MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

So is the new white the new permanent home? Or some weird one season thing? And is this going to be like the Twins who put gold on the home jersey and then none anywhere else?

Just keep the new brown alternate though. I like that.

I think they idea is that these jerseys are meant to commemorate the Padres having the All-Star Game this season and could go full time if they're popular enough.

I'm curious as to what the alternative for 2017 would be.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the alternate hat (assuming it has a brown squatchee). I don't like the jersey, though; the white outlines are unnecessary. It also feels very plain. They really should have sprung for the extra set of pants with brown piping down the side.

Yeah, white outlines are needless fussy details. There's plenty of contrast between brown and gold. But I'm just glad to see brown back.

That home jersey is gorgeous, too.

I like the alt (script needs an orange stroke though), but the home seems a little plain. The PadreS script or even a front number should be there rather than the monogram.

Then again, I'm not a big baseball fan, so whadda I know? *Shrugs*

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

It's entirely possible they will. These might have merely been the Padres' December First uniforms.

The new Padres script is very nice. The entire set is a disjointed, jumbled mess. College baseball teams implement more consistency across their uniforms than this. And the new home Commemorative All-Star Season jersey is simply the Nationals' home jersey with yellow swapped in for red. Way to try.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Padres beat writer just tweeted:

"Mike Dee said the Padres will reassess home and road unis after next season. Brown might become a more primary color in 2017."

That's excellent news, or it would be excellent news, but what the :censored: , Padres? Going to make another :censored: ing change this time next year maybe?

"Mike Dee said the Padres will reassess home and road unis after next season. Brown might become a more primary color in 2017."

That's excellent news, or it would be excellent news, but what the :censored: , Padres? Going to make another :censored: ing change this time next year maybe?

Kind of sounds like it.

Maybe they couldn't get their act together in time for the ASG and made this commemorative jersey to buy themselves a year.

It's getting totally ludicrous...

Whatever road it takes to get brown back as the primary is fine by me. BUT, you could also look at it this way:

They wanted to keep their tradition of military jerseys. San Diego is a military town, so it makes sense to change them to the Navy's blue camo design. Adding the yellow to the blue gives the tie-in between the blue design and brown. So you have blue/white alternates, blue/grey road and camo (and blue alts as well on the road), yellow accents on the home uniform, and that yellow is the tie to the brown Friday alts.

One way to rationalize it. ;)

Call me crazy but I like all three jerseys unveiled today. But, if the "All Star Commemorative" (basically brand speak for "We need more merchandise sales) is not well received. They should just swap navy for brown and just call it a day.

Archived