TVIXX

Simplified Dr. Pepper Branding 2015

I'm just glad it's not rainbow sans serif ultra clear.

I feel like it's been this way for years.

This logo has been around for a few months now.

Looks the same as it always has... did they just remove a gradient or something?

Looks the same as it always has... did they just remove a gradient or something?

Pretty much. It has a flatter look then it used to.

You can compare the design of the bottles to the design of the can in the bottom right hand corner. Notice how the can's logo has the dropshadow?

It looks empty without the extraneous details... I feel like this one example of a simplification not producing good results.

It looks empty without the extraneous details... I feel like this one example of a simplification not producing good results.

I actually agree. The gradient worked here, as the font falls flat on it's own.

My initial reaction was, "Ugh, Again?" but this isn't all that bad. Everything seems to be leaning towards simplified lately. Jumping on the "flat design bandwagon" about 2 years too late.

It's an upgrade. Previous design made it feel cluttered

They cleaned it up, but the new version looks like it's missing something.

My initial reaction was, "Ugh, Again?" but this isn't all that bad. Everything seems to be leaning towards simplified lately. Jumping on the "flat design bandwagon" about 2 years too late.

A lot of it has to do with being easily reproduced/readable on smaller displays, such as smartphone screens. The less detailed a logo, the easier it can be compressed and understood. I think that's what the philosophy of the flat/responsive design trend has been about.

Not a fan of this trend of flattening soft drink logos. Hated the Pepsi logo modification and this new 'upgrade' is in the same class. You're selling a sweet, refreshing drink... The gradients, water droplets, and ice shards of their 90's to 00's counterparts are appropriate.

For those who don't want to click on the link:

10372000_10153110530233870_5808522690352

For those who don't want to click on the link:

10372000_10153110530233870_5808522690352

The greatest soft drink ever (after Cherry Coke), but the new branding on the regular and diet make me think of Oklahoma.