Yet Another Crossover Series: MLB Gridiron | COMPLETE

LAWeaver

- Wow, you managed to make the Disney-era Angels uni look good!

- Can you do a throwback purple and teal alt for the D-backs with the "A" logo on the helmet?

- '42 Cubs look fantastic.

- For the White Sox, why not have the shoulder stripes extend across the front of the jersey like the actual mid-80s jersey had?

- The Brewers look good, albeit a bit plain. Could you try adding this M to the helmet?

- Why not put the classic eMb logo on the Expos helmet? The Expos script looks awkward.

- I think the Mariners set would look much better with the gold S on the helmet.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, great job. I'm glad you kept white pants for the Royals; I really like the light blue and white combination for some reason.

I suggest giving the Blue Jays a white helmet with only their maple leaf as the logo (drop the jay). Right now the maple leaf gets swallowed up, on the red helmet--that shouldn't happen on Canada Day IMO.

award%20sig.png

I suggest giving the Blue Jays a white helmet with only their maple leaf as the logo (drop the jay). Right now the maple leaf gets swallowed up, on the red helmet--that shouldn't happen on Canada Day IMO.

Agreed. I was going to mention that in my last post.

Gaints Home & Road updates:

• Yes, I am aware that this looks a little like my original Orioles concept. However, since moving the Orioles in a different direction withe the bord on the sleeves, this works. Plus, the alternates , numbers, facemasks, and striping are different enough to work together... and they're in different leagues, so it's not like they're gonna play each other every other week.

0Bdm3FP.jpg

mtWKtLi.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------

Brewers Alternate Update:

• Added the M logo to the helmet and it does, in fact, look better, so thanks for the suggestion, coco.

4J0F837.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------

Mariners Alternate Update:

• S logo replaces the compass rose.

VLSzylk.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------

Blue Jays Canada Day Update:

• White helmet replaces the red.
  • Red Maple Leaf replaces the Blue Jay.
  • Red striping replaces the blue, making the name a bit ironic for this uniform, but that's what they do in baseball as well, so I guess it works :P

uJXUm4d.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------

White Sox Alternate... adjustment:

Not sure what I think of this version. Extended the striping to the collar. I'll let you guys debate over it, but I think I prefer my original version.

BShMtFX.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------

Diamondbacks addition:

• THROWBACK... ish.
  • Eliminated black all together, replacing it with white which, IMHO, works much better with the copper-teal-purple scheme.
  • Kept the striping on the jersey and helmet, but added new, standardish striping to the pants.

oW9FqTI.jpg

The reason I decided to go with the Expos script is because the eMb logo is, when you think about it, made specifically for a baseball team. From the mothership:

"The Expos logo, often misinterpreted, is a combination of the team initials when spoken in French -- an "e" (in red on the left), an "M" (half in white, half in blue), and a "b" (in blue on the right) -- the eMb represnts "(les) Expos (de) Montréal Baseball". The Expos are perhaps most famous for their pinwheel caps, which they wore both at home and on the road from 1969 through the end of the 1991 season"

As you can see, the "b" in the logo is meant for "baseball". In other words, you're running into the same issues as the Orioles' cartoon bird logo, which is a logo made for a baseball team only and cannot work with any other sport. Besides, there are some good looking Script helmets out there (Tulsa and Indiana come to mind). With this, I will have to repectfully and politely decline the offer of placing the eMb logo on the Nationals throwback.

With that, I believe that's a wrap. I would like to thank everyone who has helped me along the way by commenting and giving me your honest feedback. I appreciated every comment on this thread. I encourage you all to stay tuned as YACS will be returning real soon with the NHL Gridiron. First things first though... I need to spend some time on the mothership.

Thanks for commenting, up-voting, and looking! Feel free to make any additional comments if you wish.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Love the updates, mr.nascar. A few comments and last minute suggestions which I hope you will take into consideration as they are not major adjustments:

- The updated Brew Crew and Canada Day Jays unis look excellent.

- For the Mariners, I was hoping you'd go for the fauxback "S" logo from this season's alternate. Alternatively, as Dan O'Mac pointed out, the "M" trident logo would look pretty good. That "S" is pretty plain by itself.

- When I suggested the front striping for the White Sox, I meant having the stripes literally extend across the entire front of the jersey, meaning the stripes would actually go behind the front numbers. I think it would be a unique look for a football uniform.

- For consistency's sake I think the stripes on the D-backs' pants should have the same diamond pattern as on the shoulders and helmet.

- Now I understand your reasoning for not wanting to use the "eMb" logo on the Expos. Good thinking.

Let me see if I can "Ice_Cap" this thing together...

With the Mariners, I like the compass rose more than the S, but with the throwback, would it be better off replacing the S with the M/trident logo?

2277.png

- For the Mariners, I was hoping you'd go for the fauxback "S" logo from this season's alternate. Alternatively, as Dan O'Mac pointed out, the "M" trident logo would look pretty good. That "S" is pretty plain by itself.

(screw the spoilers!)

NCv119V.jpg

- When I suggested the front striping for the White Sox, I meant having the stripes literally extend across the entire front of the jersey, meaning the stripes would actually go behind the front numbers. I think it would be a unique look for a football uniform.

fauG2JD.jpg

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

One last final idea on the Sox, if you expanded the chest stripe a little more and shrunk the number down, you could fit white numbers entirely within the blue portion. It would have an effect similar to the Packers' circle throwbacks or the 1932 Giants. This would end up matching with the 83 Sox jerseys. One more idea is to add collar stripes that match the pants.

1932_NYGiants.png

Archived