FiddySicks

MLB 2016 Changes

Any news as to who the other rebranding team is?

It will probably be a team no one considers.

Watch it be the Dodgers with a pinstriped alternate.

No. But you're in the ballpark. . . to turn a phrase.

Hmmm. Ballpark . . . ? Ball park . . . ?

The Reds . . . as in Great American Ballpark?

With my luck, the Reds will introduce a new urban urban camo alternate jersey that features liberal amounts of black (and black drop shadow, but sometimes white drop shadow). It will look like a fashion jersey, but it will really be useful to hide players amidst the rubble that will be their roster this year. In fact, they might just call it their "Smoking Rubble Camo Alt."

I don't think that's it. The way I read it, Cincinnati is not "in the ballpark (close proximity)" of the Dodgers.

Angels.

I'm starting to doubt the Padres will be changing their uniforms as Andy Green the new manager was introduced with their current jersey. It's been rumored for years now that they would change but they have kept the same for years...

It's just a minor change, the addition of gold to the home, road looks the same.

Son of a bitch. What a piece of crap organization the Padres is. They're doing their THIRD half-assed partial rebrand from the 2004 set. And once again, they're entirely leaving one of their colors off of the road jersey just because. If they're using yellow, and they shouldn't, they need to switch to one (1) hat with a yellow logo, and put a yellow outline on the road jerseys, as well.

It's infuriating that the Padres keep 1) putting out random crap uniforms; and 2) kicking the can down the road before changing to brown like everybody wants. But at least this disastrous half-assed rebrand will last under five years before they decide to make some other inane change like throwing in red for some reason.

I was holding out hope that the "other team" was the Diamondbacks or Rays (in that order), but from what's been posted, looks like that hope is going to have to extend another season. :(

I could be okay with the Angels, depending on what those changes are. Hopefully not a scrap-fest from top to bottom; they're only a navy cap away from nailing it.

Also, regarding the Padres, I'd really like to sit in these meetings that lead to these rebrands. I actually "get" this current set they have and like it for what it is, but I don't really get why they suddenly feel yellow trim in the home is so needed now. Like, what was the market research that went into that, if any? What was the tipping point that made the organization say "let's go for it?" Such a random change just makes no sense to me. More merch to sell, I guess? I dunno.

I'm starting to doubt the Padres will be changing their uniforms as Andy Green the new manager was introduced with their current jersey. It's been rumored for years now that they would change but they have kept the same for years...

It's just a minor change, the addition of gold to the home, road looks the same.

Son of a bitch. What a piece of crap organization the Padres is. They're doing their THIRD half-assed partial rebrand from the 2004 set. And once again, they're entirely leaving one of their colors off of the road jersey just because. If they're using yellow, and they shouldn't, they need to switch to one (1) hat with a yellow logo, and put a yellow outline on the road jerseys, as well.

It's infuriating that the Padres keep 1) putting out random crap uniforms; and 2) kicking the can down the road before changing to brown like everybody wants. But at least this disastrous half-assed rebrand will last under five years before they decide to make some other inane change like throwing in red for some reason.

It would truly piss me off if it was anyone but the Padres, but they're such a useless organization anyway, what's even the point in getting upset? OF COURSE this is what the Padres are gonna do. Somehow, inexplicably, current ownership is even WORSE with these decisions (and from the looks of it, with on field choices, too) than prior ownership. That's actually impressive.

I mean, I'm a White Sox fan and the Sox have had plenty of head scratching decisions, both with personnel and sartorially (changing patch on the road jersey and going with piping on the pants just because). But I don't think any other team is close to the all-around ineptitude of the Padres. They're basically what the Jacksonville Jaguars will be in 20 years if they still exist.

It's disappointing that the Padres aren't changing their road jersey much but at the same time, who cares about the road jersey?

A Padres jersey that looks like that Cal jersey is 1000x better than what they have now. If they can pair it with a nice alt jersey, I'd say they've pulled themselves out of the uniform ghetto. But then, I don't really care about them bringing back the brown.

Also, they've changed owners twice since 2009. That's why they keep changing the uniform. Why Moorad put out such a half-assed new jersey in 2012, I don't know but in my mind, it exists in the same category as the monochrome home jersey they wore from 99-03.

I don't like the sound of "fauxback." That sounds like it's going to be crap. The only tolerable fauxback would be the current logos in brown and yellow, and that would just highlight how awful the current/new stuff is.

Also, is it just the Padres and one other team changing? Are there more?

I'd expect them to be revealed in the next six weeks so they can get holiday sales.

It's disappointing that the Padres aren't changing their road jersey much but at the same time, who cares about the road jersey?

A Padres jersey that looks like that Cal jersey is 1000x better than what they have now. If they can pair it with a nice alt jersey, I'd say they've pulled themselves out of the uniform ghetto. But then, I don't really care about them bringing back the brown.

Also, they've changed owners twice since 2009. That's why they keep changing the uniform. Why Moorad put out such a half-assed new jersey in 2012, I don't know but in my mind, it exists in the same category as the monochrome home jersey they wore from 99-03.

They will par it with some new Alts. New digicamo and a new fauxback.

Are they losing their navy alternate from this year?

So they're introducing a new home jersey, a new camo and a fauxback but keeping the same road and alt jersey?

That does seem a little strange.

I don't like the sound of "fauxback." That sounds like it's going to be crap. The only tolerable fauxback would be the current logos in brown and yellow, and that would just highlight how awful the current/new stuff is.

Also, is it just the Padres and one other team changing? Are there more?

Then it might be tolerable.

A second team is also changing (FinsUp might be happy) but that will cause this forum to be very divided.

Ah, interesting! This leaves me wondering whether it's Arizona, Tampa Bay, or the Angels still, but either way I'm glad to know I might be happy with whoever it is :D

So "Los Angeles" on the road uniforms?

Based on that last comment and the "same ballpark" comment it HAS to be Arizona. They are in the same division and are relatively close geographically to the Dodgers. Nobody could say Tampa Bay is in the same ballpark as LA.

How would Teal and a more orange version of Sedona Red look for the Dbacks? Like a Rusted Turquoise look.

If it's Arizona, I hope they ditch their current aesthetic entirely. Their current set is atrocious, and the old purple and green was pretty bad, too. I know some people liked the old ones, but I think they're horribly outdated.