MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

I'm gonna go ahead and assume anyone who wears a Cubs hat done in the style of the 1984 Padres thinks Steve Garvey is that guy who hosts Family Feud.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sodboy13 said:

I'm gonna go ahead and assume anyone who wears a Cubs hat done in the style of the 1984 Padres thinks Steve Garvey is that guy who hosts Family Feud.

OBLIGATORY LINKING TO THE CHEAP SEATS STEVE GARVEY CELEBRITY BILLFISH EPISODE REGARDLESS OF RELEVANCE TO THIS THREAD

In more relevant chatter, holiday uniforms are going more and more overboard each year. Not a fan

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

Who is this for? Reds fans who've always loved the early 80's Padres identity, but didn't want to violate their allegiance to their team? 

Cf8LthdUkAAIfLV.jpg.41cc38d49b3382990204

I will assume you were saying that in a mocking way.  But I would think that there really are plenty of such people.  The Padres' design was widely beloved; and I would imagine that there are plenty of people who would like to combine their love of their own team with their admiration of that beautiful Padres uniform.

Then there is the motivation of favourite players who played for mulitple teams. I don't wear caps relating to Major League Baseball anymore (the only exception being the Philadelphia A's cap that I got during my trip down there).  But, if I did, then I could imagine wearing this cap in honour of Nettles and Gossage:

yankees-padres-cap.jpg.2204d6871292809b3

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

2 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Looks like the Giants (And Angels) had some slight issue with wearing blue lettering on the Fathers Day uniforms. Gee, I wonder why...

2016-MLB-Fathers-Day-Uniforms-5901.jpg

The "Rays" haven't look this good in years. This look makes more sense for them than what they're currently wearing.

What? I'm not seeing it at all.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

2 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

And what happened to the "Sedona Red" D snake hat? Did they decide to just ditch that completely? 

It's still there, but will be used sparingly compared to the rest of the caps

That Mets Home Run Derby hat is a perfect example of how poorly suited that font is to arching.  The letters look like they were randomly stuck on the hat by a 2-year-old.

Yes, I know that effect is accentuated by the difference in the heights of the E and T, but seriously . . . ?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

49 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I will assume you were saying that in a mocking way.  But I would think that there really are plenty of such people.  The Padres' design was widely beloved; and I would imagine that there are plenty of people who would like to combine their love of their own team with their admiration of that beautiful Padres uniform.

Then there is the motivation of favourite players who played for mulitple teams. I don't wear caps relating to Major League Baseball anymore (the only exception being the Philadelphia A's cap that I got during my trip down there).  But, if I did, then I could imagine wearing this cap in honour of Nettles and Gossage:

yankees-padres-cap.jpg.2204d6871292809b3

Maybe I'm missing something, but you may be the only person I know who would consider buying that hat as an homage to former players on your favorite team.  I can safely say that it would never occur to me to buy the Orioles version as a tribute to Dick Williams.*

To be clear,this position isn't Padres specific.  I'm pretty sure I wouldn't buy a hat clearly meant to resemble any other team's hat as a honor to a former Oriole.  That is what wearing an actual hat of your favorite team is for.

* -- only former Oriole I could find on the 1984 Padres roster, though Alan Wiggins, Mark Thurmond and Terry Kennedy were future Orioles.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

27 minutes ago, insert name said:

there're soooooooooooooo many jerseys! the ASG hats look awful for other teams and the hats they're suppose to wear for the actual ASG look like crap. The Mets ASG hat don't even have their colors.

Cf8HiAoUMAAGgpk.jpg

Yeah, the Mets are wearing a Royals hat for the ASG.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

4 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Looks like the Giants (And Angels) had some slight issue with wearing blue lettering on the Fathers Day uniforms. Gee, I wonder why...

2016-MLB-Fathers-Day-Uniforms-5901.jpg

And, I guess the Brewers are wearing the throwbacks in the All Star Game? 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cf8HJKZWsAAFF2E.jpg

It's strange that they got rid of the tomahawk on all of the Braves jerseys.

Archived