Yet Another Crossover Series: MLB Gridiron | COMPLETE

LAWeaver

1). My only sticking point is that something looks off with the Brewers.

2). The wheat stripes seem to need a third color between the blue and gold. It doesn't seem to fit the rest, where there is an outline.

1). Looks like you're not the only one.

2). I'm a bit confused on this. Are you talking about the numbers having the outline rather than the wheat or...?

The numbers, names, helmet logo, and shoulder logo are all one color with an outline over a third color. The wheat looks cool and it's a very great idea, but something seems off to me. I think what it is is the fact that these stripes are just one color straight on another. Maybe an outline, or like someone mentioned a stripe that has the wheat within it. It seems simpler than the rest of the elements, and therefore unfitting.

By the way, someone else mentioned putting the two-birds on bat bird on the pants, but I actually think the single bird-on-bat logo from the Sunday alternate cap would look really good here.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, someone else mentioned putting the two-birds on bat bird on the pants, but I actually think the single bird-on-bat logo from the Sunday alternate cap would look really good here.

I think he said he won't be using any baseball-related imagery in these concepts.

Is it Oktoberfest? Because here's a whole slew of Brewers updates and/or options:

• This is the look I finally settled on.
  • No logo on the helmet.
  • Outlines removed from the numbers for a relatively consistent look across the board.
  • Barley wasn't coming out quite right as a stripe on the sleeve cap, as the details became too small in order for the whole thing to fit. Instead, I went with a SHOUDLER stripe, similar to the Chargers of the NFL.
  • Pants remain untouched.

TBBUaJU.jpg

kIXsBQn.jpg

Other options (only made home versions):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chicago Cubs update:

• Walking Cub removed from the sleeves and is replaced with a simple stripe.
  • Walking Cub also removed from pants and replaced with Cubs primary and a cutoff stripe because Nike (also because that's the best possible option).
  • Numbers are inversed from blue w/ red trim to red w/ blue trim.

rd6aHx3.jpg

Lo5BBN4.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

St. Louis Cardinals Update:

• Replaced the blue-white-blue striping on the sleeves with the striping found on their socks.
  • Helmet stripe is inversed from blue-white-blue to white-blue-white to mimic the new sleeve striping.
  • Extended the pants stripe to the bottom and up just a tad.
  • Cardinal head remains as-is.

4V2LDKy.jpg

WI6KZWG.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cincinnati Reds Update:

• Simply removed the drop-shadow from the sets.
  • I think it's a decent look, but not enough black. The drop-shadow striping added just enough IMHO.

kQ1epXa.jpg

1psJsuq.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pittsburgh Pirates Update:

• Simply changed the pants striping to resemble the sleeve and helmet stripes.
  • Again, not sure how much I like this one. I guess I do a little because it adds consisteny, but I don't know... I'll let you guys decide.

x7SCCDt.jpg

M61GnjS.jpg

_________________________________________________________________________________

Next up: Snakes, mountains, bridges, the 70's, and... The New York Giants?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Man, that white face mask on the Cards' set makes a world of a difference.

I think you made progress with the Brew Crew, but I'm worried there might be too many barley stripes now. Having them on the helmet, pants AND shoulders is a bit much. Either way, definitely a big "no" to the version with outlines on everything.

Pirates, Reds and Cubs all look really solid.

Bring on the NL West!

Okay, I'm tired of waiting. Here's an early look at the National League West (lucky guess, coco, though I guess it was obvious ;))

Arizona Diamondbacks:

• Tan helmet.
  • D-snake takes on a different color scheme, as he is now brick and black w/ a tan eye rather than being completely tan and black.
  • helmet stripe mimics this change.
  • Jersey striping is also centered around the snake pattern.
  • alternate db snake logo appears on the chest and the pants.

mnQClzf.jpg

Xvkie0k.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colorado Rockies:

• Eliminated black completely from the color scheme.
  • First and only silver helmet features the mountains from the team's primary logo.
  • Mountains appear on the sleeve caps as well.
  • CR logo also appears, but has been altered so that it doesn't look like crap and has been placed on the chest.
  • Simple purple-white-purple striping on the pants.

dJuTZbV.jpg

DG6LT2M.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Los Angeles Dodgers:

• About as simple as can be. Took some cues from the Yankees feedback and applies some of that to this set.
  • The thicker, red numbers appear on the road set as well as red striping on the sleeves, similar to the New York Giants.
  • There may be an issue regarding the consistency of the road set, as the road set features red sleeve stripes and blue pants stripes.

