MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I would assume the normal gray road still. They're not gonna be the only team in color.

Even the Marlins wore gray in the ASG a few years ago when they wore a colored jersey for literally every road game that year.

13 hours ago, leopard88 said:

I saw that last night.  I can't figure out why the patch is placed so low on the sleeve.

. . . especially compared to the patch on the other sleeve (and I don't think the Majestic logo is the only reason the other patch is placed higher).

MannMachado.png

The only thing I can figure is it was a rush job adding the patch.  I noticed one of the players last night had a patch that partially overlapped the stripe on the right sleeve.  

11 hours ago, Bill81361 said:

The only thing I can figure is it was a rush job adding the patch.  I noticed one of the players last night had a patch that partially overlapped the stripe on the right sleeve.  

That was my thought too.  Yesterday (Wednesday), they looked higher on the sleeve.

Manny Machado on Tuesday . . . 

411Orioles%20Dodgers%20Baseball.JPEG

Manny Machado on Wednesday . . . 

mark-trumbo-of-the-baltimore-orioles-rea

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

16 hours ago, daveindc said:

CmtmWjYUcAABWnF.jpg:large

Love these.

I was at the game yesterday and saw these.  Loved the Reds look.  It was pretty cool that they gave away the replica version as the giveaway when entering Wrigley.  They were all size XL, but cool nonetheless. 

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

Son of a whore.  I had quotes and things written from the past twenty pages as I caught up on this thread, and it all just deleted itself.  That's discouraging.  Still, we finally finished the deck we've been working on every day for the last month, so it's good to be back.

mtatmt.jpg

Just gonna say then that the Indians' block C is bland and red and navy blend too much to be readable.  The one good thing from the stupid outlines on the Spring Training caps is showing us how much better the logo looks with a white outline.

2016-Spring-Training-cap.jpg

Dark numbers/wordmark on gray look bland and should never be done again.  Everyone either has a light number on their homes or some accent.  The Yankees should never look back.

As for a view outside the ballpark, you need something.  For the person who listed a bunch of ballparks without anything, the only one that holds weight is Kansas City, which has a lot of uniqueness in the outfield to make up for it.

Dodger Stadium has the beautiful rolling hills that scream LA with the Think Blue sign in the outfield.

Dodger_Stadium.jpg

Fenway has the Citgo sign, skyline, and neighborhood around it.

20120413_MI_FenwayHighHome.jpg

The original Yankee Stadium had the Bronx Courthouse and other buildings outside that could be seen.  One of the things that pains me the most about the trip across the street was the loss of the courthouse, which was such an important part of the park's skyline.

yankee-stadium.jpg

And the new Stadium has a number of buildings outside, including an expanded glimpse of the 4-Train tracks.

yank10954.jpg

These buildings give it a sense of being an urban ballpark, the sense of being in the city, which fits New York.  I was afraid moving into the new park that the greatly increased size and the more open area around the scoreboards would create too open an atmosphere (I was never a fan of Shea's wide-open feel, but the taller scoreboard gave it a very cozy and intimate feeling.

It's the lack of these buildings that I feel is one of the few failings of Citi Field.  The chop shops you could see from Shea may have felt like a blight to some people, but from the distance of the ballpark, they just looked like buildings.  I kinda wish they'd done some of the revitalization that was planned, or built some buildings out there as part of the ballpark complex similar to some of the Oakland concepts.  With nothing out there, it looks like a ballpark from a cheap video game where they didn't want to include anything outside to save time.  They built the outer area up enough to block out the chop shops, but not up enough to keep from just having huge gaps of empty blue sky.

citifield.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

Oh!  I forgot the most important part, the thing which I haven't seen discussed anywhere else.  According to the graphic that shows all the stars and stripes uniforms, every team wore the flag on their sleeves except for one.  No, it wasn't the Blue Jays, who wore the American flag on one sleeve and the Canadian on the other.  It was the Texas Rangers.  They did not wear the flag on their sleeve, with the only sleeve patch being their usual patch: the Texas flag.  This seems to be a rather unpleasant symbolic gesture.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I love this year's All-Star uniforms. They're just so delightfully tacky. But I also really like the Marlins' uniforms too, so take that for what it's worth.

Edit: I just realized I quoted an old Hooters ad in this post. Lol.

ClAFLDa.png

I'm also a fan of the BP jerseys. The hats too, for the derby .

The ASG hats can go die in a fire though. Ignoring that they should be the normal hats, they're just horrific. Last year was good, year before even better, but this year horrible  

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

8 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Oh!  I forgot the most important part, the thing which I haven't seen discussed anywhere else.  According to the graphic that shows all the stars and stripes uniforms, every team wore the flag on their sleeves except for one.  No, it wasn't the Blue Jays, who wore the American flag on one sleeve and the Canadian on the other.  It was the Texas Rangers.  They did not wear the flag on their sleeve, with the only sleeve patch being their usual patch: the Texas flag.  This seems to be a rather unpleasant symbolic gesture.

#texit

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Cm23VbXVYAEUEgK.jpgCm23VbXUEAA4BS1.jpg

Unused Padres prototype from 1985. That friar sleeve patch is interesting, but I'm thankful they didn't go this direction. Orange pinstripes on grey? Yuck. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

7 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Cm23VbXVYAEUEgK.jpgCm23VbXUEAA4BS1.jpg

Unused Padres prototype from 1985. That friar sleeve patch is interesting, but I'm thankful they didn't go this direction. Orange pinstripes on grey? Yuck. 

It's so ridiculously ugly that I kinda like it. Does that make sense?

It's interesting to see yellow remaining as an accent color in the logo and the racing stripes, and that friar logo is a curious attempt at a more aggressive/serious logo than the previous/successive "Swinging Friar" logos. The pullover style and racing stripes are also strange to see, given that the team shirked them for button-fronts in 1984 and that teams were starting to shy away from new racing stripe uniforms (aside from the Indians from 1989-1993 and the Tigers in 1994). I'm glad they never adopted these uniforms, but I wish they had come up with something that wasn't the 1985-90 uniform set.

6 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Todd Radom just tweeted a closeup of the prototype's sleeve outside of the glass display case.

Could it be that the Pads will be *wearing* these prototypes soon?!

I doubt it. He's got access to these museum pieces (heck, he even tweeted out a black-and-white version of that friar logo about a year or two ago).

16 hours ago, DiePerske said:

I'm also a fan of the BP jerseys. The hats too, for the derby .

The ASG hats can go die in a fire though. Ignoring that they should be the normal hats, they're just horrific. Last year was good, year before even better, but this year horrible  

I feel like nobody liked the last couple ASG caps but me. I still wear my Rays one (luckily without the ASG patch) to most games I attend. I'm still on the fence about the Cincinnati ASG cap for Tampa Bay, but only because of the gray front panel. The design was beautiful. I agree that they should be wearing their regular caps, but if they must wear a one-off, both Minnesota's and Cincy's were pretty good. This year, though... that's a different story.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Archived