MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

Blue Jays and Mets have worn their alts too much in the playoffs. I don't think either are bad at all, but I would like to see the Blue Jays standard roads for a change. And for the Mets, their standard home uniform.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen NFL coaches wear the knit caps with the pom-poms. It's not that big a deal.

But you also see NFL coaches wearing anything from 5950s to low-crowns to visors to no headwear at all. MLB players and coaches have no choice. Wearing them in the dugout or bullpen, I guess I can understand. But I feel like there must be a rule somewhere against wearing "alternative" headwear on the field.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I've seen NFL coaches wear the knit caps with the pom-poms. It's not that big a deal.

But you also see NFL coaches wearing anything from 5950s to low-crowns to visors to no headwear at all. MLB players and coaches have no choice. Wearing them in the dugout or bullpen, I guess I can understand. But I feel like there must be a rule somewhere against wearing "alternative" headwear on the field.

Didn't some players wear the 39thirty during games? I would imagine if the player or manager finds some non-standard headwear comfortable and isn't visibly distracting to anyone else, it's not going to cause an issue.

Blue Jays and Mets have worn their alts too much in the playoffs. I don't think either are bad at all, but I would like to see the Blue Jays standard roads for a change. And for the Mets, their standard home uniform.

It disappoints me as a Mets fan that they didn't open their playoff series in pinstripes at home. I'm not a fan of the two-tone cap worn tonight. I might like it better if it had the traditional logo without the highlighting. Something like this:

B7AC3EFC-AC5B-4CE8-A2A6-2624976412BB_zps

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

It disappoints me as a Mets fan that they didn't open their playoff series in pinstripes at home. I'm not a fan of the two-tone cap worn tonight. I might like it better if it had the traditional logo without the highlighting. Something like this:

They wore the blues in Game 3 against the Dodgers and won. They wore the pinstripes in Game 4 and lost.

I'm not surprised they wore the blues tonight. Harvey likes the blue alternates.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

That would be fine as a BP cap, but I don't think anything other than the standard blue is really necessary in a game.

After seeing the Mets tonight, I'd be in favor of banning alts completely in the postseason. The Mets have one of the best home sets (as well as one of the best road sets) in MLB and they trot out those clown suits. Awful. The Jays refusal to wear gray jerseys is disappointing, too.

The Royals are a team that has had the exact same look (with some minor tweaking) since the started as a team in 1969. They aren't going to change for the Dodgers or anyone else. They have rocked this look for almost 50 years now. They ain't changing for no one.

After seeing the Mets tonight, I'd be in favor of banning alts completely in the postseason. The Mets have one of the best home sets (as well as one of the best road sets) in MLB and they trot out those clown suits. Awful. The Jays refusal to wear gray jerseys is disappointing, too.

The Jays might be more open to grey after getting swept by the Royals in the blue alts. Sometimes your luck just runs out.

:wow: Mets blue alt. is freaking beautiful imo

Anthony Rizzo is badly out of shape, got the gut and lovehandles , what the hell man ?

Not every player in the league can live up to your naked Giancarlo Stanton poster.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

The Royals are a team that has had the exact same look (with some minor tweaking) since the started as a team in 1969. They aren't going to change for the Dodgers or anyone else. They have rocked this look for almost 50 years now. They ain't changing for no one.

1184886480_e86558b087_o.png

berroa.jpg

greinke-big.jpg.w300h367.jpg

If the Royals were willing to dress like this for 5 years, then there's really no telling what they might do.

Gold is actually a color in their scheme, and I think it always has been.

It's not that bizarre of an idea for them to actually incorporate it somewhere into their look. Standing out, tastefully, is better than looking too bland. Especially in the sea of blandness that is MLB identities.

It's not like this is a team like the Yankees where their look is so iconic, on a global level, that even the thought of changing something causes controversy.

And adding something as subtle as a gold outline would be "minor tweaking." Certainly more minor than adding a powder blue alternate, or adding a monogram alternate, or drasitaclly changing the road wordmark, or adding a dropshadow to the wordmarks, or wearing vests, or letting black take over their entire identity, all of which they have done.

The only changes the Royals need to make are bring back the previous royal blue road alternate and add powder blue pants. I don't think gold outlines would look very good. There is no problem with looking like the Dodgers either. I don't like when people think that every color in the logo needs to be used on uniforms and vice versa.

The Mets wearing the blue alts way too much in the playoffs is one thing. Wearing these damn alt caps every single time they do instead of their iconic cap is as stupid as it gets.

Harvey has pretty much gone exclusively blue on his starts(home or road). There was a couple of times where he chose the white pinstripes at home but that's it. DeGrom goes exclusively pinstripes and greys. Syndergaard is more even between the two. And I'm guessing Matz, being a lifelong LI Mets fan, prefers the traditional uniforms.

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

1184886480_e86558b087_o.png

berroa.jpg

greinke-big.jpg.w300h367.jpg

If the Royals were willing to dress like this for 5 years, then there's really no telling what they might do.

Gold is actually a color in their scheme, and I think it always has been.

It's not that bizarre of an idea for them to actually incorporate it somewhere into their look. Standing out, tastefully, is better than looking too bland. Especially in the sea of blandness that is MLB identities.

It's not like this is a team like the Yankees where their look is so iconic, on a global level, that even the thought of changing something causes controversy.

And adding something as subtle as a gold outline would be "minor tweaking." Certainly more minor than adding a powder blue alternate, or adding a monogram alternate, or drasitaclly changing the road wordmark, or adding a dropshadow to the wordmarks, or wearing vests, or letting black take over their entire identity, all of which they have done.

I remember the black jerseys with the "Royals" script and piping, but I had no idea the "Kansas City" ones ever existed :shocked:

Disclaimer: I love the current Royals set and wouldn't do anything to change it, personally. I always thought at the time, though, that those black alts were sort of cool looking. That being said, the home whites with black trim and the black-sleeved road grays were awful.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Archived