21nGDMU.jpg

YAYKGsp.jpg

San Diego Padres:

• This set is a huge "Combination of Eras" look.
  • Number font and SD logo from the curent era.
  • Colors and the jersey yoke are obviously from the 70's.
  • Contrasting TV numbers on the sleeve caps.
  • Orange trim EVERYWHERE.
  • Also YOKES.

qMZjdbw.jpg

xeqaHtE.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

San Francisco Giants:

• Had to differentiate them from the Orioles somehow, so I gave them gold trim on the numbers and black pants for the road.
  • Recognize the jersey striping? Yep, that's the Golden Gate Bridge featured in their alternate logo, as well as their 2010 and 2014 WS Champions logos.

gj7ka0P.jpg

3vkVy4y.jpg

On Deck: The Finale - maroon, tomahawks, giant fish, patriotism, and the 80's.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Excellent work on this last batch of concepts.

- The Padres are absolutely inspired. Perfection.

- I kind of wish the "CR" logo played a more prominent part in your Rockies concept, but I like what you did with the mountain range on the helmet.

- Too much red on the LAD road jersey. What if just the shoulder numbers were red?

- The gold trim on the Giants set is a really nice touch.

- I was kind of hoping you'd go use the classic purple and teal scheme for the Dbacks, but since the purple is so predominant in your Colorado concept, it's probably smarter that you stuck with their current look.

I think it'd be interesting to give the Dodgers two sets of white pants, blue stripes at home and red on the road, to continue your Giants theme.

Also, I'd make the Padres yokes similar to those formerly on the Michigan State set, to resemble the Taco Bell caps better.

spacer.png

Feel free to disregard this, but I thought I would throw it out there. The Dodgers famously use red front numbers on their home jersey. Obviously, you don't want red numbers on the front and white on the back of a football jersey, but what if you made the TV numbers red. It would look kind of odd, but it could be their odd uniform quirk that teams with classic looks tend to have. (If you make the TV numbers red, you could then add more blue to the road jersey to improve the color balance...but that probably isn't what you are really going for.)

I like Colorado's helmet, but if the primary logo isn't on the helmet, teams usually put it on their sleeves (the Eagles are one example). The mountains on the sleeves are a bit much; I suggest putting the CR logo there.

I really like Arizona's striping and the Padres entire look; great job.

I'm not really a fan of the Giants. The gold outlines are a bit much; why not go with the drop-shadow that they currently use? The Bay Bridge striping comes off as tacky to me; I'd try something else.

award%20sig.png

Updates:

Colorado Rockies:

• Swapped the mountains on the sleeves for the CR logo, eliminating the need for the chest logo.

YDIamaH.jpg
thmTbVi.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------
Los Angeles Dodgers:

• made the main numbbers the thinner variation of the Dodgers font.
  • TV numbers are now red on both the home and road, similar to how tOSU had black TV numbers back in the day.
  • TV numbers are the thicker version of the font.
  • Standard road numbers and jersey striping are now blue.

1kVWTkW.jpg
OOhdhab.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------
San Diego Padres:

• Simply switched the helmet striping to a tapered stripe.

X9wVDWO.jpg
A8LnH2h.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------
San Francisco Giants:

• Gold strim replaced with a gold dropshadow.
  • Bridges replaced with the SF logo.

AyeKANS.jpg
GPAweYT.jpg
__________________________________________________________________________________________

In a matter of seconds, I will be posting the NL East.

