MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those 79 Pirate unis remind me of my little league dayz. We had the same black pants and yellow tops with black caps. And we sucked. Thanks  for the memories Pirates. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I'll never understand why they make those pullovers so baggy.  I get that maybe players don't want to wear them as tight as they were intended to be worn back in the 70s/80s, but at least make them the same size as the current jerseys.  They seem way bigger.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 4/16/2016 at 10:33 PM, tp49 said:

Padres shortstop has taken it upon himself to wear a navy blue long sleeve shirt under his jersey.  My eyes!  My eyes!  I hope he gets a large fine in the next kangaroo court.

All the Padres are wearing blue gear with the brown jerseys. Seems like the Padres "forgot" to order brown equipment.

50 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Because no one can see the main one out in center field?

16 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Actually its in left field and I was in section 137, so I could only see like half of it and thats if I turned my head back back to it, so the other scoreboard is nice for people who sit on the 3rd base and left field side.

Yeah the new one (your pic is the first I'm seeing it) was totally necessary. My season tics were in 242 right in front of the big board and it sucked to not have a good view of what was on the board. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, Bucs007 said:

Any Pirates player who doesn't wear their pants hiked up while wearing this uni deserves to be flogged. If you're gonna wear 70s style uniforms, do it right, or stay home. 

But then they'd have to wear these socks. 

image.jpeg

On 4/16/2016 at 11:08 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

As Casey Kasem used to say: keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the Stars!

Stars.png.e674b2881ed92ed375f9f6dccf8d31

Still owned (and sitting about 10 feet away from me in my office), but probably not worn since the 80s . . .

CIMG3023.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

17 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

13012752_10153967679622931_6261953556507

13051698_10153967678607931_8381231699712

12993423_10153967678722931_2426441855176

The hats don't look like pillboxes and Nicasio's socks add another layer of fail to the effort.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

20 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

13012752_10153967679622931_6261953556507

13051698_10153967678607931_8381231699712

12993423_10153967678722931_2426441855176

These jerseys looked bad back then and still look bad today but I guess it's a nice trip down memory lane. 

Though, I wouldn't mind seeing them try a Yellow alt Jersey (with white pants obviously) in the future. Have they ever done that?

XM4KeeA.png

On 4/16/2016 at 8:18 PM, OnWis97 said:

It is awful.  Two teams in red with all players wearing the same number with no name on back.

I ended up going to the Twins/Angels on Sunday and the Twins were wearing the reds.  I still don't like the idea of wearing the red jersey against a primarily red team. But with the Angels in gray, it was serviceable.

I really don't like the red jerseys.  They just seem so "batting practice."

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

16 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'll never understand why they make those pullovers so baggy.  I get that maybe players don't want to wear them as tight as they were intended to be worn back in the 70s/80s, but at least make them the same size as the current jerseys.  They seem way bigger.

I was just coming on here to make the same point. They look horribly uncomfortable when they're baggy like that.

A few years ago — actually, probably 10 years ago — my wife bought me a beautiful Kent Hrbek powder blue Twins double-knit made by Majestic. It's a large, but fits me — at 6 feet, 200-plus — like a dress. The v-neck dips too low, the cuffs are about twice as big as they ought to be, and tucking it in creates such a blousing effect that it looks like I'm 30 pounds heavier than I am. I like the damn thing so much that I'm considering paying someone to tailor it to fit. 

56 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I was just coming on here to make the same point. They look horribly uncomfortable when they're baggy like that.

A few years ago — actually, probably 10 years ago — my wife bought me a beautiful Kent Hrbek powder blue Twins double-knit made by Majestic. It's a large, but fits me — at 6 feet, 200-plus — like a dress. The v-neck dips too low, the cuffs are about twice as big as they ought to be, and tucking it in creates such a blousing effect that it looks like I'm 30 pounds heavier than I am. I like the damn thing so much that I'm considering paying someone to tailor it to fit. 

I'm in the exact same boat (literally.. same height and weight).. and the athletic gear is becoming ridiculous.. fan jerseys (even authentics) are being made like dresses and the sleeves go past my elbows, even with a Large.. The only recent jersey purchase i've made was a Matt Wieters Orioles jersey at Camden Yards because i'm a lifelong Orioles fan and i played against Wieters in HS, and i had to get it in a Medium... it doesn't really bother me at all, but what do small guys wear? if 6', 200 lbs is a large, then a small is probably 5'8", 175 ish... i know plenty of grown men who are 5'5", 150...  there definitely needs to be some sizing adjustments made so they correlate more appropriately to normal shirt sizes.

3 hours ago, insert name said:

These jerseys looked bad back then and still look bad today but I guess it's a nice trip down memory lane. 

Though, I wouldn't mind seeing them try a Yellow alt Jersey (with white pants obviously) in the future. Have they ever done that?

Yes and no. From 1977-79 the Bucs would occasionally wear the yellow jersey with the white gold pinstripe pants. A few years ago, the Pirates had a sharp yellow spring training/batting practice jersey, and they would wear that with white pants at Bradenton, and before games in Pittsburgh. I would like to see a regular season yellow jersey, which could be paired with either the white home pants, or gray road pants.

Archived