The Worst Sports Logo Ever

Nyk33

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mostly everything from Roller Hockey International.

http://www.sportslogos.net/teams/list_by_league/28/Roller_Hockey_International/RHI/logos/

Specifically the Toronto Planets.

1472.gif

There's alot of exaggerations in this thread but LOOK AT THIS. This was a thing. Nothing is worse than this. This makes the Los Angeles Clippers new logo look like Breaking Bad. Don't even continue this thread man, just lock it, there's no point once you see this.

bSLCtu2.png

6elec248g0248fybjjx0.png

hands down!

Gotta agree with that ... Thing is, when these uniforms first came out with that horrible 'buffalaslug' logo, I totally loved the uniforms, the shade of blue and all ... just hated that slug logo.

The Sabres should have went with the slug uniform-set but with the big 'B' with the sabre sword going thru the center and would have had a winner (IMO)

That was our alternate logo at the time ...

I'm so bored with the original logo that's been touched up since we entered the NHL with Vancouver, and the darker blue needs to go away in favor of the more medium/royal blue, and get rid of the jersey numbers on the front. The old hockey Bisons logo kicked ass with the Pepsi Cap logo

sabres_alt_06_away.jpgsabres_alt06.jpg

At one point, someone was actually selling customized jerseys with this logo:

DSC00116.jpg

I would personally love at least an alternate where the logo is nothing but a big sword

I'm really surprised at the lack of Miami Marlins in this thread.

To be fair, while the Miami Marlins is garbage, it doesn't rank due to the fact its Florida Marlins branding was so awesome... a vast chasm of a step down from awesome still doesn't make it the worst.

Just the dumbest as all.

Florida Marlins for me was top 10 big 4 branding ever. There was elegance to it all.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

No OKC Thunder yet?

It's stupid but not worst bad.

Here is how stupid the OKC Thunder logo is: You could ask every single 5yr old on the entire planet to draw an image of 'thunder' & not a single f'ing image any of the what, 125 million(?) or whatever 5yr olds would conjure such a stupid silly logo.

'Thunder'... make it thunderous.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I think realistically speaking, most pro logos will never be "the worst logo ever" simply because there are so many awful semi-pro and amateur logos out there. As I alluded to before, I think many pro logos that people dislike has a lot to do with the fact they replaced something that had existed for a long time prior and thus had acquired meaning beyond the logo in of itself (i.e. the logo became associated with a successful period of the team, that sort of thing). In a vacuum, I dare say that even hated logos like the Buffaslug would probably have been appreciated on brand new teams or entirely on their own merits as a property of graphic design (certainly that last point is very much debatable).

The Toronto Planets is without a doubt the worse.

The more that time goes on tho, the more I actually like this logo and team name lol.

Danbury_Trashers.png

When someone says your team is trash, you can wholeheartedly agree.

That might actually beat out the Canton Ice Patrol. Wowzer.

Lots of great candidates on this thread.  I think the thing that really makes me laugh about this one is that the two pucks have the same yellow streaking. They seem to have shrunk the large puck to make the small one.  I find that hilarious.  And it must have been done by the coach's child or one of the players.

Even without the matching pucks, this logo is hilariously bad.  

Regarding the buffaslug, I don't even think it's in the conversation for "worst".  In fact, I don't even think it's all that bad.  The logo itself is not the problem so much as matching it with the change to blue/yellow when they should have realized that all the fans wanted something reminiscent of the original logo.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Maybe not the ugliest but certainly the most dull and boring

pMLB2-11755613dt.jpg

I mean' If that logo was a meal it would be a bowl of plain rice. With a side of plain freezer burned vanilla Ice-cream topped off with a glass of room tempertaure tap water.

If that logo was a person, that individual would like to spend his days watching paint dry on walls, grass grow in his back yard and his idea of fun would be sitting perfectly still and not talking.

Seriously if that logo was reincarnated as a human, he would make Ned Flanders seem like a wild and crazy fun loving guy.

The Catch of the Day!

Archived