MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

This is so nice in brown. For me it would calm the nerves of those who think brown can only be garish.

PadresSDBrown.jpg

I just don't get this logo. The D isn't intertwined with the S - it's just one shape, but the D has to be broken for some reason on the left? It might look even worse in this shot, since the outline makes it look like the D is supposed to be behind the S, but the other intersection indicates otherwise.

Has any other team EVER worn a special jersey for an entire season just because they hosted the all star game?

Do the 1990 Cubs road ones count?

Chicago-Cubs--2323-Authentic-Ryne-Sandbe

Did that have anything to do with the ASG? It would be strange for a team to commemorate hosting the game by wearing a special road jersey as opposed to home. I think they just didn't like it and decided to tweak it after only a year.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so nice in brown. For me it would calm the nerves of those who think brown can only be garish.

PadresSDBrown.jpg

I just don't get this logo. The D isn't intertwined with the S - it's just one shape, but the D has to be broken for some reason on the left? It might look even worse in this shot, since the outline makes it look like the D is supposed to be behind the S, but the other intersection indicates otherwise.

That's been a problem since the logo was introduced. It's just pronounced when you outline it or try to give the letters two different colors.

PadresSDBrown.jpg

That's been a problem since the logo was introduced. It's just pronounced when you outline it or try to give the letters two different colors.

I think the intent was to make that negative space a shadow of the S over the D, but it doesn't really work well at all.

PadresSDBrown.jpg

I think the intent was to make that negative space a shadow of the S over the D, but it doesn't really work well at all.

It works better in all all-white against blue. Still not great, but the flaws are less apparent.

11-San-Diego-Padres-MLB-Home-Authentic-O

Once you reverse it, or outline it, or try to make the two letters different colors, then it sort of falls apart. The odd space comes to the forefront.

PadresSDBrown.jpg

It works better in all all-white against blue. Still not great, but the flaws are less apparent.

11-San-Diego-Padres-MLB-Home-Authentic-O

Once you reverse it, or outline it, or try to make the two letters different colors, then it sort of falls apart. The odd space comes to the forefront.

The thing is that this primary cap has always had the layout wrong - notice how the bottom of the S lays over the D. In all other instances of the interlocking SD from years past, the bottom part was always under the D, not over. The new caps also follow the old (correct IMO) way of having the D overlay the S at the bottom.

pMLB2-23232353dt.jpg

pMLB2-23232309dt.jpg

This all makes me wonder if they throw the SD into the changes they make for 2017.

Every aisle at Petco Park has the current SD wordmark on it, so they'd have to change all of that if they changed the SD. But it wouldn't surprise me to see them simply change the color of the new home uniform from blue to brown.

This all makes me wonder if they throw the SD into the changes they make for 2017.

Every aisle at Petco Park has the current SD wordmark on it, so they'd have to change all of that if they changed the SD. But it wouldn't surprise me to see them simply change the color of the new home uniform from blue to brown.

I guess that might explain why they didn't connect it on the new home hat.

I guess that might explain why they didn't connect it on the new home hat.

Yeah, the current SD is here to stay.

The current SD, as previously mentioned, was intended to be monochrome, so I think it's a stretch to say the S is overlaying the D.. Really we're looking too deep into the direction of the stitches at that particular point of the hat, but that could all be due to whoever digitized the image at New Era first.. They have certainly corrected that issue with the current iterations, but I've always just "seen" the S as behind the D, based strictly on the context of the design, even though I see now that the S is actually embroidered in a way that suggests its on top of the D

None of those DBacks teasers have shown any turquoise. I'm starting to get the feeling Arizona wussed out and dropped the turquoise at the last minute.

If I'm right, I hope @GoNordiques will let us know where the turquoise was going to be used so someone can do a mock-up of the original design.

i think that turquoise is the biggest change and they simply dont want to ruin the surprise by teasing it

Same with the supposed design thatsna first in mlb

These teases arent great at all. Basically click bait to keep the dbacks in your mind as your anxiousness grows more and more(i guess thats what a tease is supposed to do lol.)

Here's what I think the D-Backs will do:

- Red, black & sand will remain as official primary colors

- Primary logo will remain unchanged. Modified, cleaner wordmark.

- A new "snake biting baseball" sleeve logo unveiled, replacing the "db snake".

- The "A" logo becomes the primary hat logo.

- Black hats become primary. Red reduced to alt status.

- New home & road unis, red & black alts, featuring diamond pattern fabric in places. New number/NOB fonts.

- Also a third alternate uni with current logos recolored in teal and purple.

6uXNWAo.png

None of those DBacks teasers have shown any turquoise. I'm starting to get the feeling Arizona wussed out and dropped the turquoise at the last minute.

If I'm right, I hope @GoNordiques will let us know where the turquoise was going to be used so someone can do a mock-up of the original design.

i think that turquoise is the biggest change and they simply dont want to ruin the surprise by teasing it

Same with the supposed design thatsna first in mlb

These teases arent great at all. Basically click bait to keep the dbacks in your mind as your anxiousness grows more and more(i guess thats what a tease is supposed to do lol.)

All teasers are dumb as hell, first of all they are annoying, you waste time trying to decipher some stupid distorted image, then when it´s finally revealed you get disappointed, because it did not live up to the hype

Just show us the :censored:ing jersey/uniform when it´s ready, we are not little kids waiting for Santa

What about the road jersey? Will they remove the neckline on that jersey?

Nope. Which means they have five different sets of piping. One for the home, one for the road and road alt, one for the brown alt, one for the navy camo and one for the marine camo, unless they change that one when they add the new wordmark.

What a mess.

Archived