MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/23/2016 at 1:08 PM, BlazerBlaze said:

Didn't want to start a new thread just for this but something of note from the new Brave's ballpark construction. The large script A which will go up over right field was installed yesterday. As you see below it's navy with a single red outline. This styling has only been used for the 68-71 away jersey before now. Maybe a sign of things to come?

13510937_1137189873007154_57003842592317

Facebook

Saw this on twitter. Not a mustache, or navy. It's an LED. Sorry for the false alarm.

ClmjLe2VAAAQL9r.jpg

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

?? LOL,  Would that not mean they would be back to regular grey

Probably not by a shade. The gray most teams use is pretty light. I put the 2 shades just in case. Somewhere in between Arizona's gray and the normal away gray could be an okay look. 

1 hour ago, Packid said:

Seems like all the special event caps this year have had gray undervisors.  I wonder if they're considering a change back,

Also ST has grey lining. 

It wouldn't surprise me, but i also thought they were going DE for all caps, because of the same, but i was proven wrong. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Interesting look on the Giants 4th of July uniforms. Did they shrink the memorial patches on the right sleeve to fit them above the flag? I know they sat on top of each other previously.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Interesting look on the Giants 4th of July uniforms. Did they shrink the memorial patches on the right sleeve to fit them above the flag? I know they sat on top of each other previously.

I don't think they are shrunk down, just set side-by-side rather than stacked. Maybe the size of the flag makes them seem small?

2 hours ago, Bill81361 said:

This Friday's version --

ff_2496954alt2_full.jpg&w=400

An authentic 1966 --

img_0104.jpg?w=555&h=555

Not too bad, though there are obviously a few differences (e.g., width of the outline, shape of the left side of the head, shape of the bill on the bird's cap).

Replicating the old bird is not easy when there were so many variations from 1966-1988.

http://cartoonbird.mlblogs.com/

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

21 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I thought this was pretty cool. The White Sox wore their throwback '83 helmets with their 4th of July unis today.

CmjIz_gUkAAdIvH.jpg

Coming from a Cubs fan...this probably doesn't mean much, but I really liked the Sox look yesterday.   I never really thought about the current Sox logo matching with the old "Batterman" color scheme.  It's a pretty good look.

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

6 hours ago, leopard88 said:

This Friday's version --

ff_2496954alt2_full.jpg&w=400

An authentic 1966 --

img_0104.jpg?w=555&h=555

Not too bad, though there are obviously a few differences (e.g., width of the outline, shape of the left side of the head, shape of the bill on the bird's cap).

Replicating the old bird is not easy when there were so many variations from 1966-1988.

http://cartoonbird.mlblogs.com/

Will be stunned if no player wears the wrong hat...

1 hour ago, ltjets21 said:

Will be stunned if no player wears the wrong hat...

Not too stunning, considering the only hat they could mix it up with is the Friday O's hat, because the current one that looks similar is road only. As such, i doubt it would be in the clubhouse to screw up. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

11 hours ago, mightyduck said:

Coming from a Cubs fan...this probably doesn't mean much, but I really liked the Sox look yesterday.   I never really thought about the current Sox logo matching with the old "Batterman" color scheme.  It's a pretty good look.

It's sort of a cross between these two uniforms.  Just replace the black with navy blue in the earlier set . . .

. . . and yes, I know the red and black/navy are reversed relative to the 50s set. 

al_1956_chicago.gif  al_1971_chicago.gif

8 hours ago, Bill81361 said:

The Orioles are also wearing the '66 anniversary patch for their series in L.A.CmpOuIaUsAAguQh.jpg

I saw that last night.  I can't figure out why the patch is placed so low on the sleeve.

. . . especially compared to the patch on the other sleeve (and I don't think the Majestic logo is the only reason the other patch is placed higher).

MannMachado.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived