MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

1 hour ago, Pabig said:

Why are the Yankees getting special treatment anyways? They should abide to the same rules as all other MLB teams.

The question should be: why aren't other teams following the Yankees' example in demanding that manufacturers subordinate their design practices to each team's aesthetic standards?

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Is this a sign of a minor Braves tweak? The road script has always had an altered "A" compared to the cap version, which was skinnier and vertically stretched. However, the replicas used the normal "A." Now we've got our first look at the FlexBase authentics and it uses the true "A."

FlexBase 2016

ff_2342775alt2_full.jpg&

CoolBase

171829.gif

They've already shown they're willing to standardize their marks based on the helmet logos.

14294234874_14877d622b_o.png

If so, HUGE upgrade. That 100% needed to be done. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

18 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

If so, HUGE upgrade. That 100% needed to be done. 

I disagree.  It looks completely unbalanced now.  They made the A twice as wide, but haven't moved everything over to compensate.  This A even sticks out farther than the edge of the tomahawk.

And the Big A isn't the only change.  Note the other a's.  They used to be of a much narrower lineweight, but now emulate the retro lowercase a from the old cap insignia.

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Tigers6884 said:

Has anybody felt the material on the new Flexbase jerseys? Is it durable enough to justify the ridiculous $200+ price? 

I haven't actually felt it but no, it's certainly not worth $200+ bucks especially considering how stupid it looks...

46 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

No that's not a different color... that's an EVOLUTION!

I hope they play as bad as they'll look to turn into the damn laughingstock they deserve to be and switch uniforms asap...

16 hours ago, Tigers6884 said:

Has anybody felt the material on the new Flexbase jerseys? Is it durable enough to justify the ridiculous $200+ price? 

I have.  At the Astros Team Store last weekend.  Flex Base is, in my estimation, more durable than COOLBASE but not as durable as doubleknit.  And the panel/sweat tail material is NOT the same as the old gusset material.  It is a lot more like the stretchy material you'd find in the panels of football jerseys.

So I guess it depends on how you feel about the price of CB jerseys.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

23 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The question should be: why aren't other teams following the Yankees' example in demanding that manufacturers subordinate their design practices to each team's aesthetic standards?

*cough* Blue Jays *cough*

banners

23 minutes ago, DAKINS24 said:

*cough* Blue Jays *cough*

What did the Blue Jays do in the way of not letting a uniform manufacturer overrule their own uniform designs?

(Note that I am not expressing doubt!  And, whatever they did, I am in favour of it.  I just am unaware of it.)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

3 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

What did the Blue Jays do in the way of not letting a uniform manufacturer overrule their own uniform designs?

(Note that I am not expressing doubt!  And, whatever they did, I am in favour of it.  I just am unaware of it.)

I think he refers when they changed from Climabase back to double-knit when they overhauled their look in 2012.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/print.jsp?ymd=20111117&content_id=25996396

Archived