NHL by Adidas - Ottawa Senators 3/2

timberwolf

I don't think it's a big deal that Calgary and Buffalo have the same striping. The colour schemes are different enough that's not a problem. Maybe give one of the teams a lace-up collar?

As for Carolina, this is definitely a huge improvement over what the team is wearing now. Unfortunately, it's still a downgrade from the uniforms they won the Stanley Cup in. I miss the warning flag pattern, the use of silver, and the old shoulder patches.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those seem like good changes. Maybe consider the current color scheme with the classic logo? Anaheim is never an easy one to address, from what I've seen on here. People seem to have pretty strong feelings about their current vs. classic identities, and there are large enough camps for both that you'll never please everyone.

Overall, I think you're doing a lot more right than wrong. I'm excited to see more.

One last thing. As a Predators fan, I can tell you that a lot of fans like the gold (athletic yellow) home jerseys and it's a big part of our identity. If you're planning navy home jerseys (something I'm not wholly opposed to), maybe consider gold for away. At the very least, please don't neglect the gold in your new set, it's usually my biggest gripe with Nashville redesigns. Your great use of sand for away on AZ makes me think you might be open to it.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Those seem like good changes. Maybe consider the current color scheme with the classic logo? Anaheim is never an easy one to address, from what I've seen on here. People seem to have pretty strong feelings about their current vs. classic identities, and there are large enough camps for both that you'll never please everyone.

Overall, I think you're doing a lot more right than wrong. I'm excited to see more.

One last thing. As a Predators fan, I can tell you that a lot of fans like the gold (athletic yellow) home jerseys and it's a big part of our identity. If you're planning navy home jerseys (something I'm not wholly opposed to), maybe consider gold for away. At the very least, please don't neglect the gold in your new set, it's usually my biggest gripe with Nashville redesigns. Your great use of sand for away on AZ makes me think you might be open to it.

Gold was DEFINATELY in my notes...

So I've just woke this morning and feel awful. Turns out my parents kept me home from school because they thought I was sick (which I am). I'm not entirely too sure when I'll be able to post these next three but possibly sometime tonight. It DOES mean I'll be able to mess around with some edits today...

Follow me on Twitter @josiahbosch for updates and to contact me about comments and such. Have a great day!

Weird Taylor Roy's adidas template is two lines away from being identical to my IceBorn template... weird

What a dick move by Taylor Roy...

(but in all fairness it should just be "Template: IceBorn by Matt McElroy")

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Hey all! Thank you so much for the comments! As promised, here are the next three teams.

Chicago

This isn't a team where you can change a lot, so I didn't. Chicago has a great identity and you don't need to change it.

jlWCvq7.png

Colorado

Ahh, Colorado, the team with the much needed uniform redesign. I went with a jagged like pattern to resemble mountians, while keeping similarities to the classic from the Joe Sakic era. Have at it...

ryblSYd.png

Columbus

Their current jerseys are meh but their alternate is spot-on. The only thing I don't like is the gray addition. It always reminded me of the current Buffalo jerseys. I went with navy, light blue, and cream, with cream as the white. The alternate logo goes to its rightful place on the front.

I5AFZl0.png

Well, there's three more! I'll be doing the next three and some updates this weekend. Stay golden, everybody.

Not a fan of the black on the Avs' white jersey. I'd change it to grey. The Hawks are classic, as always, and the Jackets look beautiful. This is a great series so far!

Thanks, I experimented with grey but it didn't look good.

These are all stellar man!

Much appreciated!

The red numbers look great on Chicago.

I've always thought it would look better!

I hate admitting anything related to Chicago is good, but your work on this is solid. My only recommendation is to throw the crossed tomahawk and 'C' on the shoulders.

Colorado: It's not as good as some of your others, but I like it. Maybe try a Rockies-esque logo or the sasquatch foot on the shoulder?

Columbus: Yes, love it. because of the classic look, I hesitate to recommend seeing their current logo on the shoulders, but I want to see it.

(I'm realizing over the course of this thread how much I apparently like shoulder logos)

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Chicago: It's classic so to do barely anything was great because no change was needed.

Colorado: The extra black stripe isn't the greatest and it could use a shoulder patch.

Columbus: One of your best so far. Love the promotion of the cannon logo.

Great series so far!

Update; currently working on Edmonton...Dallas and Detroit are complete, should be able to get them up by tonight...

Some voting!

Florida Panthers logo

Current > 3

Alternate > 3

LA Kings logo

Modern Crown > 6

Throwback Crown > 0

Love the comments! Keep 'em coming!

I vote modern on the Kings. If you mean the simplified alternate logo for Florida, that's the one I'd go with. I've always felt the primary had too large a color scheme and too much fine detail.

Archived