MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

Still doesn't look too pill boxy at least first pic. Crown shouldn't show shape of head when wearing. 

Kent Tekulve

7cAt5f

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DIYsportsguy said:

And because it reminds us Tiger fans of some really rough years. It seems to me that most Tiger fans just prefer the hat D. Unfortunately, it is true that the "Tiger through the D" logo is all over Comerica Park in masonry and concrete.

*sigh*  That's sad.  I guess it belongs in with the "Good Logos Ruined By Losing Teams" topic.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yankees' annual Spring Training photo shoots basically confirms that the Yanks will be wearing the Yogi Berra #8 patch this year.

12321317_10153467439507781_8088609658857

EDIT: Worth noting that they're also wearing the Spring Training patch in these photos (barely visible on Gardner's right sleeve, but can be seen in other photos on their FB page). I highly doubt they'll remove the #8 patch after ST though.

Scanning through some of the spring photos and it does appear that the Yankees have switched to cool-base home uniforms. You can see the material better up close, and that they still maintain a pseudo-stitched look to the pinstripes. If they were finally making the switch at least they have done it the "right" way, because there are no missing pinstripes in any sort of side panel. I didn't go through all the players/coaches to see if this was team wide or still personal choice. Has anybody had a look at what the Blue Jays are doing yet?

yankeecoolbase.png

1 hour ago, Gehrig27 said:

Scanning through some of the spring photos and it does appear that the Yankees have switched to cool-base home uniforms. You can see the material better up close, and that they still maintain a pseudo-stitched look to the pinstripes. If they were finally making the switch at least they have done it the "right" way, because there are no missing pinstripes in any sort of side panel. I didn't go through all the players/coaches to see if this was team wide or still personal choice. Has anybody had a look at what the Blue Jays are doing yet?

yankeecoolbase.png

Honestly, we will have to wait and see for the regular season. Yankees might go cool/flex  base for spring training and switch back. 

That said, if they manage to look like this for using cool base, then they should go ahead and switch. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Have we seen the Cubs yet?  They use the same template as the Yankees, which is different than the Mets', Phillies', Rockies', etc.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Also, new "lighter weight" tackle twill involves the inside of the twill being lower than the outside of the twill. 

In contrast to what happened before, with the twill being sewn in top of each other. 

So it's a kiss cut (the outline layer is the top layer) then? Does the twill itself seem any different?

5 minutes ago, DIYsportsguy said:

So it's a kiss cut (the outline layer is the top layer) then? Does the twill itself seem any different?

Given that vocabulary, yes it is a kiss cut. And honestly, the twill itself felt the same, besides the outline being on top. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

19 hours ago, kroywen said:

It's possible to have pinstripes on Cool Base template without the awful gaps on the sides of the jersey. Take notes, Mets, Rockies, Phillies, etc.

It's also possible to have side panels on your jersey without subliminating animal patterns on them. Take note D-Backs.

1. It doesn't look like the Yankees have side panels at all.  Which might be why they finally went to the new jersey: Majestic caved and made a different template for just the Yankees.  It's entirely possible that the Yankees won't even have the sweat tail.  We'll have to wait and see on that.  And it's even possible that MLB could do something dumb like produce template Yankees jerseys for retail while the teams wears non-template jerseys.  So much still to find out here.

2. The Cubs new pinstripe jerseys are on MLBShop, but I don't think there has been any live sightings of them.

3. I went to the College Classic tournament at Minute Maid Park this weekend.  I hit the Astros Team Store, and they have the new Flex Base jerseys for the white, grey, and orange alt.  Didn't have the new blue alt yet.  The Flex Base jerseys are not COOLBASE.  They are a new animal altogether.  They are actually heavier than COOLBASE.  Dumb-looking not withstanding, the side panels and the sweat tail seems functional and they are NOT made from the same material as the old gusset material.  It's thicker.  Honestly, Flex Base seems like it corrects all of the gripes people might have had about the COOLBASE jerseys being too flimsy.  Yes, the sweat tail and panels look dumb, even up close, but all in all it's an improvement.  And I was so excited to see the new jersey material, I forgot to look at the lettering.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

3 minutes ago, Bouj said:

1. It doesn't look like the Yankees have side panels at all.  Which might be why they finally went to the new jersey: Majestic caved and made a different template for just the Yankees.  It's entirely possible that the Yankees won't even have the sweat tail.  We'll have to wait and see on that. 

If you're going by the above photo day pictures I believe there's no side panels because they're wearing coolbase jerseys and its the flexbase ones that have the side panels and the sweat tail.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 4:00 PM, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I still don't know why they go with the logo off their uniforms and not this:

6n8ewtl7lzamf20eohyv4aav2.png

You can ditch the outline, but it's an interesting design that represents the team's name, and it's still plastered all over Comerica.

That is the caged Tiger. The worst Tiger logo ever produced. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

Everyone loves a roundel.

7 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

If you're going by the above photo day pictures I believe there's no side panels because they're wearing coolbase jerseys and its the flexbase ones that have the side panels and the sweat tail.

Yankees COOLBASE pinstriped jerseys never existed.  Only the road grey.  And COOLBASE has gussets.  Those jerseys don't have gussets either.

The only way to know for sure would be to get a statement from the team, but Lukas thought it was Flex Base.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived