MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:04 PM, kcchiefsfan said:

Well I think this is partially true. I have multiple game used jerseys: 

- Juan Nicasio Memorial Day Road 2013

- Juan Nicasio Memorial Day Purple 2014

- Aaron Cook Road 2010

- Stu Cole Throwback Road (worn against the Mets at home in 2013)

as well as the EY above, that is the only one that was kiss cut all were from the Rockies or other reputable sources and all had MLB authentication holograms as game used or game issued.

I also own multiple retail authentics from Majestic that were NOT kiss cut.

Despite all this I have multiple retail authentics I had customized by the Rockies Official customizer that were all done kiss cut. That combined with your jersey makes me think that any jerseys (prior to this season) sourced from Majestic (Retail authentics, roster players, special jerseys, etc) were NOT kiss cut while any jerseys not from majestic (Customized retail authentics, mid season call ups, replacement jerseys etc) were kiss cut.

"Well, I've always been a huge fan of Memorial Day, and my favorite player is Juan Nicasio..."

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Shumway said:

Angels and Twins are going red vs. red tonight. Ugh.

Edit: Also, Minnesota's wearing solid navy batting helmets.

It is awful.  Two teams in red with all players wearing the same number with no name on back.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

35 minutes ago, SCalderwood said:

Not sure if this was already mentioned at some point, but this is somewhat noteworthy.

The Orioles are playing their first Friday road game tonight, so it's their first time wearing black on the road this season.

In past seasons, they have always worn the "O's" black crown / orange bill with this black alternate, whether at home or on the road.

However, tonight they are wearing a black crown/black bill cap with the cartoon bird on it.  This must be a new cap in their rotation because they have never worn these in a regular season game before, at least that I can remember.

Also, somewhat of note, this has got to be the first time the Orioles have worn a cap with a black bill in a regular season game in a long time, that I can think of.  Maybe over 10 years.

I have to admit they look good.  And it gives some more variety to their look, rather than always sporting an orange bill.

And wow, the Rangers look is still a mess.  Red helmet, blue wordmark.  They could have such a great, classic look if they made some simple changes.  They should have fixed all this stuff awhile ago, it's been going on for a long time.

Just doing an image search...it looks like 2008 was the last time the O's wore an all-black hat (worn with road uniforms).

And I like the Rangers' red hat for some reason.  It's tough because they always looked good in blue.  And then, the red hat always looked better with a red wordmark on the jersey.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, SCalderwood said:

Not sure if this was already mentioned at some point, but this is somewhat noteworthy.

The Orioles are playing their first Friday road game tonight, so it's their first time wearing black on the road this season.

In past seasons, they have always worn the "O's" black crown / orange bill with this black alternate, whether at home or on the road.

However, tonight they are wearing a black crown/black bill cap with the cartoon bird on it.  This must be a new cap in their rotation because they have never worn these in a regular season game before, at least that I can remember.

Also, somewhat of note, this has got to be the first time the Orioles have worn a cap with a black bill in a regular season game in a long time, that I can think of.  Maybe over 10 years.

I have to admit they look good.  And it gives some more variety to their look, rather than always sporting an orange bill.

And wow, the Rangers look is still a mess.  Red helmet, blue wordmark.  They could have such a great, classic look if they made some simple changes.  They should have fixed all this stuff awhile ago, it's been going on for a long time.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Just doing an image search...it looks like 2008 was the last time the O's wore an all-black hat (worn with road uniforms).

And I like the Rangers' red hat for some reason.  It's tough because they always looked good in blue.  And then, the red hat always looked better with a red wordmark on the jersey.

It is their Spring Training hat, with the FL patch removed.  Orioles did wear black at home this year, as per Friday traditions home or away, but with thr O's cap at home. 

I like the O's cap, but this all black is too nice to not use, even though the  regular home and away are much better.  

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Padres shortstop has taken it upon himself to wear a navy blue long sleeve shirt under his jersey.  My eyes!  My eyes!  I hope he gets a large fine in the next kangaroo court.

6 hours ago, DiePerske said:

It is their Spring Training hat, with the FL patch removed.  Orioles did wear black at home this year, as per Friday traditions home or away, but with thr O's cap at home. 

I like the O's cap, but this all black is too nice to not use, even though the  regular home and away are much better.  

Never been a big fan of the "O's cap" (and I'm an Orioles fan), but the awkward "diamond era" treatment on this all-black Orioles cap makes it not look quite right to me.. The odd way diamond era caps invert the puff/raised embroidery from the primary elements to the outline distorts detailed logos.. The cartoon bird logo needs to be enlarged slightly, and with an ever-so-slightly thicker orange outline to the logo, in order for it to work well on the diamond era cap.. I think it would be a great look on the normal 5950's (like the primary road cap, but with a black bill)...

Also, since this is simply a case of the Orioles wearing their ST/BP cap, does anyone know if they've ever worn their previous BP cap (black crown/orange front panel/black brim) in a game? And if so, are there any images? I think it could be a good look with their black jerseys or a nice change of pace for occasional use with the orange  jerseys..

22 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

As Casey Kasem used to say: keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the Stars!

Stars.png.e674b2881ed92ed375f9f6dccf8d31

I rooted for that team during their short-lived history.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

59 minutes ago, Mitch B said:

I rooted for that team during their short-lived history.

I rooted for the Generals, especially after Flutie arrived. But I would never wear a military-related logo.  

I really admired the Stars with Fusina and Bryant; and I was present for their win in the 1985 championship game at Giants Stadium, in what turned out to be the final game in league history. Also, I really loved the Stars' colours and uniforms.

So I feel comfortable wearing that team's logo in memory of all things USFL. My newfound interest in Philadelphia, which I found after I got the hat, has added a new dimension to that hat's meaning for me.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 hour ago, TampaBayEverybodyLovesRays said:

A couple of thoughts:

2.  I do not like the Phillies' red alt.  Looks too much like spring training to me.

It might look better if they wore it with solid white pants.  Solids + pinstripes is a casual look that's better suited for... well, spring training.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ugh, six new on field caps and four jerseys for the Rays this season? I enjoy being a collector and keeping my set going, but TBTC sets were so much nicer than these simple color modifications. 

Archived