MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

1 minute ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I didn't notice until after Game 3 between the Blue Jays and Rangers, but TBS seems to have specialty seal/token logos for each team.  Has TBS been doing this for all of their baseball coverage, or just the playoffs?  I wouldn't mind seeing a gallery of the entire league.

I think just the playoffs.  The seals for Toronto and Texas were great.   

TNT and TBS constantly have great logo presentations.   

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I think just the playoffs.  The seals for Toronto and Texas were great.   

TNT and TBS constantly have great logo presentations.   

Too bad everything else they do kinda sucks. They have horrible audio.

XM4KeeA.png

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah.  I literally just switched the picture of the NL Central pennant to the trophy on the signature images on my computer when I looked up to see a guy holding that thing and wondered to myself what it was.  Was it a special executive award.

Jeez, that is an awkward monstrosity.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 1/10/2016 at 7:06 AM, aawagner011 said:

Not news but...I went to tonight's Braves game for one of the last games at Turner Field. They had an authentic game worn, signed, etc clearance area where they were ditching their old stuff. Pretty great prices. Picked up an awesome Atlanta Black Crackers game worn throwback for $50, #58. Not sure which year or who wore it. I also scored a NWT Gordon Beckham Flex Base (this year's new Majestic template) autographed away jersey for $75. Pretty sure it was just leftovers unused before he was traded. Not super keen on Beckham or it being signed, I just always liked the away jerseys.

2145i7n.jpg

LOL, there is another famous beckham who once wore 7 

On October 22, 2016 at 11:09 PM, insert name said:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that noticed. IMG_3081.JPG

IMG_3087.PNG

Isn't the special thing about that trophy supposed to be that it changes hands every year? Like the stanley cup. Is there any explanation for this?

14 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

Isn't the special thing about that trophy supposed to be that it changes hands every year? Like the stanley cup. Is there any explanation for this?

It's a holdover from when the leagues were truly separate with their own traditions.  The Giles Trophy is a traveling trophy, while the American League makes a new Harridge Trophy each year for the pennant winners.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

It's a holdover from when the leagues were truly separate with their own traditions.  The Giles Trophy is a traveling trophy, while the American League makes a new Harridge Trophy each year for the pennant winners.

Exactly, so is there any explanation for the new trophy?

3 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

Exactly, so is there any explanation for the new trophy?

Considering there was no talk about a new trophy being debuted, the cynic in me is wondering if the old trophy broke, and they tried to hastily assemble a trophy in its place. Though why they wouldn't just replicate the old design in that case is beyond me. The new trophy looks just as (if not more) detailed.

We'll have to wait a year, but it'll be interesting to see if the old trophy makes a return next year. I doubt it, but it's pretty bizarre that absolutely no mention was made of a new trophy by MLB.

Archived