MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Purple said:

really dude? first you wanna talk like you know purple so well, and now you wanna bring my sister into this one, too? not cool. 

I got your back on this one bro.  Grimmace was by far my favorite playland character, grape is my favorite Skittle, and I'm a big fan of Prince, Morris Day, and Jerome, so you're my man.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I got your back on this one bro.  Grimmace was by far my favorite playland character, grape is my favorite Skittle, and I'm a big fan of Prince, Morris Day, and Jerome, so you're my man.

Thanks, Bro. You forgot my cousin, the Eggplant Wizard from Captain N the Game Master.

4 minutes ago, Purple said:

Thanks, Bro. You forgot my cousin, the Eggplant Wizard from Captain N the Game Master.

That's your cousin bro?  I loved how he turned me in to an eggplant when I was Kid Ikarus.  I wish real me could become an eggplant, or at least something purple.  Some day, bro.... some day.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

23 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I've always felt it worked on BP/fashion caps...

It certainly beats the "CR."

After trying three times to put together a post with a variety of different caps and accidentally exiting out several times, I'm just going to give up and use words.  If you compare it to the other caps, most of them have the same proportions.  The White Sox are a little taller.  The Cubs seem miniscule compared to everyone else, but I've always found they look really weird too.  The Blue Jays are the only other ones to significantly stretch out horizontally, but the points of the leaf that spread are centered on the vertical line, whereas the Rockies one is bottom-heavy.  I must say, though, that the black version looks a lot better.  Perhaps the huge outline makes it look even more off.

7 hours ago, Purple said:

ummm this is real ignorant of you. you shouldnt talk about stuff you dont know, and you dont know purple. 

Oh, snap!  We've got royalty among us!  I know that you and the Rockies are on bad terms, but can't you convince them to reconcile?  We don't need another tragedy like the Diamondbacks.  You guys were so great together.

spacer.png

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Oh, snap!  We've got royalty among us!  I know that you and the Rockies are on bad terms, but can't you convince them to reconcile?  We don't need another tragedy like the Diamondbacks.  You guys were so great together.

I don't usually like to talk about this in public, but since you asked...

Things were going so well between us, then they met that life ruiner Brick Red. I was crushed at first, but I've picked myself up since. I have a thing in Minnesota that had gotten pretty weird and needed some cleaning up, and I think we're stronger now then we've ever been. 

Teal, OTOH, never really got over it. Teal torched what was left with Miami, eventually went crawling back to Arizona, and accepted the role of "side piece". Now it's just kinda sad, and I don't think it's going to last. Even Sand had more dignity than that. 

1 hour ago, Purple said:

I don't usually like to talk about this in public, but since you asked...

Things were going so well between us, then they met that life ruiner Brick Red. I was crushed at first, but I've picked myself up since. I have a thing in Minnesota that had gotten pretty weird and needed some cleaning up, and I think we're stronger now then we've ever been. 

Teal, OTOH, never really got over it. Teal torched what was left with Miami, eventually went crawling back to Arizona, and accepted the role of "side piece". Now it's just kinda sad, and I don't think it's going to last. Even Sand had more dignity than that. 

Ugh.  Man.  I know what you're talking about.  It's sad.  And did you see all the work Teal had done?  Doesn't even look recognizable anymore.

spacer.png

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Ugh.  Man.  I know what you're talking about.  It's sad.  And did you see all the work Teal had done?  Doesn't even look recognizable anymore.

Teal's life is in the proverbial gutter. Some are not cut out for the amount of stardom like Teal had in the 90s.

I wanted to see how many mismatched logos and/or colors the new Spring Training uniform caps and jerseys now have so here goes... There are several nice designs even in the mismatched ones but it's as if the jerseys and caps were designed separatelt from eachother with no regard to whether or not they actually go together as a complete uniform set...

Blue Jays - Colors, royal blue jersey with a navy blue cap

Indians - Logos, block C cap with the navy jersey that is paired with the Wahoo cap

White Sox - Colors, a strange one that really feels like a genuine mistake, the logos are the same but on the cap the players hand is white and on the jersey it's red

Tigers - Logos, cap logo is navy with a white outline and the jersey logo is solid white

Royals - Logos, the crowned KC logo appears nowhere on the jersey

Twins - Logos/Colors, the cap logo is outlined in red while the jersey is outlined in their Kasota Gold. Why can't they just pick one?

Rangers - Logos, state shape logo appears nowhere else

Marlins - Logos, neon orange colored logo is different than the white orange blue and yellow logo that appears in two places on the jersey. If you're gonna change the     cap logo then you need to change the jersey logo as well.

Braves - Logos, lower case a old school logo on the cap clashes with new school logos and wordmarks on the jersey. You either go old school or new school on both      the cap and jersey but not both. The White Sox and even the Brewers do this right. Both teams go old school a lot but never mixing it with the newer looks.

Pirates - Logos, Black P outlined in yellow on the cap, solid yellow P on the jersey. The cap would have gone perfect with last year's BP jersey.

Cubs - Logos, White C on the cap, red C on the jersey

Rockies - Colors, all purple jersey with an all purple cap. If they're going with purple jersey they needed either a purple cap or a purple brim on the cap like they did        last year

Side note as I was looking at all of these uniforms again it really stood out to me how the Cardinals did it right. They have a new jersey and a new cap but they clear match. Both cap and jersey have traditional logos on an all red background and with a white outline around them. They clearly go together. You can't have a white outlined cap logo and, say, a navy outlined jersey logo. The Cardinals clearly matched the cap with the jersey and it works. The Giants didn't exactly create anything new but the cap and jersey designs they chose also go well together. Too many other teams seemingly pulled their combinations out of a hat.

The primary logo last year was the jersey d, this year it is changed to the hat D. Also, the Tigers ST jerseys show a very slightly changed jersey D. The photos of the  regular white authentics on MLB Shop/ Fanatics show the same change, the top stroke meets the center upright. I am so sorry for the terrible explanation, but I'm not sure how to post a pic yet. 

Archived