Texas Longhorns (Football Concept)

FNDBlake

We're entering that "You don't touch those" territory. As Nike, Under Armour and Adidas prepare to bid on representing Texas, I felt inspired to try out a new concept. I truly believe that Texas is just a few years away from rolling out an alternate uniform. But if they do so, I'm convinced it will be fairly conservative. I'm not expecting a blacked out set or anything that could be considered a drastic move away from their fairly conservative style.

Thus, I tried to keep it simple with their alternate. With the school being so proud of their academics, I included the University's seal on the collar. I enlarged the "Texas" fontface on the chest to symbolize that "everything is bigger in Texas" mindset. The Longhorn logo can be seen behind the chest name and number. It's mean to simulate the sun/lights shining on the uniform and displaying the mascot. The only other additions to the uniform are a burnt orange helmet, white sleeves (w/Burnt Orange numbers) and Longhorns on the mesh of the pants.

rEVCXas.jpg

I've always thought Texas would look great with a burnt orange helmet, and it does! Great work. The wordmark on the pants isn't that great but besides that nice job

Many thanks! I think the one thing that Longhorn fans are curious about as far as a change in uniforms is what a Burnt Orange helmet could look like. The school is really traditional so I'm not sure if/when we'll ever see it. But I definitely wanted to incorporate it in my design.

I really like the alternate burnt orange helmet, but I am not feeling the alternate burnt orange jersey because of the yoke/shoulder design thing. I think that the alternate should just the burnt orange helmet with the regular jersey(s). I also dislike any football pants with no stripes or anything on them, so I think that you should make the alternate pants the full time pants. I also really like the new font on the front of the jersey more than their old circus font; this one just reminds me of Texas for some reason. I think that you could make a really cool road alternate for them by using the burnt orange helmet, the regular white road jersey, and making a burnt orange version of the alt pants. I am glad that you strayed away from the black scheme for the Longhorns. Good Work!

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

I like the orange helmet! I think numbers look too small and condensed. I also think the logo on the jersey is unnecessary.

+1.

I'm not as big a fan of the pants, though. I understand that it's hard to make an alternate for Texas, but the "Longhorns" doesn't look good on the pants.

I like the orange helmet! I think numbers look too small and condensed. I also think the logo on the jersey is unnecessary.

+1.

I'm not as big a fan of the pants, though. I understand that it's hard to make an alternate for Texas, but the "Longhorns" doesn't look good on the pants.

Yeah, I'll likely remove the wordmark on the pants. It's something I really wanted to work. But the more I see it, the less it fits.

Archived