MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

19 hours ago, TVIXX said:

The Brewers golds are back

18 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

JesseGas2.gif

Metallic colors don't translate well to doubleknit/coolbase fabric. The "shimmer" material wouldn't work either, as it's super fragile and wouldn't survive a base slide (which is why NHL teams have dumped the metallic fabrics on their jerseys).

I must be in the minority here, but I always liked the mustardy Brewers jerseys.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/13/2016 at 8:26 PM, TVIXX said:

The Brewers golds are back

Actually, they're not.  Those were the "Cerveceros" jerseys they usually only wear 1 or 2 times per year.  The gold "Brewers" jerseys are still gone.  Also note the Reds wore "Los Rojos" jerseys that night.

The Reds wore their red LOS REDS jerseys against the Brewers this weekend and to my knowledge is the first they've worn a red shirt on the road in a regular season game. Other than it being the silly Los Reds jersey I didn't hate the look of the red shirts with the gray pants. Would be fun to mix up a road game with the red alternate every once in a while.

As it is now they wear their road grays for ~81 games a year, which means that it's their most frequently used jersey when home games are split between white and red. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 hours ago, jp1409 said:

I knew this Stance deal would turn uniforms into a cluster:censored:...

The A's and Pirates didn't need Stance for that.  This is why I can't stand the modern day MLB,  teams wearing the wrong socks but Yasiel Puig can't wear cleats honoring Vin Scully because the shoes contain too much red? Are you kidding me MLB.  

I'm all for the #MakeBaseballFunAgain movement but each player wearing whatever socks they choose reeks of a "look at me" moment. I went 0 for 4 but damn my socks are ...

I don't know what I hate more, off-white throwbacks (Mariners,  Phillies, Cardinals) or the I'm going to wear whatever socks I damn well choose

aHR0cDovL2NvbnRlbnQuY2xlYXJjaGFubmVsLmNv

Thank you Mr. Taylor

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

The other problem I have with Stance socks is when they're worn they're stretched and the colors are distorted. the all star game socks looked awful for this reason. Hernandez's stripes are white, but then he puts them on and they turn gray. That's not good. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

5 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Has anyone else noticed the rangers are starting to use their red hats/socks/undershirts with the home Whites a lot more than they have in years past?

They've been doing it a lot for the past couple of years. I guess they're doing it to blend the colors, but it just looks mismatched. 

usa-today-9252621.0.jpg

I feel that the red cap, socks, shirt etc with the home white was an idea that came up after the new set was revealed. I don't think it was initially planned that way. I always thought that the smartest thing to do is to just have a home alt to match it. I would have welcomed a home vest for the Rangers again. 

Go A's!

On 8/17/2016 at 1:10 AM, daveindc said:

They've been doing it a lot for the past couple of years. I guess they're doing it to blend the colors, but it just looks mismatched. 

It is absolutely mismatched, even distracting.  If they're going to wear red caps and socks, they need to do it like they did in the 90s.

oct-1996-juan-gonzalez-of-the-texas-rang

1 hour ago, Jungle Jim said:

It is absolutely mismatched, even distracting.  If they're going to wear red caps and socks, they need to do it like they did in the 90s.

those look exactly angels uniforms to me, while i don't like when they wear the red accessories, having them with the red uniforms makes them look like one of their biggest rivals, which should be avoided.

Just now, dont care said:

those look exactly angels uniforms to me, while i don't like when they wear the red accessories, having them with the red uniforms makes them look like one of their biggest rivals, which should be avoided.

Having grown up in the 1990s,  I've always prefered the Rangers with red being the dominant color and feel as though the Pudge Rodriguez/Juan Gonzalez era uniforms were the best they've looked aesthetically

The Angels need to simply return to their 80s uniforms because I'm sure I'm the only one who would welcome the periwinkle Disney uniforms back

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

13 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

They need to bring back the RANGERS wordmark. I'm tired of seeing TEXAS all the time.

XM4KeeA.png

In a vacuum that was a great look for them, but I always thought it infringed a bit on the Angels, even before the Angels switched to red caps. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The points about the Angels are well-taken.  Perhaps the best solution for the Rangers would be to avoid the red caps, socks, and sleeves, and stick with blue head-to-toe.  Regardless, the mismatch looks awful.

In general,  I like uniformity of color throughout the cap, sleeves, socks, numbers, and lettering.  It's the reason I don't like the Cardinals' navy caps.  I know they have a history, but they look out of place with all the red on the uniforms.

Archived