MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Battleship gray is used extensively throughout Microsoft Windows...

It looks like this...

Given there are already gray road uniforms, seems like this would be an odd color to use on a home jersey, or as any part of a team's identity.

It looks like this...

Given there are already gray road uniforms, seems like this would be an odd color to use on a home jersey, or as any part of a team's identity.

That looks lighter than the gray used in the All Star Game logo.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Padres are adding a color they're calling "battleship grey." I doubt they're getting away from the "Team of the Military" idea.

they might just be getting really into boardgames

If so, they'll soon be announcing they've signed Milton Bradley.

5xm3h.png

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

It looks like this...

I spent way too much time trying to click on that text thinking it was a link.

Could it be the Braves?? I have been told by manny friends of mine that at the games recently attended, in the team store all stuff was clearance. Hats and jerseys......just saying.

Sounds like an end-of-season sale. I doubt they'd have a rebrand in the final year of the stadium, especially when Turner Field is so current-logo heavy.

I've been to a few games towards the end of the season the last few years, and I've never seen 70% off everything in the stores. It has to be one of three reasons, listed in order of my belief:

1. It was merely a bit of a "Sorry that 2015 sucked, thanks for coming out to a game this season" move.

2. They're trying to unload a bunch of merchandise at the stadium between now and the end of the 2016 season so that they don't have to move as much stuff over to the new ballpark.

3. Maybe there is some sort of uniform/logo change in the works.

The Padres are adding a color they're calling "battleship grey." I doubt they're getting away from the "Team of the Military" idea.

I'm so sick of the Padres ignoring their mascot and trying to tie into anything but... sand, waves, military, etc. One of the biggest fails in design. Embrace the mascot or change the name.

While this apparent navy, athletic gold and battleship gray are a definite improvement over navy, a tiny touch of random sand, and nothing, it is still not brown and athletic gold. I don't understand it at all, but then again what do I know. I don't live anywhere near San Diego and I root for the BFBS Reds, but I just wish the Padres would go back to their roots. I suppose they'll probably unveil a brown alternate for Friday nights, or some other occasion, but that still doesn't cut it for me. Meh.

While this apparent navy, athletic gold and battleship gray are a definite improvement over navy, a tiny touch of random sand, and nothing, it is still not brown and athletic gold. I don't understand it at all, but then again what do I know. I don't live anywhere near San Diego and I root for the BFBS Reds, but I just wish the Padres would go back to their roots. I suppose they'll probably unveil a brown alternate for Friday nights, or some other occasion, but that still doesn't cut it for me. Meh.

I don't think that anyone has asked this yet: Will there be a "Battleship Gray" road uniform?

Anubis.png

I'm so sick of the Padres ignoring their mascot and trying to tie into anything but... sand, waves, military, etc. One of the biggest fails in design. Embrace the mascot or change the name.

If it makes you feel better, Franciscan monks did wear grey. And blue.

If it makes you feel better, Franciscan monks did wear grey. And blue.

I know, I was surprised to find that out a few year back. But, how about say it's Franciscan monk grey? I get the whole try to tie into the military in San Diego, but it seems the team goes out of their way to have as little as possible to do with their actual mascot. Kind of a cop out. Again, if you don't like the mascot, change it to something you want to embrace.

By the way, this was a grey/yellow mock up I did back when I did found out that the friars in San Diego wore grey robes.

padresgrey.jpg

Archived