NL East:

Atlanta Braves:

• Tomahawk acts as a helmet stripe, similar to Florida State's spear.
  • The athletic gold is featured much more prominately here compared to the actual team, as it is used as a trim around the numbers and the outer stripe in the jersey, pants, and helmet striping.
  • Road set features gray pants. Everything else is virtually unchanged.

mVja2ES.jpg
p89S0ja.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miami Marlins:

• Another combination of eras.
  • Brought over the teal from the Florida days and applied them to the current logos.
  • Marlin from the logo acts as the helmet striping.
  • Primary logo on the chest and the top of the pants
  • Stormtrooper look for the road is the first in the Majors.

ponyU9N.jpg
OhojmBS.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New York Mets:

• Throwback to the 80's with the shoulder-to-sleeve striping, similar to Texas A&M's football team.
  • Before the LA Dodgers update, the Mets were the only team with contrasting TV numbers.
  • All striping mimics the logos based on what color they are being applied to.

amNGyBw.jpg
lGWmdyV.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Philadelphia Phillies:

• Again, another throwback/"combination of eras" look.
  • Maroon takes over as the main color with light blue seldomly being used, except for the road socks and the P logo on the helmet.
  • A nice, classic look for a team that's older than dirt and, at some times, plays like it.

IcB3jEZ.jpg
KEYdcg5.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Washington Nationals:

• Had to dig a little in order to create a look based on something they have used before. That one element was the... DC flag logo? Or was it the W flag logo? *checks files*.... hmm. Eiter one.
  • So, the wavy flag pattern is used on the sleeve caps.
  • The helmet and pants striping both mimic the primary W logo based on what color they are applied on.
  • Red pants and the rare navy socks are used for the road.

UXBZ6BC.jpg
LvK6xGM.jpg

Next up: Alternates... for those who may need them.

- I like the use of athletic gold for the Braves, but I'm not sure I like how the handles of the tomahawks extend to the back of the helmet.

- Marlins looks awesome! Nice combination of eras. You could consider throwing some orange in there to mimic the Dolphins but admittedly it looks pretty great with just teal and black.

- The Phillies look excellent, as well. I'd actually like to see you use more powder blue.

- Washington is solid, but how about incorporating some stars in there somewhere?

Now that you've finished the league, can we see the Expos?

The Giants now have their SF logo on the helmet, sleeves, and hips. I think that is too much of one logo.

D'oh! You're right. Thanks for pointing that out.

Not sure when I'll get around to the alternates. Here are the ideas I had for some of them (one alt. Per franchise, not all teams will have one) :

Anaheim: throwback to the Disney days.

Houston: either Tequila Sunrise throwback or an orange palette swap.

Texas: Red helmet & jersey.

Seattle: Blue-yellow-cream similar to their Sunday Alts.

Oakland - yellow alt.

Boston: return of their blue jerseys.

Baltimore: return of their black jerseys.

NYY: None.

TB: Sky Blue jersey w/ white pants return.

Toronto: red-based Canada Day-style uniform.

KC: Powder Blue jersey w/ white pants or mono-sky blue.

Cleveland: red helmet & pants.

Detroit: none.

Minnesota: nnnnnnnnnone... maybe.

ChiSox: Batterman throwback.

STL: Navy helmet & jersey (already mocked up).

Cubs: one of their many throwbacks.

Milwaukee: throwback based loosely on the ball-in-glove or Barrelman Eras.

Pittsburgh: all-yellow throwbacks.

Cincy: BFBS... don't worry, I won't go too crazy.

San Diego: probably a yellow helmet or white pants option.

San Francisco: either all-cream (minus the helmet) or an orange jersey, or none at all.

Arizona: throwback or all-black.

Dodgers: none.

Colorado: none.

The alternates I'd most be interested in seeing:

- Purple & teal Arizona set

- Yellow and blue Brewers set

- '83 era White Sox set

- 1942 Cubs set

The alternate for the Nationals could be an Expos set. ;)

I guess I did forget the NL East, didn't I? I don't think I'll make an alternate for either Atlanta, New York, or Philly, but a throwback of sorts could be used for Miami (teal/black/teal set)...

And yes, a Montréal throwback for Washington.

Archived