Sign in to follow this  
illini1

Eastern Illinois is unveiling new panther logo tomorrow

They have had it done up for a while, Ive had the new logosheet for a couple months now it seems, so I agree, weird timing

Nice look! They should put this on the helmet immediately!

Nice look! They should put this on the helmet immediately!

Id imagine they will get new uni's since they're technically getting rid of black as a school color, and going blue and grey. That hasnt stopped many other schools though from going BFBS.

eillinois-colors.png

I want to like it but there's a lot of lines and shading that doesn't make sense to me. Upgrade yes but still.

I want to like it but there's a lot of lines and shading that doesn't make sense to me. Upgrade yes but still.

They do have a "headwear only" version that does not have the shading. Also here is a quick look at 2 of the alt logos

EIUPanthersMix.png

It seems like a strange time of the year to be unveiling a new logo. You'd think they would have done this before fall sports started.

http://eiupanthers.com/news/2015/10/5/GEN_1005152558.aspx?mobile=skip

Probably didn't have the money for a press conference before now, or were waiting to do it next year and changed their mind before they're forced to close due to lack of state money.

It's an upgrade, but that's not saying much. The two color logo is much better than the primary.

The mouth is weird. The proportions look off. I'm not sure. The font is annoying. Its very loopy and rounding... then they have angular serifs. Its annoying.

EIUPanthers.png

Me personally, it needs some black within the logo.

pivl4CO.png

First thing it made me think of. Really wish they would have put some black in it. Otherwise I do consider it an upgrade. I think the paw logo is the best of the set, though.

As I look at this new logo, I want to like it, but I just can't. The upper lip and snout area around the mouth look very unusual. The nose almost looks human. I'm surprised this version made it all the way to the end without someone stepping in and suggesting the snout be fixed.