The Worst Sports Logo Ever

Nyk33

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm probably one of the few people alive who liked the Buffaslug. Granted, I'm not from Buffalo or a Sabres fan, so the whole "culture" that the original logo captured is lost on me. But, from a vacuum, I thought this logo worked just fine as a hockey logo: it conveys motion, speed and has a decent color scheme. It strikes me as what the Buffalo Bills logo might have been if it was designed in the 2000s instead of the 1970s.

Anyway, I hate this logo:

[ugly Tigers Logo]

I guess I can give it a pass since it was from the early 20th century when there wasn't much thought given to graphic design, but still, it's pretty ugly.

You posted the wrong Tigers logo:

s-l225.jpg

Seriously though, this one is both awful & absurd...

South%2BCarolina%2BGamecocks.gif

Seriously, it took me 16 years to realize the the head wasn't the mouth and the neck wasn't the head

What how? Granted I had to wait a year or two to look at it closely but still. Not trying to pick a fight I just don't see what you saw for 16 years. Love love love this logo

Seriously though, this one is both awful & absurd...

South%2BCarolina%2BGamecocks.gif

Seriously, it took me 16 years to realize the the head wasn't the mouth and the neck wasn't the head

What how? Granted I had to wait a year or two to look at it closely but still. Not trying to pick a fight I just don't see what you saw for 16 years. Love love love this logo

For the longest time I too saw what (p)nabf saw. I think that illustrates just how over-detailed the logo really is.

I know a lot people may think I am being ridiculous in thinking that I can find the single worst sports logo to ever grace the planet but folks I have found it.

GombakUnitedFC.png

I dare anyone to argue against this thing from Singapore not being the worst logo ever.

Bad? Yes. Worst of all-tme? I'd say many other logos are much more cringe inducing that this thrown together thing they call a logo. This team is from an S.League from Singapour and several teams completely disregard design aesthetics by slapping some 3D onto some 2D without care, and don't consider how cartoony and/or ridiculous it may look. It's just not their specialty. The colors are okay, it's a full rendering of a cartoon bull that's supposed to look cute. It just doesn't belong anywhere near any type of pro sports uniform whatsoever. Not worst of all-time though.

---

I will, however, nominate the Canton Ice Patrol and the Long Island Surf for Worst Inter-Sports League logo of All-Time.

They are both much worse than the Clippers, the Buffaslug, and the OKC Thunder. Both designs are inexcusable on all levels, even if the technology wasn't very advanced during their time of creation. The awfulness is vomit-inducing. Maybe someone has one that's even worse, but it's going to be tough to beat.

I'm probably one of the few people alive who liked the Buffaslug. Granted, I'm not from Buffalo or a Sabres fan, so the whole "culture" that the original logo captured is lost on me. But, from a vacuum, I thought this logo worked just fine as a hockey logo: it conveys motion, speed and has a decent color scheme. It strikes me as what the Buffalo Bills logo might have been if it was designed in the 2000s instead of the 1970s.

Anyway, I hate this logo:

[ugly Tigers Logo]

I guess I can give it a pass since it was from the early 20th century when there wasn't much thought given to graphic design, but still, it's pretty ugly.

You posted the wrong Tigers logo:

s-l225.jpg

Nah, that one isn't great, but I like it much more than that 1920s-era logo.

Overall, the OP Gombak is worse, I would say, but it's for a nobody team. The Buffaslug, while not quite as bad, is worse in many ways. It belonged to a major franchise and was a huge step back.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

6elec248g0248fybjjx0.png

hands down!

Gotta agree with that ... Thing is, when these uniforms first came out with that horrible 'buffalaslug' logo, I totally loved the uniforms, the shade of blue and all ... just hated that slug logo.

The Sabres should have went with the slug uniform-set but with the big 'B' with the sabre sword going thru the center and would have had a winner (IMO)

That was our alternate logo at the time ...

I'm so bored with the original logo that's been touched up since we entered the NHL with Vancouver, and the darker blue needs to go away in favor of the more medium/royal blue, and get rid of the jersey numbers on the front. The old hockey Bisons logo kicked ass with the Pepsi Cap logo

sabres_alt_06_away.jpgsabres_alt06.jpg

Archived