FiddySicks

MLB 2016 Changes

Didn't that jersey have blue buttons at some point too?

That was terrible all around.  They just look so much more professional without the white outline.  I can't say exactly why, they just do. 

That sleeve patch is stupid too.

The Marlins are wearing their grey road jerseys vs the Giants today, and I think this is probably the very first time I've ever seen them in a live game. They look surprisingly good. The white script looks really nice with the white logo on the cap. It really gives the whole set a very unique "pop". 

2 hours ago, jrodsep said:

I know it's kind of an unpopular opinion around here but I preferred the Dodgers road script with the white outline 

50152_01_lg.jpg

I'm normally a big fan of white outlines, but this didn't work and I think there's three reasons. First they felt the need to include gray/silver outline between the blue and white which was so unnecessary and so cluttering. Second, they white and gray outlines meant they had to shrink the wordmark. Third, the red number works on the Dodgers uniforms because it's the same weight as the other scripts and numbers in that all of the uniform elements have the same number of outlines. It's different, but not too different. it stands out, but everything also matches. But here on this example when you put two outlines on the script then the red number just looks like a cheap, wrongly colored number that the team didn't feel like properly outlining. 

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

Royals in gold again tonight. I like it.

image.jpeg

I like the jersey, but hate the hat! The gold totally ruins the hat.

13 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Royals in gold again tonight. I like it.

image.jpeg

Did they use the alternate batting helmet stickers again?

The Royals will be wearing the gold Ring Ceremony uniforms every Friday home game, according to the broadcasters the other day.

8 hours ago, Bmac said:

The Royals will be wearing the gold Ring Ceremony uniforms every Friday home game, according to the broadcasters the other day.

This better not become a trend amongst teams that win championships. Having gold trim on the uniform on Opening Day to celebrate a title is one thing. Creating a whole new alternate uniform is another. This is, frankly, a bit obnoxious.

38 minutes ago, kroywen said:

This better not become a trend amongst teams that win championships. Having gold trim on the uniform on Opening Day to celebrate a title is one thing. Creating a whole new alternate uniform is another. This is, frankly, a bit obnoxious.

Since gold works with their color scheme and team name, I'd argue that something like this should be their uniform anyway, so in this one case it's fine.  The question that I would have is what happens if the team falls flat for some unexpected reason and is 20 games out of the WC hunt by July - once you're eliminated, do you keep wearing your "champs" jersey?  Guess we'll know then if it's just a celebratory jersey or a true alt.

3 hours ago, kroywen said:

It already is a trend in the MLB and nba 

On 4/22/2016 at 4:54 AM, Thomas said:

Maybe belong in the unpopular thread, but a royal blue Dodgers jersey would be pretty sweet.

Without the AZ and a LA on the other sleeve, looks pretty good !   

dodgers-spring-training-2016-jerseys.0.j

Couldn't agree more about the Dodgers having an alternate blue jersey, they already experimented with one when Kevin Brown pitched for LA. It was sharp, with silver accents, I don't recall whether an alternate hat was worn as well. Unfortunately, they jettisoned that jersey after having a disappointing season.

7 minutes ago, Gold Pinstripes said:

Couldn't agree more about the Dodgers having an alternate blue jersey, they already experimented with one when Kevin Brown pitched for LA. It was sharp, with silver accents, I don't recall whether an alternate hat was worn as well. Unfortunately, they jettisoned that jersey after having a disappointing season.

Yeah, a lot of folks didn't like it because they added silver. Keeping it blue and white (and a red number) will please most fans imo. 

8 hours ago, kroywen said:

They already wearing the championship patch throughout the entire season,

5 minutes ago, insert name said:

They already wearing the championship patch throughout the entire season,

Again, obnoxious and pointless. And will really look stupid if they're sitting 10 games out of first at the trade deadline, while still toting around "World Champions" patches.

On 4/23/2016 at 10:31 PM, Bucfan56 said:

The Marlins are wearing their grey road jerseys vs the Giants today, and I think this is probably the very first time I've ever seen them in a live game. They look surprisingly good. The white script looks really nice with the white logo on the cap. It really gives the whole set a very unique "pop". 

The grey roads are actually my favorite jersey of that entire set. Not that that's saying much, given that I think the Marlins' rebrand in 2012 was rather awful, but the grey jersey is actually decent looking. The white script is a unique touch without going overboard.

8 minutes ago, kroywen said:

Again, obnoxious and pointless. And will really look stupid if they're sitting 10 games out of first at the trade deadline, while still toting around "World Champions" patches.

How is it stupid? The Royals are world champions until someone knocks them off the throne, doesn't matter if they're good or not the year after.

Sorry the Royals don't have the prestige the Yankees have, when the Royals win the WS it's a big deal, so why not celebrate with a patch. Not everyone has 27 World Series championships to throw in the face of other teams fans.

Good thing there are some NBA and NHL playoffs games on tonight. The Astros wearing their spring training look on National TV are making this game look like AA ball... Am I the only one thinking their orange hats paired with navy jerseys are looking like absolute garbage?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves the Dodgers 'Los Angeles' road jerseys.  It's a real shame that they're phasing them out in favor of the inferior 'Dodgers' version.  At this point they're basically just an alternate that they wear a handful of times a year.  I wish Dodger management could see the mistake they're making and return to wearing them again as the primary.

2 hours ago, jp1409 said:

Good thing there are some NBA and NHL playoffs games on tonight. The Astros wearing their spring training look on National TV are making this game look like AA ball... Am I the only one thinking their orange hats paired with navy jerseys are looking like absolute garbage?

Nope.  Wearing light colored caps with dark jerseys is one of the cardinal sins of baseball uniform aesthetics.

On 23/4/2016 at 11:44 AM, dsaline97 said:

Did they use the alternate batting helmet stickers again?

they did, a nice touch.

Wish more teams would do this, switch out the stickers when they wear alt jerseys. Or, you know, have a third or fourth helmet.

That said, huge fan of the home O's helmet with the blacks.