MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Yes, the heat at night can be uncomfortable, but it is mainly for the summer thunderstorms.  They are not like ones elsewhere where they come with fronts and can be predicted.  Get off your high horse and calm down.

Florida summer storms can pop up whenever and wherever and go any direction.  The retractable roof is also there to allow grass to grow as grass is the preferred surface for health and injury prevention of players.

I certainly will not ! :lol:

Anyway, Indoor baseball is awful, but i guess that is not why there hardly is any spectators at Marlin games.

13 hours ago, dont care said:

So why are the Rangers now getting a roofed stadium?

Oh no ! i hope they don't . :mad::(:unsure:

Sunshine, shadows and wind makes baseball great, not the dull lifeless experience of indoor play.

Everyone is turning into wussies these days, can´t handle anything. Not even the weather :( 

21 hours ago, insert name said:

How much longer are they gonna be known as the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim? It's silly and when you think about it, redundant. They should just go back and leave it as the Anaheim Angels,

No, "Los Angeles Angels" is better.  And they seem to have quietly made it official:

angels2.png

angels1.png

angels3.png

angels4.png

15 hours ago, daveindc said:

Arizona+Diamondbacks+v+Los+Angeles+Dodge0731_SPO_LDN-L-DODGERS-DBACKS-DC-12-XL.j

DFV1607172499_Dodgers_at_Diamondbacks.jp

I love Gosewisch's gear. DBacks can do a lot better incorporating the teal with Sedona red. 

They'd look a lot better overall if that was the teal they went with.  That's a nice, darker, saturated hue rather than the light, washed out one they wear on the uniforms now.

14 hours ago, Thomas said:

Oh no ! i hope they don't . :mad::(:unsure:

Sunshine, shadows and wind makes baseball great, not the dull lifeless experience of indoor play.

Everyone is turning into wussies these days, can´t handle anything. Not even the weather :( 

You don't know how happy I am the Yankees and Mets went for real baseball venues and not for these monstrosities:

newyankee.jpg

newmet.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

11 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

They'd look a lot better overall if that was the teal they went with.  That's a nice, darker, saturated hue rather than the light, washed out one they wear on the uniforms now.

You don't know how happy I am the Yankees and Mets went for real baseball venues and not for these monstrosities:

newmet.jpg

Damn that is ugly, looks like some sort of automatic toilet !

On August 3, 2016 at 7:34 AM, jp1409 said:

Marlins don't have a meteorologist consultant. Instead, three team executives monitor weather forecasts on APPs.
15:04 - 6 avr. 2015

Who in the right mind would pay some to tell them if it's going to rain when you have apps for that?  Hell, even some meteorologists probably admit to throwing Stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. 

You ou don't like loria? Cool, great even. This isn't an argument to make. 

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

On August 3, 2016 at 0:36 PM, Thomas said:

certain temp ? What about Ranger games in Texas, they have sold out arena even it´s 120

Sounds like some pansies in Florida , can´t handle rain, can't handle heat, :lol:

Nah, we just got Latinas like pidgeys at all the strip clubs and the beach if we want to burn. 

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

2 hours ago, tubby34 said:

Who in the right mind would pay some to tell them if it's going to rain when you have apps for that?  Hell, even some meteorologists probably admit to throwing Stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. 

You ou don't like loria? Cool, great even. This isn't an argument to make. 

Pretty much every other teams who don't play in a dome? I get the fact that a snackbar owner might use an app to decide whether or not it's worth it to install the umbrellas on the patio but a multi millions dollars business owner? I'm sure fans would love to see some more outdoor ball there (a lot of posters here pointed that out) and the Marlins don't bother. I went to a game against the Nationals (a heck of a team and a division rival) in May on a perfect night and the roof was closed. I could honestly have counted every single person in the stadium and I don't think I would have needed more than fifteen minutes. I get the people who decided it was not worth it on such a beautiful night to go lock themselves in but I was only there for the week and it was the only night I could go. These guys need to try to find some ways to put people in the seats (I'm not talking about male cheerleaders, they already have that) and opening the roof around 78-80 degrees might be a good start.

12 hours ago, jp1409 said:

Pretty much every other teams who don't play in a dome? I get the fact that a snackbar owner might use an app to decide whether or not it's worth it to install the umbrellas on the patio but a multi millions dollars business owner? I'm sure fans would love to see some more outdoor ball there (a lot of posters here pointed that out) and the Marlins don't bother. I went to a game against the Nationals (a heck of a team and a division rival) in May on a perfect night and the roof was closed. I could honestly have counted every single person in the stadium and I don't think I would have needed more than fifteen minutes. I get the people who decided it was not worth it on such a beautiful night to go lock themselves in but I was only there for the week and it was the only night I could go. These guys need to try to find some ways to put people in the seats (I'm not talking about male cheerleaders, they already have that) and opening the roof around 78-80 degrees might be a good start.

As a Marlins fan since their inception I can tell you that opening the roof will not be what brings more fans. I'm not getting into the debate about why our attendance is so low because that's an entirely different conversation but leaving the roof open more isn't what it's gonna take. Also, not just you but all the recent talk about Florida fans being pansies for not wanting to sit in the heat for an outdoor game? That's ridiculous and a bit of an extreme view to take. I understand the attendance for Rangers games is way about ours but go to one of those near-100 degree Texas day games and poll all the fans and let me know how many of them wouldn't take a retractable roof with the AC pumping over sitting in that heat. I understand the difference in aesthetics but the comfort level for the fans is of importance as well.

Edit: Just looked back through the thread again and while others have similar opinions there's only one user calling fans wussies and pansies for enjoying an indoor ballgame so just wanted to clarify who I'm specifically speaking about here.

52 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

As a Marlins fan since their inception I can tell you that opening the roof will not be what brings more fans. I'm not getting into the debate about why our attendance is so low because that's an entirely different conversation but leaving the roof open more isn't what it's gonna take. Also, not just you but all the recent talk about Florida fans being pansies for not wanting to sit in the heat for an outdoor game? That's ridiculous and a bit of an extreme view to take. I understand the attendance for Rangers games is way about ours but go to one of those near-100 degree Texas day games and poll all the fans and let me know how many of them wouldn't take a retractable roof with the AC pumping over sitting in that heat. I understand the difference in aesthetics but the comfort level for the fans is of importance as well.

Edit: Just looked back through the thread again and while others have similar opinions there's only one user calling fans wussies and pansies for enjoying an indoor ballgame so just wanted to clarify who I'm specifically speaking about here.

I haven't said you guys are pansies, I've said I understand why a huge part of fans in south Florida don't want to go sit indoor on a beautiful 78-80 Florida night. I don't like it either but I don't have much choice since I'm normally there for only one week during the spring. I was pointing out the fact that the Marlins not bothering using professional weather advise and always leaving the roof close just in case it rains is totally ridiculous.

Archived