MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Titanium Eagle said:

Phillies officially announce red alts that were mentioned earlier in this thread. Will be worn for six games this regular season.

5L0bJHD.jpgfxmlY3c.jpg

They're wearing these with the regular hats, but am I the only one who thinks it would look better with the blue hat they wear with the cream jersey?

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

Who thought using the puff embroidery on the outlines of logos is a good idea? Every team's logo looks like it's being swallowed. 

It's awful. As far as I know, Reebok was the first to do that. They used that on some of the NFL sidelines hats. The Bears hats (from at least 2005 on) had a raised outline on the C. It looked bad on such a straightforward logo, and it looks awful on more abstract ones or odder shapes. I don't think I'd wear one of the Sox BP caps if I got one for free. It distorts the logo unless you're looking at it straight on.

white-sox-mlb-diamond-era-59fifty-black-

OldRomanSig2.jpg

6 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

Yikes. Here I was thinking the Nike sweatboxes were bad. The mesh on that jersey just seems wildly unnecessary. 

It's probably necessary if you tuck it in every day during the summer.  Sounds like "Swamp Ass" was high on the list of feedback to Majestic.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

It's probably necessary if you tuck it in every day during the summer.  Sounds like "Swamp Ass" was high on the list of feedback to Majestic.

Fair enough. They probably could have left them off the retail versions though? 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

2 hours ago, VikWings said:

They're wearing these with the regular hats, but am I the only one who thinks it would look better with the blue hat they wear with the cream jersey?

For sure, blue cap with this jersey is better. Also i wonder if blue script would be nicer on this jersey. there is an awful lot of red !

7 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

Fair enough. They probably could have left them off the retail versions though? 

Agreed, but maybe they guessed that buyers would rather want the authentic-authentic versions (for $250-400) despite the wonky aesthetic.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Almighty said:

For sure, blue cap with this jersey is better. Also i wonder if blue script would be nicer on this jersey. there is an awful lot of red !

I think the script outlined in the blue like it is on the red jersey and the cream would look so good on the pinstripes and Grey jerseys

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

3 hours ago, TheOldRoman said:

It's awful. As far as I know, Reebok was the first to do that. They used that on some of the NFL sidelines hats. The Bears hats (from at least 2005 on) had a raised outline on the C. It looked bad on such a straightforward logo, and it looks awful on more abstract ones or odder shapes. I don't think I'd wear one of the Sox BP caps if I got one for free. It distorts the logo unless you're looking at it straight on.

white-sox-mlb-diamond-era-59fifty-black-

Which is a shame, because if it weren't for the weird logo outline and the material, that would be a beautiful cap.

Although at least the outline looks good on Cleveland.  I don't know if that's a decent tradeoff for the other 29 teams, but...

spacer.png

spacer.png

36 minutes ago, DOech714 said:

I think the script outlined in the blue like it is on the red jersey and the cream would look so good on the pinstripes and Grey jerseys

I think for sure the Gray would look nice,  I'll admit the think sleeve stripes are kinda dated looking.  I thick the pinstripes don't need it.

So they can put racing stripes on the side of that Mets jersey but they can't put pinstripes on other ones? Clearly shows that either they're consciously choosing not to, or maybe they did try but couldn't line them up with the main pinstripes and decided this was the least-bad option. 

As for the Phillies red jersey, it sucks that they're wearing them with the pinstripe pants. Colored jerseys should never be worn with pinstripe pants. Makes it look Even more like a BP jersey. Pinstripe pants require a pinstripe top, in every application. You don't see someone wearing a solid jacket with pinstripe pants, unless they don't care about how they look.  The only time you see solid over pinstripe is when someone takes off their jacket, which wouldn't happen in a formal setting.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

24 minutes ago, TheOldRoman said:

Do they sell 5950 game caps in the Diamond Era material? I know some players wear those caps during games (not BP). I'm not able to find them online.

Not disputing what you're saying, but I haven't seen a player wear one in a game and have never seen them for sale. Only time I have seen a player wearing something different than the others is a low crown model. Would love if they offered the usual caps in DE, though!

4 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Not disputing what you're saying, but I haven't seen a player wear one in a game and have never seen them for sale. Only time I have seen a player wearing something different than the others is a low crown model. Would love if they offered the usual caps in DE, though!

Maybe I'm mistaken. I remember seeing a handful of players wearing normal-looking game caps in the DE material. Oh, well.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived