out, and across the entire sleeve cap?

Can't say I'm a fan of the Rays. The elements just clash too much. I'd pick a direction (current look, fauxback, or gradients) and run with it 100%.

I will post mutliple options of the Yankees, including a classic football look as well as your suggestion of the pinstripes.

I think I will go with the fauxback because I believe it is their best look. A bit too 70's? Maybe. But dang is it unique or what? Looks like I'll go full-on fauxback.

Yankees look really good even though there was some straying, but the white-on-white looks a little too... white. Any chance of a gray pant with striping that more follows the Yankees' away grays?

Only one little thing I want to suggest. The stripe on the Mariners helmet matching the point on the compass rose is a very creative touch. I wonder how it would look if you went full tilt with it and let the stripe taper like the points on the compass rose. Perhaps, in fact, rather than putting the logo on the side you could have the compass rose centered on the face with the stripe emulating the North point and the East and West points coming from the sides of the face mask across the sides of the helmet (with the intermediary points coming out in the normal places if it looks all right.)

Sounds like a good idea. I think the reason it looks too white is because the stripes aren't thick enough. I'll try and incorporate the gray pants into the new away set. Maybe I won't even need them with thicker striping.

That sounds like it could be fantatic, almost like a wing design a la Michigan's helmet, or it could be a complete flop. Guess there's only one way to tell now, isn't there? ;)

________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for all of the comments, guys! I really appreciate it! You've all given me some things to work and experiment with. However, no guarantees as to when these updates will be posted. Heavily considering switching my major, which is becoming a complete pain in the arse. So, I ask that you continue to comment and updates will be posted... whenever :P .

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I'm really digging all of these, great job

those rays jersey is awesome, and could you switch the red sox home jersey to red and orioles to orange

Thank you both, kindly.

Red and orange may be a possibility. I'll have to tinker around with it this weekend.

I was close to having the Devil Ray just on the sleeves, but hten the gradient idea hit me. I considered putting the Devil Ray over the gradient on the sleeves, but it was too much. What I think I'll do is make the Sky Blue the home color with a Sky helmet and white pants.

To be honest, the NOB are the least of my worries when it comes to accuracy of the design. I'm not sure if Conrad has a font for the Yanks...aaaaaand he doesn't. Guess I'll have to research it.

I even had the ORiole bird loaded onto a PS document ready ot go when I was like "nah, it's too busy". Again, this weekend, I'll tinker with it.

Yeah, the more I look at it, the Sox on the helmet is a bit overkill. I know the baseball team has a sleeve patch with the socks, so I may just keep the socks there and put the B back on the helmet.

So what you're saying is something along the lines of... a Penn State/Alabama-type deal? I think I have an idea of what you're saying and as I'm picturing it, it could be a nice look.

Yeah, something like that. I think you should give them something that looks like it was designed 65 years ago and hasn't really been changed since.

award%20sig.png

Great job so far. It's good to see that you are taking the constructive criticism on board and also that you are making a conscious effort to distinguish between teams with similar looks. Don't forget that helmets don't necessarily have to have logos on them.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Yankees look really good even though there was some straying, but the white-on-white looks a little too... white. Any chance of a gray pant with striping that more follows the Yankees' away grays?

Sounds like a good idea. I think the reason it looks too white is because the stripes aren't thick enough. I'll try and incorporate the gray pants into the new away set. Maybe I won't even need them with thicker striping.

That sounds like it could be fantatic, almost like a wing design a la Michigan's helmet, or it could be a complete flop. Guess there's only one way to tell now, isn't there? ;)

Hah! I was a bit sheepish about making the suggestion for the Mariners, but it looks like you see the idea the same exact way I did. Either it will look really friggin' awesome, or the stupidest thing ever. That's why I kept using qualifiers like "perhaps" and "if it looks right". I was prepared to get torn apart from other forum members with more knowledge about football aesthetic.

I'm really a firm believer that football teams look best with contrasting pants, and you kept that going for most of the concept. I think that's why the Yankees looked so off to me, although apparently I didn't notice the same for the Red Sox and Orioles. It could also be that with the all white with pinstripes what would be worn as the away jersey emulates the Yankees' home jersey the most. Hmm... Perhaps that's the way of rectifying it? The Yankees are one of those teams like the Cowboys and Jets who wear their whites at home? Grays on the road with blues as an alt or just the blue on the road? Then the gray pants wouldn't make much sense. I dunno. I'm just rambling. Ignore me.

spacer.png

spacer.png

All the sets are great, especially the Rays gradient, but I would like to see the carton bird or the red sox B fearured, but those are my only complaints. Keep up the good work man!

UPDATES:

Baltimore Orioles:

• Orange becomes the home color.
  • O's logo remains on the helmet.
  • Detailed bird is now on the sleeves, replacing the sleeve striping.

qgnd8Qu.jpg

vkYyEJI.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boston Red Sox:

• Red becomes the home color, making the division much more colorful (Before: Navy-navy-Navy-Royal-Black; Now: Red-Navy-Sky-Orange-Royal)

jybvpbV.jpg

8WZJb2c.jpg

I will post more updates later. I had a last-minute idea for the Rays. For those of you w/ imgur accounts, if you go to my page (mrnascar13) you can see the Yankees update. They will be posted on here later tonight. You can also see the Rays' update, but I am switching their home color from Navy to Sky to make a more unique look.

This is a really thoughtful series; the intention put into adding team-specific details into each design is great. Your reasoning for the white Toronto helmet being chosen to match the white front panels of their classic caps made me thing of something. It might be a little too modern for the classic, straightforward uniform you've created, but what about a blue/white diagonal helmet design similar to the 2012 Navy helmet (since appropriated by Old Dominion, Virginia Tech, etc.)? That might be a way to display the logo on white, but also include blue as well. It could also work for the Orioles (if the bird head logo was used), or the Twins.

Great job so far!

This is a really thoughtful series; the intention put into adding team-specific details into each design is great. Your reasoning for the white Toronto helmet being chosen to match the white front panels of their classic caps made me thing of something. It might be a little too modern for the classic, straightforward uniform you've created, but what about a blue/white diagonal helmet design similar to the 2012 Navy helmet (since appropriated by Old Dominion, Virginia Tech, etc.)? That might be a way to display the logo on white, but also include blue as well. It could also work for the Orioles (if the bird head logo was used), or the Twins.

Great job so far!

Hmm. You may be on to something. I'll tinker with it, but I also don't want to buckle and do something that was once unique, but has now been something almost everybody does.

Archived