Bucfan56

MLB 2016 Changes

19 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Can anyone direct me to somewhere I can visually see the differences/comparisons between double knit, coolbase, flexbase, this new side panel crap, etc.

I've always heard about this stuff but have never really known how to tell them apart. This new side panel debacle has me needing to know more. Thanks in advance.

There isn't a whole lot out there about the FlexBase & the new side panels yet.  It sounds like Majestic is springing it on everyone now.  Lukas wrote about it today, and it sounded like it's all news to him too.  He didn't notice the panels on the Padres' unveiling, but if you look closely at those pics, you can see them.  Upthread in the last page or two, there are some pics from the A's FanFest that have good pics of the panels and sweat tail.

Henderson has some good side-by-side pics of the doubleknit vs. COOLBASE, but I don't have it on me know, otherwise I'd post the pic.

11 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

May be an unpopular opinion but I liked the gold jersey, the navy home alternate is what should have been removed.

The worst thing is, with this additional alternate, it tells me there is no re-brand coming anytime soon.

One thought that crossed my mind last night after seeing the new Brewers alt is that, perhaps, this is a way to transition to the BiG/blue-and-yellow look full-time.  Not that I'd recommend the approach;  if they really want to go retro or retro-ish full-time, then just do it and not do a segue.  However, to bring yellow to such a high-profile position on a regular alt (one far more likely to appear on non-regularly-scheduled days than the "retro Friday" pinstripes) makes me think they're eyeing a full switch-over in 2017/18.  Kind of like how the Padres brown alt seems like a toe in the water before going full-on brown after the All-Star Game season.

Then again, maybe they're pulling a Cleveland and going with two disparate entities, satisfying no one.

Also -- what pants are the Brewers gonna wear with the new alt?  Wearing the regular pants at home/on the road means a clash of golds;  the pinstripes are home would "solve" the problem (the isn't that regular blue vs. the navy in the jersey?), but there's the road issue.  Or are they gonna sneak in new pants with matching yellow-gold striping?

5 hours ago, hofflalu said:

Also -- what pants are the Brewers gonna wear with the new alt?  Wearing the regular pants at home/on the road means a clash of golds;  the pinstripes are home would "solve" the problem (the isn't that regular blue vs. the navy in the jersey?), but there's the road issue.  Or are they gonna sneak in new pants with matching yellow-gold striping?

Good point...I never even thought about the pants.  Knowing this franchise, they'll continue with the metallic gold pants stripe.

So are the Twins formally unveiling their unis at an event tomorrow or will they just be on display when the doors open at TwinsFest?

4 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

So are the Twins formally unveiling their unis at an event tomorrow or will they just be on display when the doors open at TwinsFest?

Their facebook page already has a decent look.

25 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Their facebook page already has a decent look.

Yes there's a video which shows Molitor and Mauer in the new red hat and red jersey.  Plus the Coolbase versions are up for sale on the Twins web site.

Good news is not the same as the Dairy Queen jersey I own so I want to get one.  Question is will the wife let me buy another jersey?

So are these going to be the teams BP jerseys as well? I saw many alternates as well very confused...

Spring training caps: http://www.mlb.com/photos/gallery.jsp?content_id=162996878&c_id=mlb

Spring training jerseys: http://www.mlb.com/photos/gallery.jsp?content_id=162980834&c_id=mlb

Some of these jerseys are just alternates with the new patch and back name and number. Some are decent.

Some of the caps remain the same while others like the A's, Marlins just get a different splash of trim and such 

I love the new White Sox ST jersey and caps! I wonder if they're hinting at a rebrand revolving around the batterman logo in the next few years?

It appears, and it all conjecture, that the new ST jerseys and hats are the new, rebranded, BP jerseys.  The Astros' official said that the ST version of the rainbow would have a different patch & numbers on them that what they would wear once the season starts.  So MLB did away with BP jerseys per se and everyone gets one of these, with the option of wearing them in real games (with different patches from the spring set, obviously).

And the conjecture is strictly based upon what the Astros said about how they'll use this, and that these jerseys appear to be the same template as the teams' FlexBase jerseys.  Teams like BAL or COL or TEX look nearly identical to the alt, patches excepted, so it's easy to assume that those teams will use these in place of the alt.

I guess we won't know for sure until they hit retail and see how they are priced.

Considering a good number of teams are simply wearing jerseys they already wear during the regular season, it seems likely that a lot of the new BP jerseys will be worn as alts during the season. As a Braves fan, I can only hope they replace those awful red alts with the navy alt.

Regarding the new BP caps, I hate the patches, but the new caps are better than I expected. 

Per Chris' article on the main page, these are Spring Training specific jerseys, not BP jerseys. Teams will keep their BP jerseys for actual batting practice during the regular season.

I like that - it always bugged me that teams wore BP jerseys during Spring Training. And it was especially bad when one team would wear their placketless BP jersey and the other would wear their regular season uniform.

You know, I've always wondered: what is the logic behind specific uniforms for spring training and batting practice? Is it purely about money, or is there an actual reason?