MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/03/2016 at 4:31 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

What did the Blue Jays do in the way of not letting a uniform manufacturer overrule their own uniform designs?

(Note that I am not expressing doubt!  And, whatever they did, I am in favour of it.  I just am unaware of it.)

Until this season, they were the only team other than the Yankees to resist the change from Double Knit to Cool Base.  It appears this season there was not way of overruling Majestic's change order.

banners

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I thought the issue was that Cool Base wasn't strong enough to take their logo patch - does the new material not have this problem?

Misconception.  It wasn't a problem, the players just preferred the doubleknits.  And the new material is slightly thicker than CB was, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

7 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I thought the issue was that Cool Base wasn't strong enough to take their logo patch - does the new material not have this problem?

Was that ever quoted from anywhere besides random posters here?  I find it very hard to believe that to be the case, and if it was, I'd expect Majestic to deal with it by changing the patch to something like single-layer-screened twill. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 3/6/2016 at 0:45 AM, jp1409 said:

Considering the history of the game and the traditions still in place, I'd even say some of the worst in pro sports. They totally flipped the bird to MLB classiness. They look like the mother:censored:er who shows up at the gym bragging about the $1200 of "advanced technology" clothing he's wearing. Both this guy and the D-Backs end up looking like absolute douchebags...

After finally seeing these in action over the weekend, I came here specifically looking for some reactions.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this!

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

My $0.02 regarding DBacks.  While I wish they would have gone back to teal and purple full time I do like their new jerseys and wordmarks...The pants,  however should have stayed on the drawing room floor

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

While on vacation in Florida I visited Pirates Spring Training I got the BP hat. I love it. It wouldn't be great as a primary but I love it as a BP and Spring Training. Really like sublimed NL logo(MLB should adopt to all hats) and Spring Training logo.

Also noticed at Braves-Pirates how hard it was to differentiate the two teams from a distant especially since I couldn't see the scoreboard. I know its spring training but...

IxkieML.png

On 2016-03-01 at 11:00 AM, ColeJ said:

that dodgers hat instantly reminds me of dynamo moscow more than the dodgers, or even the sport of baseball in general. weird.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

7 hours ago, uuh70 said:

My $0.02 regarding DBacks.  While I wish they would have gone back to teal and purple full time I do like their new jerseys and wordmarks...The pants,  however should have stayed on the drawing room floor

Watching a DBacks spring training game this last weekend on MLB Net with the local Arizona coverage and can't remember the player but they were discussing the new unis and he said the players themselves think they are atrocious (the pants). Thought it was kind of funny that they had an entire half inning interview with a player about unis. Also the player made a comment about how he thinks they will be wearing the teal based home uniforms more as the season progresses because none of the players are fans of the red based homes. Kind of interesting.

7 hours ago, Totems!! said:

Watching a DBacks spring training game this last weekend on MLB Net with the local Arizona coverage and can't remember the player but they were discussing the new unis and he said the players themselves think they are atrocious (the pants). Thought it was kind of funny that they had an entire half inning interview with a player about unis. Also the player made a comment about how he thinks they will be wearing the teal based home uniforms more as the season progresses because none of the players are fans of the red based homes. Kind of interesting.

For the sake of all that is good about MLB uniforms, I really hope this blows up in the Diamondbacks' face.

Funny how players are now coming out with their dislike of the uniforms when Goldschmidt and others were all into the design process and are hyping these things like they're the greatest uniform invention since the baseball cap itself. It'd be hilarious if the team has some dugout scuffles over the uniforms haha.

1 hour ago, DAKINS24 said:

Off topic, but does anywhere know where to get the Chromaflex version of the 2015 MLB postseason patches?  I can only seem to find the twill versions.

Only the World Series Chromaflex patches are for retail sale.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, DAKINS24 said:

Off topic, but does anywhere know where to get the Chromaflex version of the 2015 MLB postseason patches?  I can only seem to find the twill versions.

youll have to but a hat/ jersey and rip it off. otherwise, see above

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

yeah, after the Mets clinched the East division I went and brought a postseason patch and sowed it on my jersey only to see that the material was different from what the players wore. I felt robbed. 

XM4KeeA.png

Archived